It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The inverted star. Subliminal submission to Satan.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

Second time I've been called a Mason here. maybe the next time'll be the charm.

I'm no Mason, friend, probably won't be. To lazy.
Let me ask you a question, if I were to attack something you believed strongly in, would you defend it? If someone made false statements about your beliefs, would you attempt to correct them?
And if someone called you a evil devilworshipper, would you get offended?
And yet, when someone defends themselves, their freidns, and in some cases, their families, against similar and worse attacks, you get flustered, and use it as a point of guilt.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

And if someone called you a evil devilworshipper, would you get offended?

I am d'evil's worst nightmare.
Why would I be defensive. oh, I mean offended.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Manasseh]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshedis
Hi uh...

That's a start....

I'm sorry but I think your over reacting.

You're sorry for thinking that you can tell someone else how they should feel, in your opinion...

Just because a star is inverted that doesn't make it a sign of the devil.

How would you know?

HOWEVER that star IS his symbol whether he exists or not.

You just contradicted yourself.

I think your religious beliefs are making you a bit too suspicious.

Or perhaps your beliefs are making you a bit too ignorant [or is it "ignorent"?...]

But I'm sure you'll find people in this website who support your beliefs.

I merely support the OP's freedom to believe.

I for one do not believe in this but I will not mock you for your beliefs.

So what exactly, then, are you doing in your post? "Hi, uh..." is a form of mockery, if you think about it.

I think the rule we have laid down here at ATS is, "If there is no proof, it's not true."

I haven't seen that anywhere. Some choose to believe things; others do not. The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim, sure. But I guarantee you that you could find just about anything in the entire spectrum of belief here on ATS, whether it's backed by "proof", according to one's standards or those of the next, or not.

While if you want to believe that ALL of the people who have an upside down star in their business are Satanists go right ahead, I'm just stating I think this is an over reaction.

Perhaps it is true that "the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." Or, perhaps there is no devil.
Let's suppose that there is. Let's also suppose that this extra-dimensional entity exists outside the traditional, conventional five-sensory world. However, such a devil isn't much of a devil unless it can affect our material plane. And what if every upside-down pentagram, for instance, merely serves to serve the power of said demon, whether the human who created it knows it or not. If I drop a cigarette in a forest and leave the area, only to inadvertently set off a catastrophic forest fire, even though I'm gone and know nothing of the consequence of my careless action, this doesn't mean that the forest still doesn't burn down.

Or does it?

Again, my overarching point here is that you're being very dismissive of someone's beliefs, with only your un-supported opinion to counter that of the OP. And far be it from me to tell you what to believe. It's your universe for you, just as it's mine for me. I mean no harm by this; I'm merely giving you a taste of your own medicine, so to speak.

p.s I draw stars like that sometimes.
Does that make me conspiring against you?
Does that make me an agent of the "Devil"?

Maybe it does... I hope not, but you never know, do you?

[edit on 8.24.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Ah, I see.
Look, people don't like being insulted. As for the Devil being afraid of you, I supremely doubt it. If anything, that belief means he has you were he wants you, but then again I'm a well known fool, so what do I know.
And before a mod says I'm OT:
As a two-bit photographer I've seen a lot of shapes. Rectangles, squares, circles, octogons, and, yes, stars. Sometimes built into architecture, othertimes found in nature. Especially certain types of flowers.
The simple polygons, are, of course, nearly everywhere. The more complicated they are, the more "artistic' they are considered, generally. Other times, yes, they are given specific meanings. Especially by people who use the ,primarily, RCC views on Evil in a attemtp to draw themselves to evil influences.
as for wether these stars have any more sinister meanings, I can't say for certain. However the dissimilar nature of the folks using the symbol, and the number of different meanings, leads me to believe they are not interconnected.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerAU

I love the non-attack attack.

The old "this topic is gay (no offense)" defense.

You can't insult someone and then say "not an attack" and make it any better. If you are tired of defending free masonry then quit defending it. What do you get out of it?

I don't even follow free mason conspiracies I just needed to respond to your "non-attack" attack.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
the inverted 5 pointed start in representation of a horned being was brought into being a long time ago by the church to vilify pagan gods you know those people that didnt want to believe on your version of the creator but their own and the exact same reason churches where built ontop of these ancient ritual grounds of these religions

the whole freemasony thing has been done to death to be quite honest in every faction and yes even Christianity there are "Bad Eggs" that hide within these organisation

just because these bad eggs where discovered does not mean you have to continualy vilify the whole organisation for if thats the case the Church has a hell of a lot to answer for

now your going to say im a godless heretic well im not what i am is someone who does beleive in God just not your version that doesnt mean you are or i am wrong in our faith

the 5 pointed star has always and still is used in a mass fear building exercise shrouded in misunderstanding

there is an evil out there but its not where your looking

im not here to cause offence just put my point across

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Amitsumikaboshi]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

