It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn the Secrets of Immortality from Those Who Have Already Found It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Press Release from PRWeb

We now now have a podcast channel for presenting information on those who dare to explore the possibility of physical immortality and that real immortals may be living among us today:

Episode 2 of the Achieving Immortality channel is titled "Living More than 150 Years by Those Who Done It" which will review the many of those people, on record, who have survived more than 150 years.

Yes there are people, on record, who have survived more than 150 years. What can we learn from them?

"Why Haven't We Heard About Any Immortals in Our News" is the title of the third podcast of Achieving Immortality. This third Episode will review the possible reasons why real life eternals avoid revealing their secret identities.

Does it have to be on NBC / ABC / CBS / CNN to be considered truth?

Episode 4 of the Achieving Immortality channel is titled "Extending Our Lives With the Help of Nature" which will review examples of immortality in the animal kingdom and the secrets they hold in extending our own lives.

Are there signs of immortality within the animal kingdom? You will be surprised to find out.

There will be much more opinions, and yes, evidence presented here.

More to come ...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Immortality is too short -- 150 years ?????

the only way to reach immortality is if you.....................................................................

[edit on 23-8-2008 by CzErased]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am aware of other methods seemingly more "esoteric" than merely looking at those who are "in the lime-light" and past the age of 150... but much like the Necronomicon the methods are hidden away and obscured, kept for those "adepts" to the knowledge.

But I think this is far beyond the mortal "immortality" that is being referred to here.

Aside from that, I think that with our current medical/scientific advances we can "naturally" extend life; we are coming to a grand understanding of the brain and it's illusions, along with our "reality's" chemical precisions and how slight variations in our brains chemistry can vastly change our objective and subjective opinions of reality.

I think modeling successful people is a fantastic idea, and people who have successfully made it past 150 years old while maintaining their youthful personality and hopefully their mobility will only provide better models for living and thinking while being alive, surprisingly many people who've made it past 100 have quite a unique and determined opinion of the world they live in and their part in it; some of them don't even regard their diet as the reason for their duration, some even smoke like chimneys, some aren't religious what-so-ever, some are.... The common ground is the threshing floor where we beat the differences down to the core elements, and we're left with the frame-work for a natural / mental approach to life extension.

Much of this has already been done via NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) created by Richard Bandler and John Grinder, helped along by Robert Dilts, Milton Erickson, Virginia Satir, Fritz Perls, etc.. and many others..

Great thread and I'm glad to be a part of living forever! lol

[edit on 8/23/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

I think modeling successful people is a fantastic idea, and people who have successfully made it past 150 years old while maintaining their youthful personality and hopefully their mobility will only provide better models for living and thinking while being alive, surprisingly many people who've made it past 100 have quite a unique and determined opinion of the world they live in and their part in it; some of them don't even regard their diet as the reason for their duration, some even smoke like chimneys, some aren't religious what-so-ever, some are.... The common ground is the threshing floor where we beat the differences down to the core elements, and we're left with the frame-work for a natural / mental approach to life extension.
[edit on 8/23/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

A very valid point. Tavallian (who I quoted in another threat entitled "I want Immortality") promotes the idea of a mental approach to life extension. And it is surely life EXTENSION which is on the table, rather than "immortality"? (No matter how long you live, what guarantee can you give me that you won't fall over and die the next day?)

I have read Ben Abbas blog site and I'm wary of his claims to have located someone who speaks ancient Aramaic (hope I spelt that correctly), because I DON'T think that immortality = being indestructible. For someone to live many centuries, they would have to overcome not only physical aging, but accidental injury, the chances of encountering which must surely be multiplied by virtue of living for so long?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
What a load of crap.

And how boring would immortality be?

Ugh - same boring stuff.

Come on - living here once is enough of a trial.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
another "threat"? oops, another "threaD", obviously.

Sorry 'bout that!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
A guy up the street told me he was 300 years old. And some other random person claimed to be "in the system" for "several hundred years". This neighbor of mine runs a lot so maybe that's how he does it. I want to believe that a person could live for 300 years or more. But there isn't much evidence for that I don't think. Maybe ancient man lived that long but we have just regressed. DNA deterioration. I think I read a study about making rats live longer, but really they couldn't do it. They just turned on and off a gene that makes them age really fast, then turn it off and they recover to normal. But I bet the technology exists for the elite to extend their lives. Just look at stem cells. Injections Anyone?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
We should have been living 1000 years but our genes does not allow us to.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

You do know that the Necronomicon is a work of fiction don't you ?

The Necronomicon was penned by H.P Lovecraft.

By his own words he states:

''“Now about the “terrible and forbidden books” – I am forced to say that most of them are purely imaginary. There never was any Abdul Alhazred or Necronomicon, for I invented these names myself''

Divine knowledge here

Please don't believe everything your read

edit on 29-1-2011 by Red_xi because: Fat fingers

edit on 29-1-2011 by Red_xi because: Love cake

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by benabba

benabba ... haven't heard from you here on ATS for quite a while now.

So how's the pr campaign coming along with the main aim of trying to entice ATS members to purchase your book by way of "Immortality" related discussion threads here on ATS ?

... brought to you by Ben Abba, author of forth coming book: “Secrets of an Immortal – An Eyewitness Account of 2,800 Years of History”

Looks like you may not have quite the monopoly on long-lived humans that you think you have, if the comments made in the following thread are anything to go by:

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread540632/pg10#pid10445305[/url]

I'm sure myself and other ATS members would be interested in your comments e.g would you state that the comments made in that thread regarding a group of long-lived individuals is completely and utterly bogus ?

Edit: Darn, completely forgot to ask you ...

Exactly how much will it cost me to

Learn the Secrets of Immortality from Those Who Have Already Found It

I'm sure you're not going to give away such advanced knowledge for free ?
edit on 29/1/11 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ost33
We should have been living 1000 years but our genes does not allow us to.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand that comment - if our genes don't allow us to have a 1,000 year life-span, then what are you basing the assertion that "We should have been living 1000 years" on?

Can you explain please

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the info.

But 75 - 100 years is plenty of time for me
Im onll 28 and im almost ready to go now, Life sucks i had my fun as a teenager.
edit on 01/14/2011 by MagickWithoutTears because: To add

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by benabba

Immortal technically means one's body does not die...ever...especially after 150 years.
But I'm willing to call it immortality if it goes beyond the antedeluvian ages of the bible. Methuselah lived to be 969...at 1000 years of living in the same body, I'd be impressed.

Otherwise, I'm holding out for the real deal.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
hmm in a certain perspective we are already all immortals and physical death is not eternal death just a transition and change of energy states to the next. Can energy be destroyed? Because we are 100% energy right? Energy = Everything = MCsqaured. Look up the law of conservation of energy you may be pleasantly suprised...I think the egyptians knew this, supposedly their culture did not view death in the negative way our cultures today do. I think you have a fear of death, or fear of the unknown and change, I face the fear a lot myself but these are some of the thoughts that help ease such silly fears for me, truth is the way.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Immortality is only justified if you have many children. If you want to reincarnate, have more children, in other words.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
it is written:

"Immortality is only just another way to die."

Leto II, the God-Emperor

edit on 8-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

edit on 8-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: spellcheck

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
i think he's confused longevity with immortality

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
hi there,

I've just joined this site to discuss immortals and immortality. So, poster, can you share more please? your video or full column or what have you, or is it up and i don't know how to access it? Any help would be appreciated here. I'm fascinated by the Comte de St Germain, and I absolutely believe that anything and everything is possible.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hmm.. learning how to be immortal?

Good thing I already am

top topics

<<   2 >>

join