It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapon Ban Author chosen as Obama VP

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The way I see it, if anyone infringes on our right to bear arms which is specifically stated in the constitution, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." then the gate is open to chip away at more rights.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Just what in the hell are you gun freaks fretting about? The Al Queda is going to swim ashore tomorrow? My long bow and compound bow will do just fine for protection.
I saw an interview with Biden and I was highly impressed by him. I wish he could have made the ballot.

Your weapon of choice is... Your weapon of choice. Please don't impose your paradigm over mine. No offense intended or implied. However, have to say that you might feel a tiny bit awkward trying to defend your home in the middle of the night with your bow and arrow. Not saying you couldn't... Just that it might be a tad tougher than you think.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Isnt this the argument that is brought up against Democrats every 4 years. I have heard this, "The Democrats are going to take our guns away" for years now. I really dont see it happening, the logistical issues with trying to confiscate every gun in America is enough of a reason it wont happen.

And I see you are pointing to the assualt weapon ban, that Bush later allowed to expire. This ban was raved about by many NRA members in our law enforcement community. Ask any police officer if they feel more or less comfortable knowing that anyone can get their hands on an assualt weapon.

I own guns myself(hunting purposes) and I dont think that guns should be outright banned but regulation and licensing is a must. Even a ban on assault weapons causes the prohibition problem, in the sense that it creates an illegal market for such weapons and ensures that criminals have them and others do not. But with that said there needs to be stricter regulation for assualt rifles.

The used weapon market is a legal loophole for firearm transfer. Gun shows provide for a lot of parking lot and back alley sales. I can sell on of my guns to anyone and they dont need to go through any channels to see if they are fit to own a weapon.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I wouldnt worry about this with the current supreme court judges. They are Solid when it comes to the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Heres the bill to read:

www.govtrack.us...

Word for word..the "NEW ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN".

Zindo

PS. Its a terrible bill. should die but probably won't!!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Can you provide a link to your statement that he wants to ban all semi auto rifles, shotguns and handguns?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
reply to post by Illahee

Can you provide a link to your statement that he wants to ban all semi auto rifles, shotguns and handguns?

No I will not. This has already been posted in numerous gun control topics here.

There is no need. To further post the same information. Please re read the text. I referenced Obama in the full ban on semi automatic firearms.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Heres the bill to read:

www.govtrack.us...

Word for word..the "NEW ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN".

Zindo

PS. Its a terrible bill. should die but probably won't!!!!!

The M1 carbine this time. The CMP is all but gone. What do they have left? the Garrand? at 1,000.00 a copy.

These people are monsters. Do we have a list of the people involved in writing this trash so they can be held accountable in their next election?

Or will they hide it from us using straw people.......

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

www.ontheissues.org...

www.ontheissues.org...

glassbooth.org...

Has he said he wants an outright ban? No not yet, but his butt licking of Pelosi and Fienstein sure does give pause as to his true feelings about firearms and the 2nd amendment!!!

Zindo

[edit on 8/24/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Ask any police officer if they feel more or less comfortable knowing that anyone can get their hands on an assualt weapon.

Forgive me if I don't feel bad for the poor lil coppers not being comfortable because there are people out there that they can't use their tazers,pepper spray, and bully tactics on because their armed. Cops never like it when the playing field is even.

On topic, I don't see or should I say I have hope that a ban wouldn't happen. You take away the 2nd amendment and we might as well let them take away all the rest of them as well as the bill of rights. And you can bet they would take them all away. The only thing stopping them is the fact we have so many guns in this country that they wouldn't succeed. That's why America hasn't and wouldn't ever be invaded. Not only would the aggressor have to deal with our military( or what's left of it here in the states) they would also have to deal with all the American gun owners and their guns. So they can ban assault weapons all they want. They still have to come get them.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Thats a thou a copy of one that is not even usable in CMP competition. I shoot in Service Rifle and to get one that can print in a 6 inch circle at 300 yds costs over 4 thou. Most are parts guns brought back from Korea or some of the Euopean nations that where on 'Lend lease'. Very few are in good shape or servicable, They are good wall hangers till Biden and Obama outlaw thatl Most have gone to the AR group of rifles for competition. I have three I use. Two are .223 and one in .308. A few companies are building brand new examples of the M1 Garrand. Some are fantastic builds, but very expensive!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
NEWSFLASH: That war you are waiting for where your guns will protect you will never come. You can't shoot debt or the Patriot Act.