And the first reaction to a false accusation is a good defense as well. See the dilemma? Your paranoia has overstepped its bounds, you misguided hooligan. I am not a Mason, but I do know a 32nd degree Master Mason and he's a damn good guy. My grandfather was also a 32nd degree Master Mason and he was a damn good guy too.
As far as I can tell, there isn't anything evil about Masonry. Granted no one knows anything about Masonry in the upper echelons so I cannot say that it isn't a group of old men that like to sacrifice babies to an imaginary representative of evil while taking part in a blood orgy...but thats the point. Because you do not know that they are definitively "evil", you cannot make that accusation in good conscience either. That would be a biased assumption and make you a jackass.
Now, you Bible thumping ignoramus, you are entitled to your own beliefs, but when you repeatedly attack a group of people you know next to nothing about because of a goddamned star...that makes you an idiot. A narrow-minded, ignorant fool. So...cut it out.
What is up with all the religious arrogance and bigotry? You'd think this was the Dark Ages. I live in the Bible Belt in a family of extremely devout Christians and I'm Taoist. They don't give me any flack about that. I see more spitefulness and stupidity on this site because of Christianity than I have seen anywhere else. What's up with this? Would you people kindly take out your damned Bibles and actually read the bloody thing! WWJD indeed... he certainly wouldn't condemn an entire group of people, spread lies, propagate hatred, and be as illogical as you!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
the upside down star is a reflection of what the vATICAN calls satanism.

what it really stands for is the Creators sacred geometry, and thats also why the masons have a big G in thier logo.

whats the best way to keep people from learning about thier true selves???

just call it witchcraft or whatever and that will keep most peple away when it doesnt have that meaning.

they want you to watch dancing with the stars or some other crap.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
But does anyone know a 33rd degree master mason have a talk with them,but wait they dont talk to infidels.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hmmm.
Regardless of the position of the stars or the color of the icons, I could take some of you folks more seriously if you could punctuate or spell or compose a sentence correctly.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 2stepsfromtop

I agree that churches are institutions that are control systems that said.. however that does not mean that god does not exist only that the god that has been presented to us is false.. many political elitist practice some form of "devil worship".. I do not believe in the devil .. however I do believe in EVIL.. and what these people are worshiping is EVIL.. We do need to be careful with symbolism... it a powerful device and it works whether you believe in it or not...

[edit on 24-8-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Camar

Bah, you're on a conspiracy forum mate. You expect solid conversation and well attended grammar?
If all you can donate is the lacking of proper grammar, you really don't have much to add.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camar
Hmmm.
Regardless of the position of the stars or the color of the icons, I could take some of you folks more seriously if you could punctuate or spell or compose a sentence correctly.

ATS is not a book.. People are typing in multiple forums and they are typing as fast as possible. Just because an op has some bad spelling or grammar does not mean it's not credible.. if you want to read items that are perfect Grammar then I suggest you hit some good ol Main Stream Media news.. There grammar is usually perfect but as many people are already waking up to there content is usually dodoo.. Your pick spelling&Grammar with propaganda... or bad spelling & Grammar and more truth pick your dish..

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot

Originally posted by Camar
Hmmm.

Your pick spelling&Grammar with propaganda... or bad spelling & Grammar and more truth pick your dish..

I pick good spelling, good grammar, and good information.

Back to the topic at hand, has anyone actually heard or seen a reasonable explanation for why the RNC has these inverted stars. Especially when it's obviously a known fact, and not just on ATS, that such a symbol represents, to many, at least, something down-right EVIL? I mean, it's just not PC...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Originally posted by Manasseh
reply to post by Misfit

Thanks for pointing out that 3 yr old thread.
An attempt to get this one closed?

The other thread is irrelevant because it is 3 yrs old? It's the same damn explicitly relevant topic.
An attempt to get this one closed? What the hell?

Have you noticed that noone in the older thread was able to even attempt to reasonably explain away why the stars have been flipped? This is not an attack on the RNC, nor is it an attempt to polarize or piss off...I'm simply puzzled as to why this happened, with NO explanation found.

Anyone?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Will you people with the inverted star and satan please go away. It is fear mongering to even suggest and the fact that you bring it up only supports the argument.

Find something else to worry about, like your life.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by wdkirk]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
Will you people with the inverted star and satan please go away. It is fear mongering to even suggest and the fact that you bring it up only supports the argument.

Find something else to worry about, like your life.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by wdkirk]

If there is a Satan, I'm sure that he appreciates your defense of him.

You tell the people who are on-topic to "go away"? And then your "argument", if we can even call it that, consists of nothing but a worrisome and fearful contradictory statement. Hardly worth posting, if it were me.

