Obama's anti christian speech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

I don't think that is as anti-christian as you may think.

He's making a valid observation. America is 80% christian. However that shouldn't play a factor in domestic and foriegn policy.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
i stopped watching that video 2minutes in because..

1. the video editor labels his own opinions over what is being said, not allowing the viewer time to form their own opinion. Not to mention, dragging attention away from what is being said when the text is being displayed (it's hard to read and listen at exactly the same time.. espiecally for men!)

2. The video is edited as parts from a whole speech. i.e. the editor has clipped together bits of a speech that favour his opinion. forget listening carefully, watch carefully. there what we windows movie maker pros called wipes

3. the editor frequently picks out words to support his opinion. Such as the point where obama seems to be questioning. a universities logic of what it requires. Obama says something like..

"..the university require arguement, favoured over religion and other reasonable.. *EDIT CUTS IN* "SO RELIGION ISN'T REASONABLE?!"

Very very poor effort at propoganda. So bad in fact, I switched it off 2 minutes in. Extremely poor effort man..

Bigmoose

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
WHO CARES. don't like it don't vote.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

This video is garbage!!!
And Obama's speech rings true for me.

I am not a believer and I am a tax paying AMERICAN... You cannot force your beliefs on me anymore then I could strip your beliefs from you.

And so answer his question any of you. Who's version of christianity would we use here?

Would we ban science or unchristian science?

What if my kid or your kid did not want to prey before lunch?

Who would determine what passages are AMERICAN and which are UNAMERICAN???

For those who consider letting Christianity create our laws I wonder who would
???????????? the message?

Land of the free??? I thought so...

I think all christians need to remember that, ones relationship with god belongs to that person. I cannot effect your ability to get into heaven and you cannot save me from hell. You cannot GIVE me faith, it does not work that way.

So again who will chose the passages? who will ? If you remember the inquisition then you might "see" the problem.

Anyhow you can prey and worship to your hearts content. You can gather and sing spread love, the message and the word. Build communities and churches...

But the day that you push it on me, or strip other peoples freedom of faith from them.
Well thats the day you will have to kill me, after dodging plenty of my bullets!

Otherwise I will defend your rights to worship and believe with those same bullets!

[edit on 24-8-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Clinton quoted scripture. (A lot!)
Bush 1 did, too.
Bush 2 said G-d told him to go to war.
Obama says he's a Christian..... then goes on to disparage both Christians' and Jews' religion.
Not to mention his drugs, 'alledged' gayness and murder ties,
CFR, AIPAC etc....

but, yeah! Maybe we should just tie our hopes to a camouflaged neocon, (obama) and NOT write in Ron Paul....
No! I'm writing in Mr. Paul!
DailyPaul.com

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Clinton quoted scripture. (A lot!)
Bush 1 did, too.
Bush 2 said G-d told him to go to war.
Obama says he's a Christian..... then goes on to disparage both Christians' and Jews' religion.
Not to mention his drugs, 'alledged' gayness and murder ties,
CFR, AIPAC etc....

but, yeah! Maybe we should just tie our hopes to a camouflaged neocon, (obama) and NOT write in Ron Paul....
No! I'm writing in Mr. Paul!

So wait, how did Obama disparage Christians and Jews???

Second how could he be a NEOCON if he does not like JEWS?

Third,,, SO Obama is secretly a Muslim extremist who is secretly secretly a ZIONIST neocon???

Next thing you know - Obama is actually a transvestite hooker named Twan who belongs to the Zeta cult which is actually a Hindu extremist front for the CIA...
and the Obama is secretly gay is the best yet!!!

Maybe he repented while he was a CHURCH this morning with his family???

Oh yes... exdrug users and homos cannot be christians...
:

stop selling your garlic!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I just posted this video in another thread last night instead of starting a new thread. Don't worry, OP. I don't think the people who are jumping your case are interested in the truth as much as they are in defending their biases. If Obama had said the same thing about atheism, they would have been jumping his case.

