It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Disconnect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have wondered much, about a seemingly missing link between our self and our spirit and our soul. There are many who read religous writings passed down through the millenia and many know them well. While Christ was walking on water, for example, he had one his disciples join him. He was doing ok until he started to doubt. Christ said we could do anything if we believe. After Christs ascension, there are stories of many amazing miracles done by apostles and others - including Paul. However, today, there is nobody walking on water or turning water into wine and the like.

Why?

Could it be the information we need to know to connect to our soul is locked away in the vatican or in India somewhere? I mean, everywhere you see the church goers, but theres is no real connection to our soul or God. Why do churches 'preach' on what you should do but not show how? Maybe because they don't know how?

How does one truly connect to our inner self and why isn't this information found in places of worship??

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
I have wondered much, about a seemingly missing link between our self and our spirit and our soul. There are many who read religous writings passed down through the millenia and many know them well. While Christ was walking on water, for example, he had one his disciples join him. He was doing ok until he started to doubt. Christ said we could do anything if we believe. After Christs ascension, there are stories of many amazing miracles done by apostles and others - including Paul. However, today, there is nobody walking on water or turning water into wine and the like.

Why?

Cuz maybe it's all a lie and Christ never did this anyway? Oh wait you're not allowed to doubt.. if you don't believe the Bible, or doubt it, you might go to Hell. I'd ask you to read the slogan of this website.

Could it be the information we need to know to connect to our soul is locked away in the vatican or in India somewhere?

More like locked in our own subconscience, but run around the planet like a distressed turkey and maybe you'll trip over your own mind

Jesus did say "The kingdom of heaven is WITHIN" ... not in India or any other PLACE.

I mean, everywhere you see the church goers, but theres is no real connection to our soul or God. Why do churches 'preach' on what you should do but not show how? Maybe because they don't know how?

God is within. Soul is within. The connection already exists, we must develop the AWARENESS of this connection perhaps? We're simply blind, ignorant at this point. Jesus didn't say you need to develop the connection to God to walk in water. It's all in your mind!

You ARE God, you're a reflection of same, and the universe is a reflection of you. All knowledge of all that exists is already contained within you. The issue now is how to access it, how to become CONSCIOUSLY aware of this knowledge. Going to India won't necessary help.

How does one truly connect to our inner self and why isn't this information found in places of worship??

Because places of worship were designed to lead astray, to confuse, and to spread illusion and lies in order to control the human race. That could be one reason anyway

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

All knowledge of all that exists is already contained within you.

Then why is there no "Mister-know-it-all" that has successfully found it?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant

All knowledge of all that exists is already contained within you.

Then why is there no "Mister-know-it-all" that has successfully found it?

Just because I own books that are written in Japanese, does not mean that I have the conscious ability on 'how' to read them.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
yes, it is within but IMO also all around. i seriously doubt that there is any point to this bloody life that is of any profoundity. just to live and watch life grow, but to me the problem arises in this whole live your life to live idea is the fact that there is so much suffering and oppresion.
i tried real hard to find this link first through a version of christianity called southern baptist. and ofcourse my search had just begun so searched many religions and found the best results through meditation and begging for enlightenment and discernment. but now most people would say that i am tripped tha phuck out.

so back to all the suffering that is mainly caused by all the greedy oppresive blood sucking bastards. i propose that this a level of hell that is sort of like a strainer and place where the last iotas of good are strained and seperated out of this spirit until goes on into a further hotter more intese purification process.

and to answer you question i think one link can be found through astrology. no i do not mean just GDMF'n' sun sign for christ sake, but an indepth analysis of your birth chart.

i have found some good insight including possibly what the hell i am doing on this bloody planet dust and what is that i need to learn and be made aware of in this life in the book A Spiritual Approach to Astrology by myrna lofthus.

and if at the mention of astrology you gauulf

well you beez a fool cuz

the stars are projectas yea
projectin' our lives down on this plant

a tribute to mates of state

peace

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I agree with astrology - it plays a big role in spirituality. I know the answers are not in India, but it does seem that something is missing - weather it be by an evil force, man or just an illusion.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
[Edited on 17-3-2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Being and Indian I can tell you that India does not hold any sacred texts that will connect your body with your soul. In fact truth be told, anywhere your very well please can be the best of spots to connect with your Soul.

The only way to transcend and make a compatible cohesion between the two has always been through connecting with the Pure Consciousness, or Soul.

Those texts hidden in caves in India will only help teach a certain practice to nurture your mind and quell the inner evil.

Deep

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I daresay there is some truth in godsservant's words as far as the Vatican goes. Certainly the early Christian's belief in reincarnation was quelled in the fourth century and made heretical. The original documents are most likely locked away in the depths of the Vatican archives.
I wonder what else is down there ?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hidden if not burned.

I doubt the Vaticant would keep around any documents that would impede thier " veracity " they seem to be so vahement to prove righteous.

Deep

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by ZeroDeep]

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
ZeroDeep, how do you connect to your inner self? And quell the inner evil?

top topics

join