What's you're favorite live concert ?
Means you were there
add more or add you're wish live concert
well i start LOL

the best :

Robbie Williams
Santana
Eric Clapton

wish: Pink Floyd. Last tour they did i was offered to go with someone. i said no :-) . Ref. to music this is the worst regret of my life

[edit on 24-8-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Reel Big Fish!!! They put on the best live show EVER!! My favorite concert of theirs was when they played at The Alley in Fullerton, a very small venue, and filmed it for their DVD that was released with their album a few months later.

IMHO, RBF shows are the best!

Jemison

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
In Flames
Weird Al
Michael Buble'

yes I like a wide range of music

Wish I could see:

The Doors.... too late for this one
Pink Floyd
Depeche Mode

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I spent 100beans to take my lady to NIN and hated it.

I like this...

[edit on 24-8-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There are a few that are memorable to me.

Eric Clapton at Madison Square Garden . i was in the 6th row and caught his guitar pick at the end of the night. Matchbox 20 i had front row seats. Some STUPID woman got moved up there by a bouncer and was sticking a plastic flower in my face trying to get Rob Thomas to notice her. I must've had quite the expression on my face as when i looked up Adam ( he has since left the band) was strumming right at the 2 of us to kind of break up the battle of the elbows.
Fleetwood Mac , Sting, the Eagles The Eagles always put on a GREAT live show. Their harmonies are incredible.

Way back in the day i saw Depeche Mode. They were great. Mid concert the guy i was dating asked if he could get on my shoulders so he could see better. That was our last date.

The Dead. Not so much for the music.. but the ppl are loads of fun to watch.

Any show where you get to see the band perform live is a great experience in my book.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The best live concert I have ever been to was the Pink Floyd Pulse tour.

The worst part was it was in 94' and I was in high school, and at the time I had no idea what greatness I was witnessing. I almost didnt go..lol.

It was brilliant

My favorite live band to see in a smaller venue ... by far it would be Social Distortion...those guys just plain rock

[edit on 8/24/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
KISS of course...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Don't laugh, but by far Meatloaf was the best live concert I've ever seen. Hell, I was exhausted just by watching it. Incredible!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I went to Vegas a couple years ago, and while tooling around the Mandalay Bay i happened across the House of Blues and do you know who was playing? Two of my favorite bands Killswitch Engage and Slayer. To make it even better it was only 30 bucks to get in, hell of a show. If you've never seen Slayer live you are missing out.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i wnet to arkansa to set up a concert for billy joel and elton john in razorback stadium, it was as far as sound and setup the best concert i've ever heard or seen. their cds don't even come close.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Went to see Daft Punk in Seattle last year during the alive 2007 tour, for me that was probably the best concert ever.
Then I would have to say NIN, which I saw a couple weeks ago.
Though the truth is I have only been to maybe one or two concerts I didnt like.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Been to so many concerts it's very hard to single one out but would have to say The Levellers.
Have seen them nine times now, never fail to put on an absolutely outstanding set.
Still maintained their integrity after all these years.

One Way - Glastonbury 1994

The largest audience any band has ever played to at Glastonbury.

What You Know - April 2007

Saw them at Middlesborough Town Hall.

Worst band; got to say Green Day.
Saw them in Newcastle on American Idiot tour.
They were quite good until asked the audience to get lighters out and they sang "We Are The Champions".
Continued to go downhill from then on.
Worst of it was I got refused at a bar afterwards becuase I was too old!!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I was lucky enough to go alone to Michael Jackson's HIStory World Tour concert. That was purely amazing, no matter what people say about his personal life etc, there is NO doubt he is an amazing showman.

It was amazing the whole way through with the finale song having a tank crashing through the back of the stage.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

1994 Pink Floyd The Division Bell tour. THAT ROCKED

1996 REM Red Rocks Ampathiatre in Denver. (if I could remember it I bet it was good)

[edit on 8/25/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

ahhhh so many.....cant choose just one so a few of the best:
Prince, U2, Michael Jackson, INXS, P.J Harvey, N.W.A, Cat Power

wish list....would have LOVED to have seen the following in concert: Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Jimi Hendrix, Joni Mitchel, The Doors, Led Zeplin

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I saw my favourite band of all time, The Sex Pistols at Phoenix Festival in 1996.
To coin a comment off Lydon, there not bad are they!
Great band, helped change society, not just music.
Alas, so many people still simply 'don't get it'.

Bodies / Pretty Vacant

No Feelings

New York

Just wish I'd seen them in '76, but was only a kid at the time.
A reminder of them in their heyday.

Anarchy In The UK

Whatever happened to Jordan?
(Apparently she is a veteniary nurse working on the south coast?)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Heh. Great to see so much love for Pink Floyd's "Division Bell" tour. I caught that, as well as their 1987 "Momentary Lapse of Reason" tour. Both memorable shows. (Didn't catch Roger Waters in concert until this past summer...)

MOST memorable concert for me was Stevie Ray Vaughan opening for Joe Cocker. Great double-bill and I had 17th row seats. SRV really connected with the audience. It was about a year before he died, IIRC, so he was clean & sober and putting on an amazing performance.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The best live show I've been to was when i saw Seether in 2003. The band had great energy and played an awesome set. It may have just been me, but Shaun (sp?) Morgan sounded just like Kurt Kobain. A close second too them would have to be the Foo Fighters. I saw them a few years ago at Memphis in May. The weather sucked (cold, windy, and raining cats and dogs) but they put on a great show. They even added a few extra songs to the end of their sets because a lot of the other bands cancelled or cut their shows short due to the weather.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fishneedh2o

I'd love to see Weird Al. He zany enough that he'd seem to be funny in concert!

Some reason I have always remembered Night Ranger. The guitarist was pretty good. I'm not sure if anyone even knows of that bad, so I'll say The Who Reuinon concert. I remember when they were signing "Who are you, who, who?" A blimp had the words colaborated and timed to them signing.

Ok, plus I was with this real cool chick that made the concert even better!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
reply to post by fishneedh2o

I'd love to see Weird Al. He zany enough that he'd seem to be funny in concert!
Al puts on a good show. He does so many costume changes though, you end up waiting a lot between songs. Usually he'll show video clips from AlTV or other stuff, but it does throw off the pacing...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join