It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is computer outgas toxic? Is the new world order using computer fumes to sicken the population?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Check out this site I found. This guy is making enclosures so you don't have to breathe your computer's fumes. What do you guys think?

rawair.net..

-------

www.inthesetimes.com...

The old joke was: Americans eat so many preservatives, our corpses will never rot. Now, it turns out they won’t burn either. Americans’ bodies have the world’s highest concentration of the flame retardant polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE)—10 to 40 times higher than Europeans—and our chemical burden is doubling every 3 to 5 years...
PBDEs, which resemble PCBs, are added to upholstery, computer parts, mattresses, fax machines, carpets, car seats and house wiring. We eat, absorb and breathe PBDEs daily, and they end up in everything from baby’s brains and mother’s milk to polar bears.

“What is in commercial products is getting into the environment,” says EPA scientist Linda Birnbaum, “and what’s in the environment is getting into wildlife and people.”

Because the EPA does not require labeling, you are unlikely to know which, if any, PDBEs are in the mattress your baby sleeps on, the couch you potato on and the electronic equipment you surf the web with...

this guys got a lot of info on his site:

www.rawair.net...

[edit on 23-8-2008 by asdf1234]

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i think there is no doubt the computer is making us fat and stupid....

but i don't think the chemical this guy is talking about is the cause.

!!!! TENRETNI

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Before you go discounting this, check out this article:

"UC Riverside scientists interviewed for the KNBC story have done research using rat tissue that shows that PBDEs disrupt mechanisms that are responsible for releasing hormones in the body. Moreover, their work has shown that like polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), whose manufacture in the U.S. was discontinued in 1977, PBDEs alter calcium signaling in the brain - a critical mechanism for transmitting information between and within brain cells, for learning and memory, and for regulating the release of hormones in the body."

www.ucop.edu...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
LOL! I don't think the NWO needs any help getting people fat and sick from computer use. I think the internet and video games are doing a fine job at that with no additional assistance.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You don't THINK it would be true...but don't bother to check into it. becuase that way you can still use the computer without worrying.

www.rawair.net...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by asdf1234

i do believe is true, but my job is to be sitting in a computer for 9 hours a day, i would rather inhale the gases than die of hunger, and the lack of technology.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I personally am a computer enthuziest. The computer "exhast" Is nothing more than warm air.

Computer componants make heat. I metal heatsink pulls the heat off of it and the fan transfers it into the air.

No conspiracy here sir. The worst that your computer is doing is using electricity and aggrivating your allergys (collects dust)

Im actually rather upset that you claim this to be a fact, and I want this labeld a hoax asap. Heat is not a nurotoxin. Learn computer engeneering than tell me that.

Simple version:
Computer parts make heat from running. The heat has to go somewhere so specaily molded metal peices (that are highly heat conductive and cheap) are used to pull the heat off the componant and transfer it into the air so that the componant doesnt overheat and burn out.

I've built several computers and am a computer gamer and take part in a computer forum. I know this to be a fact that your claims are FALSE

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I personally am a computer enthuziest. The computer "exhast" Is nothing more than warm air.

Yes but if all the cables and stuff are coverd in flame retardent, and since warm air absorbes more readily than cold, then this is how you get poisoning.

Somehow though I think computers are the least of our worries. The article would suggest you're carpet, bed ect is far more dangerous.

NWO doesn't need to worry about targeting the West where it's power base is based, and if it weren't for immigration our population is shrinking.
Politicans do however have to worry about the third world which has caused world population to go from 3 billion in 1960 to almost 7 today.
Yes these people might be far less pollutive than us on average, but if they keep doubling they pose a far greater problem. And since it is only a matter of time (at most generations) for them to catch up to our standard of living, then they threaten "our" power base too.

