It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing my paradigm.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

Yes, I forgot the headbutt/antifuss factor! No "bedhead" either.

...... and I would NEVER stoop to using such a base product as Turtle Wax. Absurd!

I'm strictly a Mothers of California man

Yep, good job on this thread Weedwhacker. Sometimes a little silly goes a long way toward tolerating the serious parts of life.

CHeersall

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I just realized something...According to ATS policies about posting here, they make explicit notice that, in ATS, the conspiracy must be made clear. Without this factor, the mods may decide to move this thread to BTS! Gasp!

To correct that oversight, why not talk about the conspiracy of media propaganda that encourages the masses to put so much emphasis on one of the bodies organs that has the least importance: HAIR! They put so much money & effort at advertising hair care products but they still make untold piles of profit by selling something that's so relatively worthless!

There...That's the conspiracy to validate this thread to remain in ATS!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Midnoght!!

Funny.....I'm not always that computer-savvy.....so you may be correct, perhaps it belongs in BTS...

I THOUGHT it was in Board Business, but I fall off my chair so often, I've lost track.......

(wink)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well, maybe it's for the best that the thread started here...I get over to BTS so little that I might never have spotted it. I don't have any BTS threads subscribed.

Ya' know...The way my hairline keeps receding, it's sort of like "sliding" back on my head. Maybe in about 5 or 10 years, I'll have a furry spot on my back. When I get really old, I won't have to worry about sitting on a cold toilet seat.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Excellent perspective, however you mightn't want to wish for that toilet-seat-warmer quite so stringently ...... There are folks even as we speak out beating the bushes for yeti and related species. It'd be a shame to see you in a !NEWSFLASH! one day, belly down in a freezer.

They put so much money & effort at advertising hair care products but they still make untold piles of profit by selling something that's so relatively worthless!
YES! and it's not only worthless, it's DEAD! |Dead cells that some carry around and...... and..... even *gasp* shape and adorn with sparkly things!! ewwwwww What if we treated all our dead cells with such reverence?

Okay, to segue to your conspriacy, don't forget to tie into political aspirations, and the notion that there has never been a completely hairless pontiff of any state head. Perhaps it's a preconceived thing? I mean, look at it. According to this site, over 30% of all men go completely bald by the age of 55, and over 60% suffer from the dreaded ravaged of the comb-over [or worse yet, the swirler effect] by 55. www.newmoanyeah.com... Of course, as the site notes, 70% of statistics are made up.

I lost my hair suddenly, at age 22, after cutting my long hair (I could almost sit on it) to get a job with the government. I like to think my hair got ticked off and just gave up. Perhaps there is a tie-in to a governmental sub-plot there as radiation WAS occasionally involved......

onward. I had a choice of wearing a rug, getting overpriced hair plugs, or, even more entertaining, getting a nylon filament RUN UNDER my SCALP in sixteen places and having hair HOOK-RUGGED to it. ewg.

Life was a lot simpler when I chose to just wear it short, and even moreso when I started shaving it. Now, I can shave my head in just slightly less time than it takes me to shave my face. Simple.

I'm thinking of growing one of those Alladin genie things, circle it with a shiny silver band, dare anyone to say anything. yah.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Of course, as the site notes, 70% of statistics are made up.

...And 50% of that 70% can be juggled around to say anything that wants to be said...

At any rate, I'd fall into the category of "comb-overs," so I'm not going to touch that particular statistic at all.

Originally posted by argentus
I lost my hair suddenly, at age 22, after cutting my long hair (I could almost sit on it) to get a job with the government. I like to think my hair got ticked off and just gave up...
...Life was a lot simpler when I chose to just wear it short...

Most of what I have left still grows normally around the sides & back, but there's still some left on top (I'm in my late 40's & still have some normal hair growth left...Go figure). I wear it short, but at the barber's shop, I tell 'em to leave the top alone...Those are the stubborn survivors & I want to give them as much chance as possible to continue surviving.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join