It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason Carving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I was recently visiting Michigans' Upper Peninsula at the Porcupine Mountains and I found this engraved into one of the large rocks on the coast of Lake Superior. Thought the free mason fans and or enemies would find it interesting.
Its dated 1928.

On a side not the Porcupine Mountain State Park is beautiful and I recommend that anyone who is able, make a visit.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Looks like a Mason visiting the area and perhaps a bit of an ego problem decided to leave his mark on a rock ..... not sure why.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Is it uncommon for a mason to leave his mark? Is it frowned upon to expose yourself as a mason in this way? Just curious. You seem to be an expert on the Freemasons and/or are a Mason in fact.

I found it to be an interesting find nonetheless and I'm glad I took a picture.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
reply to post by Rockpuck

Is it uncommon for a mason to leave his mark? Is it frowned upon to expose yourself as a mason in this way? Just curious. You seem to be an expert on the Freemasons and/or are a Mason in fact.

I found it to be an interesting find nonetheless and I'm glad I took a picture.

I don't think there's anything particularly unusual about a Mason leaving behind a memento in that fashion. I'd venture that precious few people have seen that inscription and fewer still recognised what it referred to. I guess about the only thing I'd find surprising is that someone's ego would have him expend the amount of energy that that would've required to carve into what I believe is rather hard rock. That and the fact that being either the current or a past Master of the Lodge means that the individual would be at least in his late 20's if not older when the carving was done.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Since I used to be affiliated with a Michigan Lodge I think I can a hazard a guess.

First of all the image looks like the date is 1928.

Since Michigan does Acacia Lodges out in the woods sometimes maybe this was one and it was to commemerate once such Lodge.

Just a guess.

BTW Nothing in the Laws, Rules, Regulations or bylaws of Masony says to hide that you are a Mason. If that is true the 2 Flags, Multiple Car Emblems and other trinkets from Rings to tie tacks I always wear would not be available.

One 3'X5' Flag under the US Flag on my House and one on the opposite side of my Blazer of the same size from a US Flag.

I definately get a lot of looks for my 74 Blazer with both those flags flying from it down the Highway.

top topics

join