It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's anti christian speech

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Listen carefully:

www.youtube.com...

How do you guys feel about this?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
He is the nastiest little piece of c### thats ever walked the earth.

He is a chameleon of the worst kind. Worse than Tony B'Liar, and he was aweful.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

Get a grip man....

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I have never heard this before, I love it goes along with another post I just made. Big religion is the true big brother, it controls its believers. I do not hear anti christian I hear the thought of pro everything else. Let’s not allow christianity to rule every decision we make.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
He mocked the bible by repeating passages from it? When was he wrong about anything he said? I'll tell you-- never. There is nothing wrong with proposing the separation of government and religion. It is, after all, one of our fundamental rights. One that usually goes ignored by christians. There is nothing wrong with bringing up certain parts of the bible that are too archaic to be useful in modern society, and the parts that are too outlandish to be taken as historical accuracy.

I agree with the point he was trying to make: we are a nation of different beliefs, and that is ok.

To me, you all sound scared and hateful....but mostly scared.

edited because someone forgot to proofread, AGAIN. *sigh*

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Alora]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Who cares if he is anti Christian or not? We are supposed to be a nation of religious freedom and anyways the last time I checked religion and government were supposed to be kept separate, so why do we keep hearing about it so much in this race? Not everyone is a Christian.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It proves one thing. The editor of that video is a moron. Note how he trusts no one to listen and form their own opinion. He's got to force his own misinterpretation all throughout the video to make sure the lesser morons get it "right".

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Is that just a general hatred of Obama, regardless of what's being said, or was that statement rooted in your Christian beliefs?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
He mocked the bible by repeating passages from it? When was he wrong about anything he said? I'll tell you-- never. There is nothing wrong with proposing the separation of government and religion. It is, after all, one of our fundamental rights. One that usually goes ignored by christians. There is nothing wrong with bringing up certain parts of the bible that are too archaic to be useful in modern society, and the parts that are too outlandish to be taken as historical accuracy.

I agree with the point he was trying to make: we are a nation of different beliefs, and that is ok.

You heard him 'repeat passages from it'? He absolutely did not, that's a lie.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Oh I know, he makes Hitler, Stalin and Mao look like little adorable angels.

Jesus must be spinning in his grave.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

You are right-- "repeat" was the wrong word. "Brought up" might be better. But my point still stands.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

Where is the speech anti-Christian? He makes a point of which Christianity is to be taught. Should it be Catholicism since it is the largest denomination?
I am a Pagan, so I guess I don't belong in Christian America. We are NOT a Christian nation.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

You are right-- "repeat" was the wrong word. "Brought up" might be better. But my point still stands.

You didn't make a "point". You consider Obama's out-of-context views on the scripture as equal or even superceeding what the book actually says. You give merit to his (Obama's) straw man arguments.

Obama used the Bible out of context to make his position more palatable. Then you give credit where condemnation is due. That's not making a "point". That's actually furthering the stereotype that Obama is a Christian.

Satan quoted scripture too when he was tempting Jesus, just because someone quotes scripture doesn't mean they are doing it to glorify God.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by amitheone

Where is the speech anti-Christian? He makes a point of which Christianity is to be taught. Should it be Catholicism since it is the largest denomination?
I am a Pagan, so I guess I don't belong in Christian America. We are NOT a Christian nation.

The size of a denomination does not "ever" make it Christian. I can say the same thing about Paganism. The size of the denomination does not make it Pagan.

I will however make one thing clear ..not only by watching this video ...but by watching the body politic itself.

Politics is a religion here in this country and also in others. IT is obvious by the Zeal and Devoutness by which so many are wont to carry it out. IT takes a lot of Faith to believe in any politician. Thus marketing ..by scientific principles is used to bridge the gap in levels of Faith. Which also brings Science into the religion.

This religion is also referred in certain circles as "Humanism". Humanism is obviously that to which Obama and other politicians refer.

It is obvious to me that Obama here in this video is referring to "Humanism" under the priesthood of the body politic ...for votes to gain and remain in power.

While I believe very much in the doctrine of Separation of Church and state and that history clearly justifies this doctrine...I also know that politicians ..in selling the souls of the public for votes...will blurr the lines without many of us being aware of this tactic. It is done by appealing to our baser emotions. To put us on a feel good emotional string.

I become very wary and cautious when I see a politician blurring the lines as Obama is doing here. Not just Obama but others before him.
It is very easy among the uninformed to not be able to see how it is possible to overlay privily, one religion upon another, and have the new synthesis ...pass off as the new religion..the new paradigm...the new template. In this case it "appears" to be the new moral high ground.

I am also aware historically of the footprint of such humanistic doctrines like the prisca theologica and Hermes Trismegistus...and how they extend to today's religions and politics...the politics of logic and reason...of Humanism.

Be very careful of what passes for humanistic doctrines ...they are often in speeches attempting to pass off politics and the body politic as a new priesthood. It will be a continuation of the old religions with what "appears" to be new window dressing.

One of the telltale signs is when a candidate or political party/priesthood attempts to put you on an emotional string ...an emotional roller coaster. A string or coaster that they control..not you. The olde good cop/bad cop routine.

In our haste to justify our emotions...or someone elses transplanted emotions... it never seems to occur to most of us ...that they are both bad cops....

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 24-8-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Is that just a general hatred of Obama, regardless of what's being said, or was that statement rooted in your Christian beliefs?

Sorry, it was a general hatred of obama full stop. They guys a nasty little chameleon who will say anything, do anything and hide all the time behind the 'change mantra'.

We in the UK had a man who hid behind a cahnge mantra, and it destroyed our country.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I don't see how defending the separation of church and state is bad in any way...I want a leader who respects the first amendment, lord knows we've let Bush inject religion into the government for far too long.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

Speaking of the First Amendment, very few are aware of the part of that Amendment that states that it's patently illegal for an American to wage war while being under the influence of religion. Bushwhacker has stated more than once that he believes "God" directed him to invade Iraq. That alone, at least in a sufficiently sanity-based paradigm, is enough for impeachment and conviction. He's simply the modern version of the f-ing filthy (by definition) Crusader.

But closer to the topic, I'm no fan of either of the "choices" in the election, but Obama has the right basic idea about pluralism and the refusal of all things resembling theocracy.

EDIT TO ADD: So odd how all the documentation/evidence from the days of the founding of the US points to this nation NOT being specifically a Christian one. Here's THE CHRISTIAN NATION MYTH (again) by Farrell Till:

www.infidels.org...

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Lightworth]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.

Get a grip man....

Chameleon?
But I thought you all didnt believe in reptilians and thought Icke was a raving lunatic.

What if none of us ever get a grip....wouldnt that be funny

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think this sums it up well:

Anyway, I think what he had to say was right on the money. We're a nation of diversity.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
LOL there is nothing in that video that mocks christianity ...seriously get a grip

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join