It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A blurred / blacked out area in Chukotka

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Several years ago I stumbled upon an area which is either blurred or blacked out on most map servers.

Wikimapia

yahoo

This area is in Russia, in a region called Chukotka.

A friend of mine who is close to the Russian political circles has expressed concerns that it is somehow connected to the recent military escalation between US and Russia.

Also the governor of this region is Roman Abramovich, who unlike other Russian oligarchs, did not flee Russia with the advent of Putin's authoritarian rule, nor was arrested, and even kept his position. It makes me wonder why, maybe he knows too much about this area ?..

Does anyone have any information on this?

[edit on 23-8-2008 by veles77]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by veles77
Several years ago I stumbled upon an area which is either blurred or blacked out on most map servers.

Wikimapia

yahoo

This area is in Russia, in a region called Chukotka.

A friend of mine who is close to the Russian political circles has expressed concerns that it is somehow connected to the recent military escalation between US and Russia.

Also the governor of this region is Roman Abramovich, who unlike other Russian oligarchs, did not flee Russia with the advent of Putin's authoritarian rule, nor was arrested, and even kept his position. It makes me wonder why, maybe he knows too much about this area ?..

Does anyone have any information on this?
[edit on 23-8-2008 by veles77]

en.wikipedia.org...

Censored by Google - "66°16′0″N, 179°15′0″E - Possibly a Russian ICBM Complex, near town Egvekinot, Russia [31]"

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by veles77

hi there,

you can see the area using flashearth page.
it is not very clear res, but still it is not a big black area like in the other map services.

www.flashearth.com...

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

I think it is much more secret than an ICBM complex, since it is in Russia, and blacked out on US-based map servers, it must be of global importance.
Other ICBM complexes are clearly visible on Google maps, see this for example.

The blacked out area is roughly 10 by 20 km, so it's way too large for ICBM.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by veles77

if you see my post above you will see it is not blacked out on all map services.

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hmmm... the site didnt work correctly for me... can someone post a screen copy on here please?
-Z-

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

The only image you can see , is when you use the open Aerial Image option and the area is blacked out just like all the others are?

On the NASA option I cant get any image, the option i mentioned is blacked out, and all the others want you to zoom way out before you can see anything, and then its the same, a big blacked out area?

Snoopy is there a way you can capture an image for us all to see please? this has definitely got my attention, why would a Russian base or whatever it is, be blacked out on American maps?

S&F to see what happens next.

Surely this is an ATS challenge?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have just gone through a lot of online satellite imagery sites, to look at this area that the OP posted, two things they all have in common, the area in question is either Blurred, or blacked out completely to hide what is there, and there is what appears to be dense smoke coming from the area that has been covered.

I really do think that this is a challenge to the Members of ATS,, a real mystery,, and i thought ATS members loved a good mystery? loved to find the truth,, and uncover the hidden,,

Lets see what you can do.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

if you use the the link i posted and use the microsoft virtual earth feature and click out you can see it, i will take a screenshot 2nite.
thans
snoopyuk

ok here is a screenshot it shows the blurred area in one map service and next to it is the area unblurred using MVE. it still has some haze/smoke over the area.

img402.imageshack.us...

hope it works
snoopyuk

edit to add screenshot

[edit on 25-8-2008 by snoopyuk]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Whoa, see how on the uncensored pic, the cloud line almost perfectly aligns to the censor box on the censored pic? Maybe they cut pasted a pic of before whatever was going on there? Thats coincidence for ya. Or is it just me?
Weird.
-Z-

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It's been doctored, just like the Mars rover images. smoke doesn't conform to geometrics. Shows you how careless and dumb they are to attempt it.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I put the above image on my desktop and zoomed in. I was correct. If you look carefully at where the dark green meets the light green you'll see the darker was added for our consumption.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
God that is so predictable. Even on uncensored images, its still CENSORED!! Im so sick of this garbage. I wanna take an incredibly fast fighter jet with awesome cameras above this place to see whats REALLY going on.
-Z-

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The smoke looks like it is part of the real image, there is no indication as to the cause?

Could the cause be what they are trying to hide? is there a way of telling what date these images where taken? i have to admit apart from it being Russia as said in the thread, i have no clue as to where exactly, maybe a severe accident of some kind on or close to the date the image was taken?

If we knew the date maybe there is a clue in news reports near the date, something that was brief and forgotten about, because it wasn't seeming to be important, if they blacked it out, then its important to me to know why, just because I'm nosy..

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Lmao, this is a conspiracy website... I DO believe we're all a bit nosy in one way or another. We dont call it being nosy though... we call it "debunking" which is a fancy word for nosy. It makes it O.K.

-Z-

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Thank you all for your research on this area and blackouts and doctored images, but I'd actually be more interested to hear from people who were there: did they notice anything unusual in this area? Anything that may shed some light on what is happening there? Maybe someone was flying over the area and noticed something?

The reason is, as I said before, a source told me that this area may be quite important in the current situation when we have a serious military escalation between the superpowers.

I know that this is a very remote area, and people are not allowed to enter Chukotka without a special permit from the government (even if they are Russian citizens) but there's a small chance someone who has been there is reading this and can help us all...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by veles77

The powers that be say that the average person does not need to know what is there so it is covered up

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I've recently been turned on to this mystery. The image is clearly doctored... and all satellite images have either a very fake looking area, or blacked out area. The Russian satellite images won't let me zoom into the far east at all. Google is going to be the best picture to use for identifying purposes until someone who has been there responds. The images on the other satellite views are unrealistic and unbelieveable.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well, I had to make an account to let you guys know I've been looking into this one for a while. Right now I have 5 images I'm really trying to take a look at. While I agree that there has been some serious work done to the map.live image of this area try comparing it side by side. I found 5 images on maps.live that look very interesting even in their low resolution state. These images are baffling. This is all speculation, but see for yourselves!
1. There is a small object that looks like a friggin missle taking off on this image. It is to the east in the middle of the blur.
2. Top of the blur near the west there is a strange geometric shape.
3. "Glowing" areas about the size of a football stadium that look like they have been retouched.
4. Near the south and to the east there are 6 blue spots, 4 large 2 small in the center. Definately looks man made to me, and judging by the scale it is large enough to be a nuclear missle facility, mostly underground.
5. Still can't shake the eerie fact that the smoke cloud is occuring just above the google blurred image and no snow in the area looks remotely like the ghostly smoke.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ace, could you please provide links to the images you're talking about? 'Cause I don't see any blue spots there or missiles however hard I try.
I saw some uncensored images of this area on one of the map sites, and they had 2 dark spots on the same place where the black rectangle is on yahoo maps. The pictures were taken in winter, and the rest of the area is snow-white for hundreds of km. Unfortunately I lost the links to the site.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join