Your assault rifles aren't doing you much good against your economic overlords now, are they? Nope. You hold your guns proudly in yor warm alive hands while your "conservative" leadership has stripped away more of your constitutional rights in eight years than any liberal leader ever has.

Your guns are false repesentations/icons of freedom. They are an illusion of freedom used to trick you. You think you'll need them to protect you from your future potential oppressors, but your oppressors are here NOW right in front of your eyes oppressing you through economics. And you ain't seen nothing yet.

They want you to use that gun in your closet/safe as a litmus test for freedom. As long as you do that, they've got you playing their game and you are under their control. They can strip away habeus corpus, posi comitatus, redefine torture, wiretap all Americans without warrants, extraordinary rendition, start illegal wars, build the NAU infrastructure, put truent students in GPS ankle braclets and prison jumpsuits, etc., etc.

Good cop, bad cop. Good politician, bad politician.

That gun in you closet does you no good unless you use it. But if you use it, it does you no good.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I concur harry. The war in america is thru subversion of rights. No autoweapon in the world is going to defeat that.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I actually consider Bush and the Republican party to be very Liberal .. just a different kind. The supposed "issues" that make them different.. mm .. never been talked about once elected... the two parties are the two Liberal parties.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I concur harry. The war in america is thru subversion of rights. No autoweapon in the world is going to defeat that.

When the eroding of rights finally results in the scenario these men are talking about, I do believe direct control over a highly armed populace is damn near impossible. They can erode your rights on Paper, but so long as you have firepower they will never control you.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

No reason to be so harsh, I was simply requesting some information or a link. I was not challenging you only wanted to educate myself.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

So I'm confused. Illahee states that Obama has said he would outright ban all the firearms listed. There seems to be some confusion.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

So you guys are telling me your guns ensure your freedom?

I don't care how many rounds you can fire... when a M1A Abrams comes rolling through your front door; you're way more dead than your compliant neighbor who turned in their guns.

The battle was lost in the 40's. It was taken from us with the invention of heavy artillery.

Watch and learn freedom fighters... Survival is about escape in this situation x... Not standing up to an army as well armed and trained as the U.S. Military. Remember Waco? Remember Ruby Ridge? Remember the Civil War?

All proof that we cannot stand up to the Military as a citizenry.

If you want change, quit bitching and hiding behind your guns... Get off your asses and run for office. I'll take the old saying a step further... "If you don't run, you don't have a right to complain."

Welcome to America folks... You let it get this way by electing corruption and beauty over intellect and reason. And you've destroyed our country in so doing.

And yes... I've been running... I have every right to say this; because I am ACTUALLY fighting for change... Not just stamping my foot and complaining...

Coven, Out!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

There are places guns can go where Tanks cant. There are also other means of disabling tanks which make firearms smart to have.

I think a lot of our own military would turn on itself if it truly came to the SHTF scenario.

All I know is im buying an Ak-47 a pistol and literally tons of ammo before the year is over.

You can't have peace without war.

[edit on 8/24/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Isnt this the argument that is brought up against Democrats every 4 years. I have heard this, "The Democrats are going to take our guns away" for years now. I really dont see it happening, the logistical issues with trying to confiscate every gun in America is enough of a reason it wont happen.

Exactly! This isn't going to happen! By definition, gun owners wouldn't let it happen. This is a distraction to make people fear the government taking their guns away. A typical fear tactic.

Not gonna happen.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join