It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'New' cave yeilds deep secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Southern Arizona has a major 'new' cave near Vail, one that could be a million years old, with a 'scientific treasure trove' that could take decades to explore.

A group of Tucson scientists announced this week that they've spent the last eight years researching in and around a cave they call 'La Tetera' - Spanish for 'the teapot'.

La Tetera is in Pima County's 2'400 acre Colossal Cave Mountain Park.

Cave Research

This looks good...more details as i find them

Gryff

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Wow, this looks like an interesting find!

La Tetera offers a glimpse of a million years of geologic history unpolluted by forces that have defaced many of the state's other caves - vandals, souvenir hunters and careless amateur explorers.

Definitly not an every-day find. Excellent post Gryffen, will look foward further report of the exploration.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Wow!
Camel bones? Wonder if it was brought here or wondered over long ago?
Seems the cave is still in the early stages of exploration. It will be interesting to see what else they find in there. New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Colo...all have a very interesting past. There is something Magical about Sedona. I went to the Vortices but could not feel anything different about the place. The grand Canyon is one of those places too.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Another link for this story:

This also has a link for photos of La Tetera Caves

I am glad they are restricting access to these caves tho...means they can get through the research without major interuption and hassle from tourists.

The photos are brilliant.

Whats is all ur opinions on this?

La Tetera photos

Enjoy
Gryff

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's good that it's closed off to an extent. It would be nice to know of the discoveries that are made in the cave as soon as they are made. I believe places like this are so off the beatin path and secret that the ancients hid all kind of things in them, knowing it would be very unlikely to be found. The question is, will they share their discoveries or cover them up. There are some cool caves and caverns in Virginia, but they are all (most)ruined by people tresspassing and vandalising them.

Here is an interesting site all about caves:
www.cavediggers.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here is another site i found with help from Baked..

Dragon's Cave

absloutly amazing!!

*sorry about spelling...it sux i know...*

Gryff

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
DAMN!

Some of those pics are simply incredible! There's some rock formations that are awesome, it looks like this cave was part of another world. And there's so many colors. Weird.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
very interesting stuff...in the first cave, with the prehistoric camel? wow...i wonder how he got there???

really fascinating stuff and the cave paintings are great too.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yeah this stuff definitely bears watching, as it can give us more and more clues to the past of North America and the world. Perhaps Thunderbirds were real!

Has anyone posted this to the Cryptozoology board?

new topics

top topics

join