It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs in the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

UFOs in the bible.

The following on google video is an investigation into the subject of UFOs in the bible. Many of the strange aerial events described in the bible could be explained by UFO/extra terrestrial intervention. Take the star of bethlehem hovering over a stable. Star, or starship? The biblical destruction of Soddom and Gommorah, alien UFO lazer-death-rays? The presence in the sky that guided Moses, was it a benevolent alien spacecraft? Was the parting of the red sea accomplished by the anti gravity drive of the UFO hovering above? I have no idea, as far as I am aware I wasn't there at the time. I like to stay open minded about these things, that way there is no chance that the truth, however unlikely, will escape without me seeing it. Hopefully you are the same. Check it out, I think you will enjoy it....

History channel documentary - UFOs in the bible.

Google Video Link

I made a thread about the vastness of the universe and whether we are alone here. Here is one of the videos from that thread....

I also made a thread considering whether Jesus was an alien here. Here is one of the clips from there concerning aliens/ufos in artwork....

UFO/Alien involvement in the bible, what do you think?

Much Love ~TL~

[edit on 24-8-2008 by TrueLight]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
My personal view? Why not, aliens have had a hand in every other aspect of our lives, why not explain all the religious phenomenom away with aliens aswell. Makes sense. Aliens appear throughout other religious texts aswell. Aliens, aliens, aliens. Everything is aliens. We are even aliens. Just my view of course, I could be completely wrong. I could also change my opinion tommorow, it's good to be flexible.

Best Wishes

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueLight

Why not, aliens have had a hand in every other aspect of our lives, why not explain all the religious phenomenom away with aliens aswell.

No offense, but this statment smacks of total ignorance and typical paranoid UFO stereotypes that, unfortunately, the rest of us have to live with being represented by. You have to realize that once you outright assert something like this, that no one that can intelligently discuss this with you will bother to take you serious...you get that?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Why not, aliens have had a hand in every other aspect of our lives, why not explain all the religious phenomenom away with aliens aswell.

No offense, but this statment smacks of total ignorance and typical paranoid UFO stereotypes that, unfortunately, the rest of us have to live with being represented by. You have to realize that once you outright assert something like this, that no one that can intelligently discuss this with you will bother to take you serious...you get that?

I was being serious, not sarcastic...don't make assumptions based on someones avatar lol, I'm not a christian ....you get that?

And also, the clip is 44 minutes long, there is NO WAY you watched it yet. So how do you know what is in it...

Since, you find the image of Lord Jesus offensive, I've changed it to Raptorpope. Still staggered at the vitriol aimed at myself based on your personal, incorrect, assumptions.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I didn't assume you were being sarcastic. Like you said, you were being serious when you made this ignorant statment.

And no, I didn't watch your youtube superstar videos. Like I said, after reading your post, and seeing such an outright ignorant statment such as this, I am one of those intelligent people that will pretty much turn the channel after someone outright asserts such utter foolishness.

I am sorry you don't get it, or are having trouble understanding my posts. Rest assured though, that there are plenty of ignorant people around here that will be more than happy to keep this thread going for pages and pages talking about how aliens have steer every aspect of their lives too.

UTTER RUBBISH

[edit on 24-8-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I am one of those intelligent people that will pretty much turn the channel after someone outright asserts such utter foolishness.

Rest assured though, that there are plenty of ignorant people around here that will be more than happy to keep this thread going for pages and pages talking about how aliens have steer every aspect of their lives too.

UTTER RUBBISH
lol..youre the only ignorant person keeping his going, i see nothing wrong with what the op is doing, so time to turn the channel there buddy.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

The clip is a 44 minute History channel documentary discussing with several qualified persons, the nature of the biblical referrences to UFOs. I'm sorry if this doesn't meet your exacting standards.

Much love.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLight
My personal view? Why not, aliens have had a hand in every other aspect of our lives, why not explain all the religious phenomenom away with aliens aswell.

You dont get it truelight

Why did Ignorethefacts take offense at that statement?
Not because you hurt his religous feelings.
the reason is it is:

a) a blanket statement
b) wrong

Why is it wrong?

Some aspects of my life where aliens had no influence whatsoever.

