It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laws of attraction/The secret Debunked!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Many of us have at one point in time or another have used it or will use it. Its the greatest thing since Donky Kong, It can make you or it can break you however you decide to use it, but where is the source of energy coming from? Most importantly how does this energy manifest and effect your world and other people's world around you? The laws of attraction have 4 basic functions

1. Know what one desires and ask the universe for it.

2. Focus one's thought upon the thing desired with great feeling such as enthusiasm or gratitude.

3. Feel and behave as if the object of one's desire is already acquired.

4. Be open to receiving it.

So lets take a close look at these functions, and I will show you how this is just a piece of the bigger picture.

1. Know what ones desires and ask the universe for it. Its almost astounding to believe that scientists are critical of the lack of falsifiability and testability of these claims, however christians have book over a thousand pages long how this law has been around for over centuries, but lets not compare apples to oranges.
John 14 verse 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Still a little skeptical I see...let's continue.

2. Focus one's thought upon the thing desired with great feeling such as enthusiasm or gratitude.
Colossians 3:15-17 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

3. Feel and behave as if the object of one's desire is already acquired.
1 Corinthians 13:2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

4. Be open to receiving it.
Genesis 12:2 "I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.

So some are probably thinking, "Silly solo, I don't believe in God, and I still practice the laws what does religion have to do with anything?", Because with great power comes great responsibility.

Out of the 10 commandments there is one commandment that stands out of the rest.

'Do not turn to idols or make gods of cast metal for yourselves. I am the LORD your God.

O....K but what is really an idol? Is it just a symbol like Catholics who prey to a statue? Or can you yourselves create one with just a thought? Would you create a thought and use it to disprove God, isn't that becoming an Idol?

Deuteronomy 4:23 Be careful not to forget the covenant of the Lord your God that he made with you; do not make for yourselves an idol in the form of ANYTHING the lord YOUR god has forbidden.

So now that you know the truth can you admit to breaking one of God's laws? Because if you have, you are on the right path. So, have you spoken to Jesus today?

Deuteronomy 11:26 26 See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse- 27 the blessing if you obey the commands of the LORD your God that I am giving you today; 28 the curse if you disobey the commands of the LORD your God and turn from the way that I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known.

Ps. I mean its not like someone has already used the laws of attraction to try and take over the world? >Cough Rothschild Ahem<

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Solo954]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Good post! What it comes down to is this... Do Occult practices and false religions work ? Often they do in a limited way - but only because they are derivative of the true source of Gods wisdom found in the Bible.

There's a cosmic battle going on - everything that God has done Satan tries to counterfeit. It will be similar yet appeal to the flesh - and contain a deception that leads one into to error. Most often selfishness and pride.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Good post! What it comes down to is this... Do Occult practices and false religions work ? Often they do in a limited way - but only because they are derivative of the true source of Gods wisdom found in the Bible.

With that said brother Acts 17:18 NIV
A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to dispute with him. Some of them asked, "What is this babbler trying to say?" Others remarked, "He seems to be advocating foreign gods." They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

I opened this thread expecting to see attempts at debunking the concept of law of attraction and didn't see it debunked.

The Bible and Christianity are not unique when it comes to the law of attraction. Remember the concept of karma? The law of attraction is nothing new.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

The laws of attraction does not exists. Its just a teaching of the bible without the bible in it. So people are misguided by the using this law without knowing its true source and true purpose. That's why its been debunked, maybe you should re read my previous reply.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

So you think you debunked the laws of attraction by quoting verses? That's just one belief over another belief.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The post subject is indeed deception.

You did not, in fact, debunk the Secret, you substantiated it with verse from the Christian slant by simply pulling the verses that reflect a more ancient set of laws.

Others have also substatiated the Secret through other religious focusad text.

Perhaps your choice of Subject Topic was intentional or not but you have, nevertheless, failed the reader.

AnonSaRa

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It seems to me that Solo954 broke his original post down to simply state that the Secret was wrong because it was the christian's idea "first". Doesn't that make them both right, by your way of thinking?

And honestly, who did you, Solo, expect to believe this besides, perhaps, other christians? Did you think someone of another faith would read your first post and all of the bible quotes within it, and then denounce The Secret?

Or was this for christians by a christian and the rest of us can go suck a lemon.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I won't bother responding to the poster, since it would make no difference. But I believe the people that tried the L.o.A. and it didn't work for them and are now pissed off, missed the point of The Secret and books like it, which there were many before it. The point is, if you focus your energy on feeling good and prosperous, you WILL feel good and prosperous. For me it is a method used to help ease our nerves in this materialistic society.
I have more to say, but I am at work. Ta ta!

Anyway, simple minds take everything at face value.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

I believe in the LoA, but I think the way the idea is being marketed today through things like The Secret is misleading. The fact is the LoA wont get the universe to manifest $300 million or grow your amputated limb back. It is mostly a perception thing. If you are more positive and expect positive things, you naturally find more positive things. I think its the misleading pitch of the LoA (much like the misleading title of this thread
) that gets people upset or doubting.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by gnosis111

I believe in the LoA, but I think the way the idea is being marketed today through things like The Secret is misleading. If you are more positive and expect positive things, you naturally find more positive things.

In my opinion if you believe in the LOA, then you already believe what the bible explains. Therefore the "Secret" is just information copied of the bible an dumb down to our modern day society. Its only learning 150 pages out of 1000 page book. Maybe if people would stop thinking with a close mind and read the bible with an open mind.....You will learn your reality. You yourself said it, If you are more positive and EXPECT positive things, then aren't you admitting to faith?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Im not trying to say this thread is for Christians only, Once again you guys are seeing things with a close mind... How can people truly believe in the Secret or LoA if you dont know where the source of this energy come from. How can you say you practice this teaching without even knowing why its made for? Or what to do with it? Or what we ARE supposed to do with it. The bible teach us how to this gift, it is not to satisfy the body, but to satisfy your soul. This is the reason why we can live in the moment and receive blessings threw god. Doesn't LoA teach "Become one with the universe"? So how do you become one with the universe if you still dont know how to love each other? I get it, maybe spirituality is our true gift from the universe or God and our bodies is just a transportation to take us to another dimension (Gee, like heaven or hell). and to those who say LoA does not work for them. Its because your missing a very important part of yourself, Soul. This is the reason why Jesus said coming to earth is a blessing and a curse at the same time.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Solo954]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I am a so called "Christian" And I practice the LOA everyday. I am not worshiping any other God, because my source power is God. Luke 6:31 Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

What you give is what you recieve, what you put out in the world will come back to you. It is a very simple concept that has been around forever.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I didn't care for the secret all that much. But I think where it went wrong was to expect that things would just happen automatically by thinking about it.

In order to recieve, you need to see the path. As you desire and focus on that goal, you begin to move towards it. You then work towards obtaining it, and if you keep at it, it will come to you.

No different than walking to the fridge to get a drink. You want that drink, so you think - I want that drink. And then you quickly visualize a path in your head on how to obtain that drink. And then you get off your butt and go get it. If you are out of drinks, then you visualize the store and a way of getting it. If you need money to buy the drinks, you visualize how to get money to go obtain it. All the while still working and focusing on the ultimate goal.

As someone else said, it's alot like the bible. And just like the church, it teaches that to simply believe is enough. If you just believe in Jesus, the rest will be done for you. But both completely ignore the part of walking the path needed to obtain that goal.

And that is the deception.

top topics

join