Anyways, question one: Why is a presidential candidate sticking his nose into religion? If I had never heard of Obama before or knew he was a presidential candidate, it would have been fair to assume that was a video of a unitarian preacher.

Question two: Why is a presidential candidate criticizing his own (supposedly) religion and ridiculing the Bible which is his own (supposedly) sacred text?

Question three: Why were most of his criticisms taken from the Old Testament? That was more of a massive slam against Judaism in my opinion than it was Christianity due to the fact we believe the OT is the old covenant while we are under the new covenant of the NT. But then he says we also need to realize the country consists of Jews. Way to go, Obama. You just totally displayed ignorance. The Christian Old Testament is essentially the Jewish Tanakh with a few differences.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i have seen some dodgey smear videos about obama, That takes the Biscuit.

How could you miss the point of his speech that much?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukewiththecomputer
How could you miss the point of his speech that much?

Please explain: What did you personally feel was the point of his speech? Also please explain (if you wish) in your own opinion why a presidential candidate should be concerned with issues of religion? Not setting you up for anything. It's an honest question and an answer I'd like to hear from your view. Thanks.

Edited for clarification: I'm not referring to the separation of church and state issue (which is understandably something a politician would be concerned with). I'm referring to his criticism of a specific religion(s)... oddly enough which is his own claimed religion. But that is neither here nor there at the moment. I'd like to know why a politician feels the need to stick his nose in a particular religion's texts. Especially a politician who displays his own ignorance of said religions in his speech by missing an obvious fact I pointed out above.

[edit on 8/24/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Christians supported Bush in both of his last elections. Now Bush has the lowest approval rating in the history of all Presidents.

At this time, polls indicate that Christians overwhelmingly support McCain. Bush has endorsed McCain....see a pattern here. McCain is a warmonger like Bush.

Obama is much more intelligent than Bush or McCain and he deserves a chance at the Presidency.

So far, many Christians have shown intolerance for Obama.

We have far too many serious problems in this country, all of them caused by Bush's administration which showed a history of not caring about human beings.

The time has come for everyone to get serious about getting our country back on track and we need to stand up to the criminals in our government and being them down.

If we don't, there won't be any freedom for any of us, Christian or non-Christian.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I am a bit lost here.

What is a christian by the way. If you know what the word christian means. Have many can realy call them self real christians.

Is not a christian a person who walkes in Gods footsteps. Or is it just a person who is borne and bapthiesd that is a christian. But if so what value dose it have then. What value dose i have for God ?

And what dose politics have to do with religion they dont support each other. Politics is a system for human needs only. Where dose politics come in the picture when it comes to God. God dont realy fitt into ouer politics dose he.

No wonder many people think that Osama binladen is the Antichrist because they have no klue about religion or people.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
hear's the point i think.

separate church and state...no religion...not even the ten commandments ect...

yet our money says "IN GOD WE TRUST"
pledge of allegiance...says "ONE NATION UNDER GOD"

and a yet politician..can woe vote's from people based on bible talk..good or bad.

if you can see my point.
he is using religion...to get vote's

which should be not allowed.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I watched that video, and as a Christian, I must say that in my own opinion, I can see truth AND lies in the video.
NOW: Christians, don't go on calling my a non-Christian just because I said that, not yet please, hear me out.

Barrack Obama has a valid point when it comes to accepting other minorities for what they believe or don't believe in because like God gave us the choice of free will, we should give it to others as well.
HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try. We need to spread the gospel of God, but if people reject it, all we can do is pray.
That's basically the only thing I agreed with Obama on is how we should all be given equal opportunity. If Canada was a Muslim country, I wouldn't want them pushing their laws and ideologies on me. The bible says that we should do unto others as we wish they to do unto us. I would be okay of a Muslim came up to me and talked to me about Islam, trying to get me to believe, because it would not only be an interesting conversation, but I am firm in my belief in Christ, I have respect that we are different, and it would also give me a chance to share about my relationship with Christ. However, if a Muslim began shoving Islam down my throat after telling him "no" then that would piss me off.

