It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The inverted star. Subliminal submission to Satan.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
joshedis, I appreciate your understanding. Can I suggest that you not make the mistake I sometimes make, which is to respond, not to react. In other words, use your intelligence rather than raw emotion to reply. Of course, you're free to do what you will, and I'm not going to try to stop you. I mean no disrespect, and I sense that you don't either. Unfortunately, not everyone on ATS is so, shall we say, secure...

Be well.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Eastern star is everywhere, people never ask why these stars are so unique and why theyre in every entrance to every town. I guess nobody asks questions these days? Hidden in plain site it is.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
Will you people with the inverted star and satan please go away. It is fear mongering to even suggest and the fact that you bring it up only supports the argument.

Find something else to worry about, like your life.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by wdkirk]

Doublepost. How is this not worrying about their own lives? Arent these groups effecting their lives? Quite a stupid question really.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manasseh

Sorry, but your organization is the one who picked the inverted star as their symbol.

Ok, I'm not sure if anyone tackled this one yet, but in the post you're referencing, Manasseh, he tells you the significance of the symbol being the inverted star. It had been the same symbol since before Christianity decided that that same symbol should represent 'Satan', as it was taken from a 'Pagan' belief system. Most 'Pagan' religions, upon being assimilated into Christianity, were then spun to represent evil forces.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by jephers0n]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

Wow, I could not be more impressed with the way he accurately stated it.

You people need to understand, there is good and evil.
However, each thing that happens in this universe happens for a reason, yes it is unpredictable, yes there are issues with Good vs Evil.
You need to understand that people are the ones that make mistakes, they are the ones' to make bad decisions.
No one intentionally tries to worship evil, no one wants to be swallowed by darkness - we have all repeatedly been instilled from childhood with the belief that good always prevails. Why should you feel insecure about your future?
There is a soul, there is a God, but why are you worried about the Devil taking over if God has infinite power. You should realize that you are making personal attacks on other members, the star might not have any significant reason behind it being inverted, simply because it is your own perception that it is inverted to begin with.
Keep in mind people come from different backgrounds, and their belief's have always been different. Who knows why they "inverted" it? No one will know the truth, however you should refrain from acting like a moron.
I believe in good, if you believe in it strong enough, you start to see positive changes.

Stay safe and secure in the belief that in the end - everything works out for the best.

-ghost

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
HEY!! That General Grand CHapter star! I seen that on a car that came to my shop like 3 weeks ago. It was a lady and she had that symbol i a badge and had it on the back side of her van. My dad is very good friends with her husband. Hmmm So what does this mean!?!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hey!

Well I think thats the best post I have seen on this forum.
Thank you...ghost was it?
Well I have to say this thread is keeping me intrigued at the the least.

I suppose I should offer some of my findings then....

This is a quote from yahoo answers.

"is there a difference between an upside down star and a right side up??
i would like to know from a practicing wiccan or pagan because i feel that others are quite misinformed at the practice?
any info would be greatly appreciated" -Donyx-

The reply to this was...

"The pentacle with one point up usually represents Spirit over the other Elements of Earth, Air, Fire and Water (basically Spirit OVER Matter). The pentacle with one point down represents Spirit descending INTO Matter.

Neither one is evil although the Pentacle with one point up is USUALLY associated with Wiccans and the other way is USUALLY associated with Satanists (although the two are NOT the same thing -- as BOTH sides will tell you)" -Hestia's Priestess RIRS-

I chose that because it was neutral, I know It has the right side up star in there two but I'm sure thats fine.

Heres one farther down the page...

However, it should be remembered that no religion owns a symbol. Some Wiccans do use the point down pentagrams to represent specific things, including the 2nd degree of initiation in traditional covens. And there are non-Wiccans, non-Satanists that also make use of pentagrams.-Nightwing-

Sincerely,
joshedis

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Whoa, trips. I didnt know any of that stuff about the upside down stars on the repub elephant. Cheers, good info!
Flagged.

-Z-

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

reply to post by 2stepsfromtop

Since the Roman Catholics, Freemasons, Mormon Church and several Christian faction are all one-in-the-same,

you sir, with your cross bearing armor wearing gun toting avatar, have made my point brilliantly.

Keep in mind, all the armor in the world, will not protect you from God's anger.

Bring it on.

What I choose as an avatar has no reflection on my hard core belief that there is no god, gods, or other entities ... fact is according to your own beliefs that your god made satan blah blah blah, satan is a part of your god and can never be divorced from it. Which means that there is a strong part of your god that is an evil, manipulative, child molesting, cannibalistic, sould searing, worthles piece of crap ... but since it does not even exist, both arguments are moot.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 2stepsfromtop

Hey, I missed the statement about the RCC, FreeMasons, Mormons, and other groups.
Generaly the RCC has a stance of no tolerance towards Masonry. While some of your local churches may allow it, the church at large sees it as a excommunicatable offense.
The relationship between Masonry and the RCC is well documnted.
as for Mormons, I believe the fellow who started them borrowed some stuff from Masonry, but aside from that, there's no connectino between them (including the RCC.)
I'm not sure where you get your facts, but they don't bear up to history.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

reply to post by DreamerAU

Sorry, but your organization is the one who picked the inverted star as their symbol.
Is there no importance in your symbolism?
Please, we are here to DENY ignorance,
not to go one allowing unsuspecting citizens to think the truth is nothing to be concerned about.
One soul at a time, your organization and it's tentacles lead perfectly well meaning people to the edge of the waterfall.

P.S. What is the deal with Freemasonry and Latin. Does it somehow make you feel smarter that everyone else?