My diet
My education
My carreer choice
My sexual preferences
My haircut
My pet of choice
Choosing my diner tonight

Now you will tell me that is not what you meant but that was what you were saying...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Yes it wasn't what I meant, I suppose technically it is incorrect. Just like when someone, upon becoming pissed-off with the inclement weather says to someone "it's always raining". Clearly it is not always raining, but I very much doubt that anyone would be so pedantic or anal in real life to pick that person up on it. Really, is this what counts as debunking these days? Attacking the efforts of a poster based solely on their personal opinion of grammatical efficiency?

The clue there is where I say "my personal view" That means it was my personal view. If I want to personally view the world in this way, and express myself in this way.. I shall.

Did you have a comment about UFO's in the bible?

Regards.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Many of the sightings referred to in the Bible could be alien craft, but it is difficult to tell because of translation issues. The aliens could of just observed from a distance and may have taken a "no interference" stance.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

Many of the sightings referred to in the Bible could be alien craft, but it is difficult to tell because of translation issues. The aliens could of just observed from a distance and may have taken a "no interference" stance.

I think translation plays a part in it aswell kidflash. It even mentions it in the documentary to support their point. I am not so sure the actual bible itself can be taken word for word. There is enough feeling that it has been altered by secret societies and so on in the past. Aliens and UFOs are at least more clearly seen in other religions I think. The religions like Hinduism/Vedantism that actually teach the existence of life on other planets in their scriptures. I just found it an interesting view and thought I'd share it

Peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I understand a few guys on this forum may not be able to view videoclips for whatever reason. Here is a link to an extensive website which covers many occurrances of UFOs in the bible, it is an interesting read...

www.bibleufo.com...

Hopefully this will help expand the research of any interested party quite a bit more.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
May we all agree that the government knows about aliens? May we all agree that the government knows the public will see alien spaceships? So maybe the government wants you to believe in aliens and not in god? Maybe maybe maybe. So if you believe Jesus was an alien, wouldn't you be interested in what this alien had to say? Maybe the aliens are trying to control us through religion... or maybe the government is trying to destroy God by making you believe Jesus was an alien. Maybe the government is trying to destroy God by destroying the original thought of men. Then may we all agree the Catholic church destroyed other pagan religions or symbols, like Greek Mythology, or maybe we need to be reminded that the devils fork was once Poseidon's staff. So maybe the this government is trying to destroy God by not publicizing classified information or by hiding biblical artifacts? Maybe that is the reason why Moses was able to see a 'Burning' bush without seeing fire, God was able to communicate with him. Not everything you see with your eyes is what it appears to be. Remember the hand is quicker then the eye, and sometimes the left hand can do things the right hand doesn't know. Interesting post. Thank you for provoking my thoughts and believe in Christ even more then before. Much Love.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The first clue that angels were technological beings comes early in Genesis:

Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Sounds like a "light saber" (George Lucas took ideas from everywhere it seems). Whatever this "flaming sword" was, it is clearly a product of technology. An ordinary sword is a product of technology in and of itself, and a perpetually "flaming" one is indicative of advanced technology, beyond what is known to be available today, assuming they weren't simply dipping the sword in a flammable liquid every few minutes, for ages; which would be ridiculous and serve little purpose beyond the visual effect. I'm assuming that a "flaming sword" would have fire or some form of luminous energy for a "blade", like I said, like the fictional "light saber".

In any event, knowing that they were depicted right off the bat as having technological devices, it wouldn't surprise me if they had some type of mechanical transportation.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I would go along with the theory of Ailens being in the Bible.Eirzkhel (not sure if that is spealt right!) talked of chariots in the sky. And just how was Sodom destroyed? A battlefield mini nuke? Makes you think !
But i do beleive in the message of the Bible which was to be tolerant, dont kill, make peace and all that. Basically a moraility blueprint which you will find in all relgious texts. Was Jesus an ailen? Dont think so. But i do think he was more enlightend than anyone around him at that time. Would love to buy us both coffee in Starbucks and mull over a few things ! Interesting guy !

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

No, in biblical times, the whackos all saw prophets and later saints, now its ufos. I suppose it's progress..........

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Nice comments, thanks. About the flaming sword being a lightsaber, I was astonished, thanks for pushing the envelope. I don't see why not given the size of the Universe. Some think in Mahabharata, at the kurukshetra battle there were nuclear weapons, 5000 yrs ago! Something to think on. Peace

new topics

top topics

join