It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aid deliveries 'cover' for NATO build up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Aid deliveries 'cover' for NATO build up

www.presstv.ir

A top Russian general has accused NATO of setting up a naval force in the Black Sea under the 'cover' of aid deliveries to Georgia.

"Under the cover of needing to deliver humanitarian goods, NATO countries continue to boost their naval grouping," Anatoly Nogovitsyn, deputy chief of general staff, told a news conference in Moscow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
On Thursday I posted a thread about NATO Battleships in The Black Sea on a training exercise, but now it seems that they are about to be joined by U.S ships led by the destroyer USS McFaul, they are heading for Georgia with deliveries of "humanitarian" aid. I ask you is it all about to escalate even further? Im not sure which port they will be delivering the aid to but doesn't Russia still hold Georgia's main port? And wouldn't the mix of American troops and Russian troops in the same area be inflammatory? Maybe that's what their looking for!

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Interesting. I must admit, I thought the same thing myself when I heard about the humanitarian aid. It seems like they're tip-toeing into position as quietly as possible. The scary thing is that a lot of people don't even know about the Russia/Georgia conflict, or if they do know, know very little. That should be a red flag all by itself.
Only time will tell.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Nato needs as many ships it can close to Georgia so Russia gets the point! Right now they are not getting it and if they dont who is next? Poland?? I hope they are not dumb enough to do that. If they are it might be the end of Russia period!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There is definitely something going on here.

Russia has requested several times that humanitarian aid from the US comes by civilian vehicles and vessels. Why a warship?!

new topics

top topics

join