However I think it is only a matter of time until the West self-destructs. Something that everyone uses will pass all the tests and include some new nano technology. The in like 20 years it's like; oh! Why arn't all the women having children? It must be something we're using. Let us work out what it might be...
A few years down the line and about 20 product bans later they finally work out what the culprit is (despite the best efforts of the lawsuit fearing manurfactors). But then it's too late.

This scenario is "long" overdue. There are so many new products we are using that be it GM or something else it is only a matter of "when". The "price" of progress I guess.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have always wondered why every household appliance reeks of chemicals now. I just bought a tv and it is unuseable, I bought and returned an air purifier (ironically) that was unuseable, my father just bought a barbeque of all things, and the odour is so srtong that it could be smelled 10 feet away outdoors! I bought and returned a computer, then the replacement stunk too, so I burned it off in the garage for 3 months.

If we are being attacked with soft kill weapons, this has to be part of it, it's strange that untill five years ago I never smelled anything with this, and now its on everything. Is fire really that big of a problem?

The only thing to do is save your reciepts, and return any item that stinks.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

Yes but if all the cables and stuff are coverd in flame retardent, and since warm air absorbes more readily than cold, then this is how you get poisoning.

No. If the cables were releasing any chemical molecules into the air, wouldn't my cables be dissolving?

Computers are harmless... As our Computer Enthusiast pointed it, its nothing but hot air... the only time you would have to worry about any sort of chemical is if you lit your PC on fire... and breathed the fumes... that might do something.

The only issue I can imagine that is still largely unstudied is EMF's. However, since strong EMF's would erase your computer's hard drive (magnetic storage you know), I can't imagine they would be strong enough to do anything...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

Starred. The hardcore music enthusiast/computer enthusiast is correct. It's just warm air coming out of the back of your computer. Heat and computers = bad news. The heat has to go somewhere or your components in the computer will start failing.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
OP, three concurring posters now agree, Computers do not emit "fumes".

Please correct the title of your thread accordingly...

you might want to loosen your tin foil hat a little bit...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
all you have to do to figure this guy's motivations out is look at his recent posts lists.

he's trying to sell a product, described on that site he keeps linking to; it seems to consist mostly of a metal casing that is placed over the CPU tower.

they offer similar devices for other "toxic" appliances.

personally, i'd suspect anybody who bought and used one of those things of being fairly mentally ill; the OP's work here on ATS seems mainly targeted toward the already paranoid, and the possibly unhinged.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the info

Honestly I was put back by the false claims and didn't bother to look into his profile or anything.

Isn't there something in the TOS about this?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I Over Clocked A computer one time (far too high) and missed my heat sink up in the process , the whole thing smoked real bad but never caught fire.
If computers put out fumes, then ALL electronics would, like the TV, the Stereo , play station ... the whole ideal is a bit out there, then computer offices would be a bad place to be , huh?

edit
heh, his enclosers dont even look air tight or effective, and home made,

[edit on 26-10-2008 by LetsPlayFeedTheGater]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

No. If the cables were releasing any chemical molecules into the air, wouldn't my cables be dissolving?

There are quite a few atoms in your cables - are you sure your watching all of them?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Computers, like most things made with plastic, resins, etchants, solvents, fluxes, flame retardants, release fumes, and some of them are quite likely toxic. The computer is less harmful to you than, say, a new car, carpet, bedspread, mattress, or coat of paint, though. It decreases with time, so after a few months, your hardware should be safe as houses. Also: obsolete.

You know that new-car smell? It's partly toxic fumes. Though there has been a push to reduce that in recent years.

I wouldn't say that it's explicitly unsafe, just that it could be better. It's a matter of economics. Most people aren't willing to spring the money for a marginally safer solution to something that isn't really a problem. Most people are generally pretty healthy, compared to any point in the past, and the harmful effects of sitting in front of a computer all day instead of doing other activities are far more of a problem than the harmful effects of breathing any toxins released by the computer.

There might be a market for less toxic computer hardware, but it isn't big enough when you consider the massive economy of scale it takes to make a run of computer hardware profitable.

new topics

top topics

join