It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and the Second Ammendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure if any of you have heard of this but I recieved small hand outs in the mail from the NRA that talk about Obamas "Ten Point Plan to Change the Second Ammendment." These are a few of his Ten Points to Make "Change"
1 - Ban use of Firearms for home defense
2 - Pass federal laws to eliminate your right to carry
3 - Close down 90% of gun shops in America
4 - Restore voting rights to criminals who were convicted of using a gun to commit crimes.
The full list and rest of the story can be found here
I searched and didn't find a post about this so i'm sorry if this has already been discussed but i've had enough of Obamas second ammendment changes. Taking away firearms for home defense? thats absurd. what if something were to actually happen and we were invaded. closing those gun shops would just hurt our economy even more. Obama has gone too far with his plan to "change". what about those who like to hunt? what happens to them? all of this insanity just needs to stop

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Obama cannot change the Constitution unless others agree with him on Capital Hill. Another thing, what do you think American Patriots will do if TPTB even try to do this? We are on the verge of another civil conflict right now, something like this would be the feather that broke the camel's back, I'm afraid. I will never give my guns up, no matter how many laws they pass.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
His not going to take away your guns silly, only some rightie who cant debate policies in favour of McCain will come up with such a wild accusation.

The minute anybody wants to regulate weapons from going into the wrong hands, righties arms are up and about (pun intended)

I tell you what, in 2years time I'll ask you whether you still have your guns, if dont and it was taken away from you by the government then your right

[edit on 23-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Some people are saying they expect a full ban within 100 days in office. Where they are getting the intel from is anyones guess. Likely a leak from the inside.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Do not depend on the Constitution to protect your rights. Farmers are sueing the USDA for trampling all over our rights to grow our own food. From what I can see of the political moves lately. There is a plan in motion to gut the Constitution and make the USA a state within the European Union/American Union or what ever.

“... the United States and the European Union have signed up to a new transatlantic economic partnership that will see regulatory standards “harmonized” and will lay the basis for a merging of the US and EU into one single market, a huge step on the path to a new globalized world order....”.
The BBC reported (news.bbc.co.uk...) from the Summit in Washington on Monday:

Remember most of the Constitutionally inclined Supreme Court Justices are in their seventies. The next president will probably appoint at least one and that could swing the decisions away from the Constitution.

Obama's global poverty Act essential validates the UN "Millennium Development Goals"

(10) At the United Nations World Summit in September 2005, the United States joined more than 180 other governments in reiterating their commitment to achieve the United Nations Millennium Development Goals by 2015.......

One of those goals is the ban of small fire arms.

Another UN objective is Agenda 21. Clinton another Democrat instituted the President's Council on Sustainable Development , and the President's Community Empowerment Board, chaired by Vice President Al Gore. This has lead to six Regional Commissions. Few people realize that they provided the mechanism through which appointed individuals (NGO'S connected to the UN), rather than elected officials now develop public policy. I suggest you check this out. GOOGLE Local Agenda 21-Santa Cruz

Also there is NAIS and premises ID used by the USDA to take away the right to farm. (FDA has a similar idea for crops) NAIS and the USDA have broken many of the Constitutional Amendments. However the farmers have been helpless to stop the implementation of NAIS even though it has never been passed into law. Check out www.ranchers.net...

Despite the flagrant disregard for the Constitution and Privacy laws the USDA acts as if they have "Secret Police" type powers over farmers.

In July 2000, USDA officials claimed in our court hearing that, “The farmers have no rights. No right to be heard before the court, no right to independent testing, and no right to question the USDA....” Linda Fallice

Then combine the repeal of Posse comitatus Act www.rinf.com... with the following.

“...With no warning, a significant military agreement was signed by the chief Armed Forces commanders of both the U.S.A. and Canada on Feb. 14. The agreement allows the armed forces from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a domestic civil emergency....“

Source: stopspp.com...

To think we will not have a fight on our hands to keep our Constitution is putting your head in the sand that is why there is a September hunger strike planned. The present US government is ignoring the Constitution.

new topics

top topics

join