It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's you're favorite live concert ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Pink Floyd High Hopes (Live)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Princes Trust Concert 1987
George Harrison and Eric Clapton "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
John Fogerty Susie Q.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

Love that song!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
RUSH 2112!!! Imagine that. Best concert and best night of my life.

And in 2nd place..........Elton John is always great!

Rush

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here is my second favorite...THE greatest live jam band in all the land.

Their July 4th shows are unreal

The Allman Brothers Band - Blue Sky

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
My fav band live has probably been the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Apart from all the tools that went to see them they were really awesome. Now I wanna go see the Mars Volta.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Robbie Williams LIVE8 Angels

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Too many to list but Dylan, Harrison and Russell singing Just Like a Woman is a good start. www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The first time I heard Dark Side of the Moon, I was hitch hiking thru Colorado with my boyfriend, 1973. This guy in a uniform (sorry can't recall anymore details than that - lol) from an airforce base in that area picked us up in this big white van, he had it decked out with quad speakers and head phones. Someone broke out some Acapulco Gold I think it was. The driver handed me these bitchin headphones and put on Pink Floyd DSOTM and I was never the same (well not for the next 3 or 4 hours anyway).

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

My favourite live concert is "CLOSE ENCOUNTERS"
This concert change my life ,my beliefs....it was a dream to be there under the blue sky .....and heard his voice saying"is anybody out there"
of course ......we are not alone

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The Mars Volta!!

Ive been to a lot of shows but these guys take the cake. Arguably the pink floyd of new millennium, putting out some of the best music today.

This video is pretty long, but make sure you peep the end for a sax/guitar duel.

My avatar is a pic of one of the many backdrops that bedazzle the eye during the average 3 hr volta show.

[edit on 9/8/2008 by iiinvision]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Muse at Wembley stadium in London was pretty epic, Jimmy eat world also put on an amazing show, although that might just be me being biased..

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well I know I have a few years over most of you so you may not be into Neil Young that much , but wanted to post this awesome vid of him singing Hey hey my my in Japan! You gotta hand it to the Japanese, I think they ceded on which country rules as far as music long ago.

www.youtube.com...

Hey hey, my my
Rock and roll can never die
There's more to the picture
Than meets the eye.
Hey hey, my my.

Out of the blue and into the black
You pay for this, but they give you that
And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black.

The king is gone but he's not forgotten
Is this the story of johnny rotten?
It's better to burn out 'cause rust never sleeps
The king is gone but he's not forgotten.

Hey hey, my my
Rock and roll can never die
There's more to the picture
Than meets the eye.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
Well I know I have a few years over most of you so you may not be into Neil Young that much...

Failing to expose one's children to Neil Young is nothing short of child abuse. He's a far more influential artist than a lot of people realise...hope I get to see him live some day, there was a rumour going around that he was going to headline the T in the Park festival in Scotland a couple of years ago, but they booked The Who instead.

The best live performance I've ever seen was by Rage Against the Machine at this year's T in the Park. It was the atmosphere created by the psychotic Scottish crowd as much as the band's performance which made it special...towards the end of the set, during the song 'Wake Up', the frontman Zach de la Rocha gave one of his trademark speeches, telling the crowd that the government were afraid of us, that we should boycott American products, and march on the US embassy and "burn the motherf***er down".

As he was ranting about the evils of capitalism and the Bush administration, everyone in the front enclosure in front of the stage - 20,000 drunk, drugged up Scottish people - all knelt down on one knee and raised their fists in the commie salute, before jumping back up and thrashing about with ecstatic violence to the end of the song. Truly awe inspiring. It almost felt like we really could march on the US embassy, burn it down, and be back in time to see the first band at 11am the next day.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Richard Wright tribute R.I.P

Richard Wright: 1943-2008

Pink Floyd - "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun"

Pink Floyd Pulse Tour - "Great Gig in the Sky"

Pink Floyd - Money - Live 8

[edit on 19-9-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
By now it deffo is the two Madonna concerts I attended:

2006 - Confessions on a Dancefloor tour

2008 - Sweet & Sticky tour

*edit to fix links

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Storm_Indigochild]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Pink Floyd - The Wall
The Rolling Stones - Some Girls
Grateful Dead - July 1978 (or 1982) at the Red Rocks Colorado Picture

Originally posted by BlackOps719The best live concert I have ever been to was the Pink Floyd Pulse tour.

Ah! I didn't see the concert, but I've rented it many times. Excellent!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I saw Pink Floyd on their Animals tour, amazing but minus Roger Waters. Did get to see Roger Waters last summer perform DSOTM and it was great. Favorite song of the night though was Comfortably Numb, it gave me chills.
Best overall would be Stereophonics, amazing band.
Other greats, Sting, David Bowie in the 70's (who said they had age over a lot here)
Wish list is long.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join