It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Could Be My Last Night on Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I just wasted an hour of my life researching "Tonight will be my last night on earth" and all of the related links. I am starting to wonder though, what if he is for real? Every bit of common sense I have tells me that it's all BS, but for the sake of insane curiosity I am going to entertain the idea for a couple of days. If this guy really is speeding through space towards his new home then I want to get a grip on that! I believe that this is how you do it:

Dear alien species,
I am writing this thread to inform you that I am ready to discover new and fascinating things. I am giving you permission to abduct me from my home on August 24th at 9:00pm eastern time. I will be waiting for you in my back yard and will not resist your attempts to take me away. I understand the risk I will be taking and I assume full responsibilities for anything that may happen to me while in your care. I am asking that you please return me back to my home at a later date so that I can share with ATS all of the events that I will have witnessed. My location is: 42"16'00.57"N - 84"57'20.23"W
Thank you,
Seth

Now I believe that this letter is just as sincere and believable as any other thread on ATS that is attempting contact with alien life; the only difference is that I promise to be truthful about what I discover. If I am swept away at 9 pm then we will have some great things to discuss when I return. If I return to ATS at 9:05 tomorrow night then I think my experiment will have revealed some kind of truth. I will sincerely be meditating tomorrow afternoon and will honestly try to make telepathic contact. I am making a real attempt to contact aliens here and if I fail I hope we can all conclude that aliens are not giving saucer joy rides! I will do this for the future sanity of ATS and science. If I return here tomorrow night without a grand tale of adventure, than can we please stop posting improbable and unprovable stories alien contact? This Could Be My Last Night on Earth.....

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Setharoo]

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Setharoo]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You wanted the aliens to abduct you on september 24th and how can you say that the truth will be known if you return tomorrow, and anyway you want to be kidnapped by aliens, live your life here on earth, you have only one life here on earth and you cant enjoy the trees, scenery and the beautiful earth on another planet with other aliens.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Well, I don't know what credibility I will have if I can't even get the date right! Good God I need more coffee. Thank you for pointing out the obvious typo. The abduction date is AUGUST 24th.

Yes, I am asking to be kidnapped, but my skeptical mind is not too worried. I hope I am frightfully proven wrong; it would be a great story for the grand kids!

sty

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
so do you expect Aliens to be online? what if their technology is so advanced , that Internet for them is as primitive as monkey language for us?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You edited it, first it was september, the thred has been edited two times.

Am I correct.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by peacejet]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
so do you expect Aliens to be online? what if their technology is so advanced , that Internet for them is as primitive as monkey language for us?

I have no idea if the aliens have access to our internet. Some people believe that aliens are among us already in humanoid form and maybe they are already monitoring ATS. Some people believe that the telepathic connection is strong enough that we can speak to them mentally if we meditate; I will try to meditate tomorrow afternoon for the sake of curiosity.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Setharoo

Yes, I am asking to be kidnapped, but my skeptical mind is not too worried. I hope I am frightfully proven wrong; it would be a great story for the grand kids!

A story for the grand kids how is that possible if you are taken away by aliens to another planet.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Yes Peacejet. I did make a mistake and put the wrong month. I appreciate that you pointed that out to me. I don't want to confuse the aliens that are surfing the net.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Fine, but are you really sure you want to be abducted because, see the trauma faced by the abducteed all over the world

link   

I am kind of hoping that they will understand that I am a scientific explorer and eventually return me home. Did you see the movie "Fire in The Sky"? They sometimes bring people back, at least I hope.

sty

link   
reply to post by Setharoo

my personal opinion - if alliens would have the technology to travel outside their sollar system , it is possible their intelligence is far greater than ours. I guess a dog with telepatic powers would still not make a decent communication with us. So my guess - they would not come even if they exist and have the technology to travel...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Setharoo

Okay whatever you say, its your wish.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Here is a quote from one of my previous threads "Finger in the sky" a few weeks back. Explains what I think of abduction trauma:

"Well, I can see that my experience/dream is not a highly common phenomenon. My thinking was that ATS would be the place to talk with people who have an interest in these subjects and therefore would be the most likely place to find someone who has had the same experience. The thread has been viewed by over 500 people and no one has yet shared my experience. Considering the targeted audience I think I can conclude that my experience is not common.

The whole story is probably not that interesting to anyone other than myself. When I was young I started have re-occurring dreams that started with a long object that would come out of the sky. When the object was close I could not move or speak. I one night woke up in the basement and two "men" were checking my entire body like they were looking for something. I was terrified of course, but I only remembered it like it was a bad dream. I was a sleepwalker when I was a young and would wake up scared and confused in different parts of the house. The worst night I remember I woke up next to a telephone pole outside my home crouched down with the feeling I had to hide from something. The "paralyzing ring" is a reference to the ringing sound that I would hear just before the "finger" showed up out of the clouds. When I would hear this ringing I would know that the finger is near by and I am about to be paralyzed.

There is probably a logical explanation for all of these events which does not involve UFOs and aliens. Someone once suggested I was molested as a child and all of my memories are the result of repressed memories. I don't deny that this could be possible, but I honestly can not remember a single detail that would lead me to believe this. I suppose that it is easier to believe in an alien abduction rather than accept that some creepy man touched my naughty places when I was little. If anyone has any more input I would welcome the conversation."

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
I guess a dog with telepatic powers would still not make a decent communication with us. So my guess - they would not come even if they exist and have the technology to travel...

My point exactly! If they do not show after I make a realistic attempt at contact, then we can conclude that they are NOT visiting other members of ATS. I am sick of the hoaxes the infect the ATS website. This is supposed to be a place to discover the truth.

sty

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I finally understand what you mean
lol . See you tomorrow and the day after and so on !

[edit on 23-8-2008 by sty]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i want to abduct an alien,lay it on a table under blinding light and "probe" the living hell out of it,see how they like it for a change.

and they probably will.

any alienettes up for the challenge?,or do you just like to give it and not recieve.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Almost 15 min past 9 and no visitors......

I guess they did not get my request.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Setharoo
Almost 15 min past 9 and no visitors......

I guess they did not get my request.

Way To Go Setharoo! You've done amazing things to advance the image of UFOlogy around the world and dispel the in-grained stereotypes. I'm sure everyone is going to take us seriously now. It's threads like this that make me curse anonymity.

IRM

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Infaredman, your logic is juvenile and your comments are immature. If you would take the time to read the entire thread you would see that I am making a statement AGAINST the UFO crackpots that are posting letters to aliens and claiming that they are getting responses. If the aliens were actually monitoring ATS than I would have got a response, but since there was NO RESPONSE we can probably conclude that these simple minded children are just using this site for adolescent entertainment. This site is a great resource and if used properly we all might discover some truth about our place in this universe.

If you disagree with a topic of mine feel free to give your opinions, but try and read the entire thread.

It's threads like this that make me curse anonymity.
IRM

[snip[]

Mod Edit - removed personal info.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by elevatedone]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join