Have you heard the story about the good Samaritan lately?
[edit on 24-8-2008 by Manasseh]

You're right, we did pick the inverted star as a symbol. The facts are that we had the inverted star long before the star was perverted in to a satanic symbol. Of course there is significance behind the symbol, the meaning is not that of satanism. Please, I beg you to have an open mind. There are plenty of symbols used around this great world of our that has two meanings.

The truth is simple, to me anyway from my years of experiencing Freemasonry, as a Freemason, this topic is silly. We are not an occult, our tentacles are not leading people to this waterfall you reference. And yes you are correct in your thinking, Freemasons, doctors, lawyers, poets, linguists, etc., we all use Latin because it makes us feel smarter than everyone else.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Until about 1800 AD, the inverted star only had one meaning:

It was the star of bethlehem, with the lowest wing pointing down to the spot on earth where the savior was born.

Even the most basic research into the "Order of the Eastern Star" (For we have seen his star in the East) would teach you to get your semiotics from classical iconography, instead of from rock n roll album covers who were inspired by Leo Taxil.

But then again, the truth is so much more complicated that a pretty lie.

Reading satanism into every one else's symbols: submission to satan. . . .

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by DreamerAU

I love the non-attack attack.

The old "this topic is gay (no offense)" defense.

You can't insult someone and then say "not an attack" and make it any better. If you are tired of defending free masonry then quit defending it. What do you get out of it?

I don't even follow free mason conspiracies I just needed to respond to your "non-attack" attack.

ig·no·rant: lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact.
I understand that it is difficult to interpret how an author intends the typed word to be interpreted unless you are a trained (or talented) writer. I am neither. There wasn't any type "non-attack" attacking going on. For example, I own a decent sized business, I am ignorant of all the Tax laws, I trust my tax attorney because he is trained as a tax attorney. I am not offended by being called ignorant of the tax laws. I took a tax course in grad school, I know a few things about taxes, I am still ignorant of all the tax laws. People have a tendency to get on the offensive when the word ignorance or any variance of the word is used. I wanted to avoid that, that is why I worded my comment as I did with the 'no offense' claim.

To label Freemasonry as an occult or satanic or anything unless you are a Freemason and know first hand, is doing so based on ignorance. You may think you know something and you may know a little bit, like me and taxes, but not enough to accurately make such claims, it's that simple. This could be deemed stereotyping as well and we all should know where that can take us. Could there be satanic Freemasons, sure, a Freemason has to believe in a supreme being, Freemasons do not discuss religion when gathered together at any Masonic event.

And you are correct, there is no need for me to defend Freemasonry, why should I care what people who are ignorant of the true history and meanings of Masonic symbolism believe? I'm sure you (or others) will think I am being condescending in this remark, I am not, do I know it all of course not, however, being a 32 degree Mason I know more about Freemasonry than one who is not. Could there be exceptions, sure, is this forum one, not a chance.

You bring up a great point, thank you exposing me to a different perspective. I know the truth, that's all that matters. I agree with you, why get involved in such trivial trite? Maybe it's because I'm watching a preseason NFL game and it's boring me maybe that's why I'm entertaining your reply to my initial comment to the OP with this garrulous rant. I assure you I get nothing from this but practice typing...

I hope that all is well with you and all who read this.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
If the star is pointed upwards it means God if it's pointed downwards it means Satan, that's what i was taught anyhow, as far as the Star Of Bethlehem i always thought that ment something good????

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
What happened tp the topic at hand? Enough already of where/what/why the inverted pentagram is ...........

Why are the stars on the GOP elephant pointing down?

Why did those in charge of the GOP symbol invert the stars, after so many years of the stars being right-side up? What was the purpose?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

It was probably to communicate that the Republican party was now firmly under control of the secret socieities that buy into all the symbolism, which also shows the real behind the scenes controllers, that do things indirectly so they have plausible deniability and liability shields, where there influence stretches.

I don't really buy into the metaphysical stuff, it just dosen't fit into my worldview. I do believe there is some sort of spirtualism out there, but imho what happens is these people are disconnected from it, and in a sense satanism is not the link to an evil supernatural being that empowers people, but in reality the disconnection from the vital lifeforce that animates the universe, a disconnection which drives people insane.

So don't fear these people, weed them out, they need to be treated and their bloodlines brought back into the normal matrix of healthy, loving human beings their insanity is trying to destroy.

It's the only real long term solution. Don't feed the chaos, or you will disconnect yourself and turn into the very thing you started out fighting.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Zepherian]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

An inverted star or pentagram, is also a denotation of Wiccan 2nd, degree and has no attatchment ot satanism in any form.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

so then there, not that i'm christian, but prior to the "reign" of christ, who was responsible for pain famine war disease and all that?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Fact is, you respond differently to different forms and structures. Symbol evokes and instills. It is its purpose.

Look back to the pictures in this thread and feel the difference.

What do you feel when you see a normal "star" (besides why are these on so many flags
)

What about the inverted "star"

When I was in elementary school, all the girls would scribble stars.. I would see a piece of paper with just stars all over it. On binders, notebooks, hands, etc.

Symbol occupies space in the mind. As it is processed, "mental reverberations" are produced.

Just like when you eat food, there are consequences for what is ingested.

The mind ingests also.

Purge your mind. And things... begin to look a little different.

Paranoia is sometimes justified. A meaningless observation or the key to releasing the veil in front of your eyes. This thread opens the door to a rabbit hole within other rabbit holes.

You got work tommorow though, so don't sweat it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

And there was I thinking the religious were firmly against the reproduction of any Star - Exodus 20:4 Thou shall not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

Take this literally and all flags with star or stars, moon crescent and sun are on the Bible Black List.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join