It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. warship docks in Black Sea port with Georgia aid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
OR, in the case of DDG-74, I believe that the ESSM system can handle a few incoming super-sonic, sea skimming missiles if ti is not overwhelmed by 8 simultaneous incoming threats.

www.raytheon.com...

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Pootie]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dracodie

America had to enter the war anyway , bevause if the nazis had conquered europe , they would become even stronger , and then USA would probably be their next target , so pretty much America had to enter the ww2 anyway.

Actually the US declared war on japan, not Germany, it was because of the pact japan and Germany had, that Hitler declared war on the US after the US declared war on japan, i wonder what would of happened if Hitler had chosen not to at that time.

Many in the US did not want to get invovled in the European war.

However all that changed on December 7 1941. The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor came as a complete surprise to Berlin as it was to other Allied capitals. Although not technically required for the Axis alliance, four days later Germany and Italy declared war on the United States.

Source.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Westcoast, Its funny that your in denial believing that your country can do anything it likes when it cannot. And as usual the best you can come up with every time is calling people names, that just shows how weak YOU really are.

The US in Goergia has tried to get one over on Russia and does not give a toss for the Georgian people or any one else including its own citizens. Russia's rapid response to the situation has caught the US napping thinking that the Russian bear has no teeth. There may be many reasons why US/Israeli advisors were in Georgia but it was certainly not for the benefit of the people.

Now that it has had its hand forced the US Government sends Warships to carry aid to Geogia, no it has got nothing to do with aid but its got alot to do with US Imperial ambitions.

But dont worry when your country is flat broke and you havent got a pot to piss in I will send you some food parcels becuase I'm generous like that.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
the US war ships made port at Batami the most southern port in Georgia & very close to the Turkish (an ally) border...

i wonder if they (the projection-of-power warships) are there to provide cover for the 1000 US Marine advisors or the 2000 Israeli advisors & urban fighting instructors that have been in '?peaceful?' Georgia for awhile.

in Iraq it is thought the invasion was for oil...
in Georgia will the Caspian basin oil & pipeline be the real target ??

an eye-ball to eye-ball with Russia was probably (or else definitely) woven into the confrontation models...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by XIDIXIDIX

Dont Worry Great Britian will be overrun by the Indian's anyway and the Brits will lose their country due to immigration and new British (not immigrants) births to mortality rates, keep fornicating and not having babies - ... haha enjoy GB while you can...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pootie
OR, in the case of DDG-74, I believe that the ESSM system can handle a few incoming super-sonic, sea skimming missiles if ti is not overwhelmed by 8 simultaneous incoming threats.

www.raytheon.com...

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Pootie]

it is designed to handle Sunburn supersonic sea skimmers , not Alfa or Yakhonts

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The entrance of an armed U.S. warship into the Black Sea is the start of what I believe will be a wider, more consistent presence in the area. I've expressed wonder in other threads about how U.S. warships could enter the Black Sea as they have been shown doing in so many computer games.

I feel as though as this situation continues to deteriorate, the U.S. will begin sending carrier strike groups into the Black Sea. I'm also very concerned about the safety of U.S. sailors and Marines as they have to operate just miles from Russian troops.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by metro

I can't believe that you are totally over looking the fact that BOTH SIDES, signed a cease fire, and are both required to STOP FIGHTING immediately. meaning, you can't continue to sit there HUNDREDS of miles inside of a sovereign nations borders, attacking their fuel shipments, and blockading their citizens on the highways.

did Georgia start it? most definately, and they got what the deserved a bloody nose from Russia, but what is not called for is an extended occupation of a severeign nation by russia. make this out to anyone's fault you want, but to defend the russian actions here, is plain naevity.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

firstly Black Sea is littoral waters , and using SSN's in littoral water against russian kilo SSK's would be tantamount to suicide....

secondly russians also will launch cruise missile attacks on american/NATO military facilities,logisitics centers , ports,fuel depots,communication centers etc... crippling logisitics of USA/NATO

in the artic,altantic,pacific ocean,the US SSN will have enorous advantage, but in the Barents sea , US SSN will suffer enoromous losses ,thanks to russian SSK's and SSN.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

my apologies for going overboard , i despise US genocides , imperialism,meddling and hypocrsiy

[edit on 24-8-2008 by manson_322]

So you hate only US genocides, imperilaism, meddling, and hypocrisy?
Or do you hate those qualities from any nation?

