It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else find the term "The Lunch Bucket Crowd" offensive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I frequently hear White, Middle class, Blue collar workers referred to as the "Lunch Bucket Crowd" in the news, and frankly I find the term insulting! Is there something inherently inferior about being a member of the blue collar working class?

Are we somehow less intelligent or politically savvy than the core of Barack Obama supporters? I can hear the squeals now if someone referred to his core supporters as the "government entitlement crowd"!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Obama despises white 'blue collar workers', even I as a non-American can see that.

You hear his 'change change change' BS, then look at his ultra leftist credentials, and you just feel the poison ooze out of him.

Reminds me very much of a young Tony B'Liar when he was near power. He promised us change - and we got change. e all got suddenly poorer and living inside a communistic dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
Obama despises white 'blue collar workers', even I as a non-American can see that.

You hear his 'change change change' BS, then look at his ultra leftist credentials, and you just feel the poison ooze out of him.

Reminds me very much of a young Tony B'Liar when he was near power. He promised us change - and we got change. e all got suddenly poorer and living inside a communistic dictatorship.
You're right DT, I imagine that's the exact same type of change we can expect from Barack Obama..

[edit on 23-8-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This term just proves to me how elitist the Obama camp is. I am not a blue collar worker. I happen to be considered a professional by those who figure such things. But I carry my meals to work, because I can save money, and I frequently am unable to leave my unit to get a meal in the cafeteria.
The democrats have screamed over and over again about the "elitist" in Washington. Seems to me they don't have a clue about what it is like to really work for a living. (In case you're wondering, I'm in healthcare, directdly involved with patient care, so I know what it is like to spend all day on my feet.

new topics

top topics

join