It is "fear-mongering" to tell someone else to "worry" about anything. And it is war-mongering to suggest that they should "worry" about their "life". Reads to me like you're the one who was full of "worry". Think back to how you felt when you "added" to the thread, wdkirk.

Ask yourself why the topic makes you so upset. Me, I don't really care. It's your life to, ahem, worry about.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I Understand.

ItsTheQuestion, I understand what you were saying.
I'll try to clarify my points.
For points three and four however I have put them together as one.

1): When I said "Ok uh..." I didn't mean to offend him when I said it I was trying to think of what to write down. That's just something I do. If you do don't like that I'll try to stop.

2): When I said "I'm sorry" I meant Im sorry if I offend him.

3): For the first part, I meant that it isn't intended as the sign of the devil.
For the second part where I contradict myself.
I meant in some religions (I'm not sure if theres more than one with this) that the inverted star is his symbol.
While it's his symbol some people don't write it as his symbol, but as something else.
If thats too confusing I can try to clarify.

4): It may be that I'm ignorant, what I meant was, that believing that the inverted stars are the devils symbol is one thing.
However thinking EVERY inverted star is MEANT to be showing support for the devil is completely different.
Oh and your right, it is spelled ignorant!

5): Alright I understand that.

6: As I said earlier in my post, I did not intend that as mockery.
And I never want to mock anyone for their beliefs, that is just rude.

7): I went to edit my post for that part but forgot about it1
What I meant to say when I edited was.
"If there is no proof, skeptics will say it's most likely not true, unless they are proven otherwise."
Now that I read that over again I remembered what I meant to fix, thanks!

8): I completely agree, I was being submissive with his ideas.

9): I hope I'm not an agent of the devil too, that would scare me. Mostly because I don't believe strongly in him. Though of course who am I to say he doesn't exist.

Sincerely,
joshedis

p.s I hope you reply to this, I enjoy your posts!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Symbolism... well, sometimes it means diferent things for diferent people. The true power of symbols is not their intrinsic meaning, imo, it's more what people have been programmed, conditioned as a better word, to interpret them as. Once the conditioning is broken, or if it was never complete, symbols are pretty neutral things.

My take on this subject is while people are getting their knickers in a twist thinking about god and the devil, I see things which are far more mundane and even somewhat humorous. For example, the whole goat and inverted star thing made me think of the story that the Rothschilds descend in reality from a bunch of goat herders that figured out how to herd people. I suppose they would want to herd evil hearted people too, so as to have complete control of a society. What better way to achieve this than an antireligion, ie satanism?

There's an odd sort of symmetry here that made me smile.

In the real world the duality of good and evil plays out in a more subtle tone, good being love or high vibrational frequency that attracts positive things to one's life, bad being the absence of frequency that lowers the amount of positive things in one's life. And just to keep the dynamic going there's a bit of randomness thrown in, to add spice to life.

Peace guys, and don't overanalyze the silly drawings.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
it was a tough decision as wrether to post here or not, i do not want to give validation to this being a big topic. Misfit pointed out a thread that should cover most of it. okay, you haven't been a member very long but u have a significant amout of points for such a short run so i have to ask:
thou shalt have no other gods before me---do u spend equal or more time eveyday reading the Bible and studying the word of God than u do reading this forum and posting and what have you? Do u spend more time studying the word of god than u do working and trying to make a buck to survive on? I ask because i feel u have to consider what makes a god, is it the amount of time and energy we sacrafice to it? It could be argued that money and media are gods and that u spend more time and energy feeding them than u do reading the bible.
also, as a teenager 10 years ago i fell heavily into teenage angst and i often wore things and said things for shock value because it was against the norm and to me at that point anything unusual was better than the alternatives, i adorned myself withsymbols known to be "evil"; baphomets and so forth on my shirts, notebooks, ect. Mariln Manson was my hero. now all that has changed, but i still don't go to church, and have not found jesus, there isn't even a "J"in the Hebrew language anyway, so it amuses me that christians are finding jesus. If these symbols were so powerful as evil things that they can subliminaly project evil, then i should have been a mini-Hitler by now, not a loving father who is a compassionate citizen and goes out of his way to help people and do no harm, i mean, i BATHED in these "evil" symbols, and i can't ever remember a truly "evil" thought i've ever had. So these symbols don't perpetrate evil in any way, they are just symbols. You are not giving the thinking people of this country enough credit IMO.
javing said that, your opinion is important, I know you won't get discouraged from my reply, but maybe some of the harsher ones would...and that would be a shame. Anyone trying to think outside the box would be welcome on my team, i think this is something many ATS users are missing. If we are to join the Disenfranchised people from the far left and far right, then we need to realize that the middle will be very diversified, and more tolernace on all our parts will be necessary. Thank you.
E.P.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join