Russian aint no saint manson.
The Hungarians tried to shake them off 1956 and no one helped - so Hungary suffered under their tyranny. You want to hear true stories of actual Hungarians and what happened to them and their families? Its not pretty Manson.

I feel that nationalism and the us vs. them is getting the better of some people.
Wrapping up and creating a nice egoic identity, which only leads to one thing...suffering.

Might be this is what your in to.

The fact is countries did not want to be part of the U.S.S.R. (or under their influence as the case with Eastern European countries.)
Hungary is happy to be out from it - Poland seems to be happy - I know the Czechs are thrilled about it. (Of course they were not in the U.S.S.R., but had the U.S.S.R. oppress them and put their communist stooges here.)

If anything, I would not be surprised if the guys at the top are just stirring things up to create more drama...it definitely has no purpose in this day and age. Its time we move past the kindergarten level and move to a type 1 civilization.

This bickering about whose nation is better, and who is right - well it doesnt help...it does one thing - create war.

Russia should just go home, as well as everyone else.
Let Georgia alone, etc.

Their are definitely things going on in higher levels politically that we truly do not understand - but as a people we cannot stand divided.
India vs. whoever, etc. is just silly.

What is it that binds us together as humanity?
Find that. We dont have to wait on our world leaders to get their heads out their butts.
Its up to us in how we react to each other.

Like Ben Hur said, "I see no enemy here".

Peace

dAlen

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

This is just the kind of backwards, non-educated, retarded statement that we DON'T need.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

its what I have come to expect from Manson...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

America had to enter the war anyway , bevause if the nazis had conquered europe , they would become even stronger , and then USA would probably be their next target , so pretty much America had to enter the ww2 anyway.

Actually the US declared war on japan, not Germany, it was because of the pact japan and Germany had, that Hitler declared war on the US after the US declared war on japan, i wonder what would of happened if Hitler had chosen not to at that time.

Many in the US did not want to get invovled in the European war.

However all that changed on December 7 1941. The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor came as a complete surprise to Berlin as it was to other Allied capitals. Although not technically required for the Axis alliance, four days later Germany and Italy declared war on the United States.

Source.

We were going to enter that war regardless. The fact is Pearl Harbor was provoked and then allowed to drum up support to enter both wars. You are right the people didnt want to be involved but the powers that be knew that it was a great money making opportunity and wanted a piece of the pie.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

nope , no pipe dream , with imperialist USA encircling Russia , Russia will definitely station weapons in Cuba and Venezuala

Hilarious. Cuba and Venezuela neither are that naive to try something of that nature, since they would be obliterated from the planet in less than 15 minutes if they attempted such a ridiculous idea.
And Russia isn't that stupid either....
The United States will remain the most powerful country in the world, whether the naysayers like it or not. end of discussion.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

firstly Black Sea is littoral waters , and using SSN's in littoral water against russian kilo SSK's would be tantamount to suicide....

secondly russians also will launch cruise missile attacks on american/NATO military facilities,logisitics centers , ports,fuel depots,communication centers etc... crippling logisitics of USA/NATO

This you know because you and the Kremlin are attached at the hip and you and putin talked about it at your last power lunch?

in the artic,altantic,pacific ocean,the US SSN will have enorous advantage, but in the Barents sea , US SSN will suffer enoromous losses ,thanks to russian SSK's and SSN.

You saw this in a Vision? or this is what your crystal ball shows you?

Guess what Manson,, you're wrong says MY crystal Ball

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Russia isn't that stupid enough to do what? Put a missile 'defence' shield right at the border of America? Yeah, you're right - that is ridiculous. Who would do such a thing?

...Oh, wait.

The United States will remain the most powerful country in the world, whether the naysayers like it or not. end of discussion.

