It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I predict that 'something' will happen today!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I see these predictions being posted all the time. Has a single one of them ever been proven to come true?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I see these predictions being posted all the time. Has a single one of them ever been proven to come true?

No.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yes - I recently predicted that Sunday would be a boring waste of space - and it was !

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I can predict the weather.

If I wash my car, it will either be raining or snowing the next day.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Not sure what to to do with this thread lock it or delete it or move it.

It belongss in predictions but has no real content.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
decided to move it.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have yet to see an actual prediction that has seemed to be correct on these boards. The closest I've seen is a few John Titor predictions. Amazing enough... The thing is, everyone wants to be a psychic now of days. They take a look at their dreams and instead of analyzing them they think it's a prediction... They have a strange feeling and they think it's a prediction.

I've been told that I must have psychic abilities from a few people (due to a few incidents), but I'm never able to make it out anymore. I could when I was younger. I predicted a fire in a hotel I lived in the night before it happened. But, I don't remember how I predicted it. All I remember is telling my mother "there's going to be a fire tonight" and I was so scared out of my mind because I honestly believed there would be a fire. I wouldn't even sleep. I don't even remember sleeping to be honest, but supposedly I did and when I woke up my eyes were pure red (according to my mother) and I kept saying "we need to get out". She put me back to sleep and a few minutes later there was a knock on the door from one of the neighbors explaining that there was a fire downstairs, and that we needed to get out.

And now, I sometimes find myself talking about the final war on earth (one of religion; christianity for anyone who cares to know, I know a lot of you are athiests)... But I can't quite figure out the date or anything so I don't tell anyone about it.

So, thats why you'll never see a real post from me on these boards... But I personally think that people take dreams and weird feelings out of proportion.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

I must add, you've answered your own question. Your prediction, which is "something will happen today" can be proven to be true, by the fact that stuff did in fact happen today!

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
i regularly predict that every saturday and sunda morning i will either be hungover or scattered from chemicals... these predictions come true every weekend

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Not sure what to to do with this thread lock it or delete it or move it.

It belongss in predictions but has no real content.

I beg to differ!

Maybe you'd like to define what you specifically see as being "content".

For example, if someone makes a thread and in the body writes "I exist." and nothing else, would this constitute "content" for you?

Of course, that thread might develop into an intricate discussion about existance, what it is, and all possible questions, ideas, and correlations that relate to the concept of "existance".

Now, if by content, you mean it does not offer an actual PREDICTION, as this forum asks for, then perhaps you're right. But this is an interesting question, at least to me, what makes something "worthy of being posted", and how does anyone decide what constitutes content? Meaning can be found in anything, and people say that great things are complicated, but genius is simple.

So, once again, I must ask, what is "content"?

Edit: I was wrong, this post DOES have a prediction, so apparently all it lacks is this thing called "content", whatever it may be!

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
hey i had a prediction about the world series that was exactly right, but umm not on the prediction forum so i suppose it dont count really.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
You been talking to Rumsfeld and the guys.

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by goose]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Sure something will happen today. People will again try to predict events to come.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekpacIsAlive
And now, I sometimes find myself talking about the final war on earth (one of religion; christianity for anyone who cares to know, I know a lot of you are athiests)... But I can't quite figure out the date or anything so I don't tell anyone about it.

sorry mate, but that aint much of a prediction "At some point, there will be a war of religion which will kill us all" we're already part way there with the nuke and everything. And then most of the problmes at the minute are about religion, just look at 9-11 major anti-christian attack. Then, until recently, Saddam Hussein with supposed chemicals (Which America still haven't found yet, almost 3 months after his capture)

just give it a bit of time and there will be some sort of weapon to kick all our asses with a single bomb.

top topics

join