It should be the same way with Christians. We should tell people about the gospel, and they refuse, tell us to go, then we need to go, and let God do the rest. Jesus said when he was dismissing his Disciples that if a town rejects what you have to say, shake the dust off your sandals and move on to the next.

But as an avid supporter of Democracy, that raises the question as to if 80% of American's are Christian, that would mean the majority would be Christian. And in a democracy, doesn't the majority always win? So, if 80% of Americans want it to say "in God we trust" on their monies, and prayer in schools, and oaths on a Bible, then shouldn't that be the way it should be? Most votes wins. That's the way it should be.

Majority is always right

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It doesn't change anything for me, I already knew the guy was false in every way. He would like very much turn America into whorehouse; Its just what he's all about; its his mission. Videos of him giving his uninformed opinion concerning religion and America or anything except what he was trained for in school is irrelevant. His choices of people to associate with, such as Biden; the man who shares Iraq policy with Al Qaeda (and yes it is exactly the same), reveal the man to be in fact a tool of everything that goes bump in the darkness.

At this point though Obama is irrelevant, he's already lost the election, if he knew anything about what the Bible is really talking about he'd know this by now. And for all you so-called experts on these matters who actually think anything you think matters, I would love to provide for you the facts concerning the utter failure of the Democratic effort this year.

I would pay top dollar to see the looks on your faces come November 5.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Obama is the man who should run your country.

Unlike Bush, who seemed disturbingly attached to his faith, Obama is saying that religion should not be one of the deciding factors in government.
A democracy should work for the people, with decisions and policies devised by the elected officials, without the leader's religious beliefs interceding.

I'm not denouncing faith of any sort (everyone is entitled to their own beliefs), but the business of running a country, and one's own beliefs should be mutually exclusive. Bush angered SO many people when he made his comments about God approving of his actions regarding Iraq. He turned what was merely an illegal, immoral invasion of a country into what could have escalated into a full blown religious war!

Now, more than ever, world governments must make their decisions without any sort of religious intervention. Suppose a Catholic takes a position of power in a country, and because his faith forbids it, homosexuals could potentially be facing the same situation they faced decades ago, being shunned, suffering hate crimes etc etc.

In that video I don't see a man denouncing Christians, I see a man saying "Government is government, and faith is faith. They can't sleep in the same bed together because each will influence the other!" (not literally obviously!)

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JackofBlades

Hahahaha, Bush was no Christian!! he lied to get the Christian vote, shortly after elected he stated that Jesus wasn't the only way to heaven, that's utter heresy to the Christian faith.

Bush is a LIAR, not a Christian.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This is not an anti-christian speech. It is an anti-sectarian speech.

There's a big difference and I would challenge the OP to go out and learn what that difference is, because this speech is a pro-First Amendment speech.

So much for wanting to claim he wants to establish Sharia...huh?

[edit on 8-24-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I almost started to like Obama for a second after seeing that.... /reminds self of all the scumbaggery and goes back to disliking him.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Edited for clarification: I'm not referring to the separation of church and state issue (which is obviously something a politician should be concerned with). I'm referring to his criticism of a specific religion(s)... oddly enough which is his own claimed religion. But that is neither here nor there at the moment. I'd like to know why a politician feels the need to stick his nose in a particular religion's texts. Especially a politician who displays his own ignorance of said religions in his speech by missing an obvious fact I pointed out above.

He wasn't criticizing a specific religion. He was pointing out how absurd it would be to run the country based on a set of outdated laws from ANY religion. He was only using his own religion as an example. I can't understand why so many people seem to be getting up in arms about this. I agree with him completely. He's running for President, not Pope.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wintermute

So, you think that the Ten Commandments are 'outdated'?
How, so?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join