I'm an admirer of the United States and its people - but every major power in world history has probably stated the exact same thing.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by chips]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purgatory

nope , no pipe dream , with imperialist USA encircling Russia , Russia will definitely station weapons in Cuba and Venezuala

Hilarious. Cuba and Venezuela neither are that naive to try something of that nature, since they would be obliterated from the planet in less than 15 minutes if they attempted such a ridiculous idea.

and if russian supplied bioweapon(smallpox,superplague) tech and missiles are stationed in Cuba and Venezuala , they would ensure that US populace will dead in less than 72 hours .....

Bioweapons are extremely cost efficient and much more lethal than nukes , and will ensure that USA ceases to exist , thus capable of ensuring MAD vis a vas USA

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Even if pearl harbor had not happen , Usa would manufacture a cause and effect to attack japan they would not want Japan to eventually become a military superpower.

And even if Usa would not entered the ww2 , it would not only be europeans that would be talking german , americans too.
This is just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

This you know because you and the Kremlin are attached at the hip and you and putin talked about it at your last power lunch?

You saw this in a Vision? or this is what your crystal ball shows you?

Guess what Manson,, you're wrong says MY crystal Ball

the statement made is on the basis of soviet admiral Sergei Gorshkov 's conclusions about soviet navy in 1985 , acording to him the zones in which soviet navy would have defeated USA and NATO navy would be Artic Ocean,Barents Sea and the Black sea vis a vis Turkey and Greece

while the zones in which soviet navy would lose would be the Atlantic and the Pacific in submarine warfare

reference :
The Price of Admiralty
By British historian John Keegan

[edit on 25-8-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Denied

Even if pearl harbor had not happen , Usa would manufacture a cause and effect to attack japan they would not want Japan to eventually become a military superpower.

And even if Usa would not entered the ww2 , it would not only be europeans that would be talking german , americans too.
This is just my opinion.

And even if Usa would not entered the ww2 , it would not only be europeans that would be talking german , americans too. This is just my opinion.

rather Europeans would have been speaking Russian..

acc. to Hitler's Nemesis" by Walter S. Dunn Jr, . OVERWHELMING amount of supply, reached Soviets only after battle of Stalingrad. Even WITHOUT ANY LENDLEASE Soviet industry out produced Germans by HUGE margin. Book stated that Soviets could win the Germans WITHOUT any help from outside, and second front.
David Glantz ("When Titans Clashed,") seems to feel that lend-lease was not the linchpin to eventual Soviet success. It wasn't Lend-Lease that undertook the massive (and, frequently, nasty) effort to move entire plants east to keep wartime production going. Nor did it equip the Siberian divisions that turned the tide at the defense of Moscow.

the germans lost the war in september 1941, when hitler had turned his panzers to kiev to encircle the 600 000 soviet soldiers. thus he failed to reach moscow which, if taken would have been a far heavier blow to the USSR than loosing 600 000 men which were replaced by the early 1942.
the battle for moscow in december 1941 had spelled the doom for the german army. these siberian reinforcements were solely russian-made. thus the soviets had already won the war in 1941 potentially

in may 1942 the russians were already outproducing the germans, and would outproduce them untill the russians had reached berlin. by 1944 half of the USSR trucks were US-built, which isnt such a high or decisive factor. th german short-lived success of Fall Blau turned into a disaster, after Stalingrad.

yeah the allied bombing did tie down the 2 million germans(most were kids, old men, or wounded soldiers, the rest, the best german soldiers were on the eastern front, in normandy 1/6 wehrmacht soldiers were "ostruppen"), but that was when? at the end of 1943 when the strategic bombing campaign was picking up the pace did the germans place 50 000 (throughout the whole war of course) AA batteries and hundred of thousands of germans to man them in addition to the increased production output. by the end of 1943 may i remind u the germans had clearly lost the initiative in the east, so there goes the strategic bombing factor. even if the germans werent hampered by the strategic bombing they were still being outproduced by the USSR. remeber what JFK said "economy decides wars"

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join