It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the truth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I must say I am disgusted of what I see. I see people doubting the word... I see people testing the lord and then I see people who think they know Jesus. I used to be one of those who thought they knew Jesus. Until one day, I turned off my TV, turned off my computer, closed my history books and searched within myself . I felt ignorant, only because I did not know what to believe in or did not know my own reality. Then I opened my bible. In the bible I found all the answers I was seeking for. Seeking in my opinion is a very inspirational word. If you seek you shall find.

I do not believe in Fear, because Fear is caused by man.
Exodus 20:4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below."
Therefore I do not trust any physical thing in this world that causes fear (Corporations, Finances, Terrorism, MONEY)

I do not mock others people opinion. Especially those who speak false witness
Genesis 31:37 Now that you have searched through all my goods, what have you found that belongs to your household? Put it here in front of your relatives and mine, and let them judge between the two of us.
Therefore let every false witness has have its own trial.

I do not hold grudges and hate people.
1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

I do believe his word, and choose so to spread it among men
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

I am sinner. I have violated the real law of the land. I have died and now reborn and I thank Jesus for dying for my sins. I thank God for my life and for every single breath everyone on Earth takes. I believe everything in this world is created by God and through him I can see the invisible. I do not worry anymore because MY god teaches me anything you ask for in my name I will deliver. I put god in front of everything good and bad. Now if you feel this thread has spoke to you or have at least read this thread, it was because of God's will not your curiosity. It is time to know the truth, but it is up to you to accept this. You can read this and make you think, or you can read this and make you laugh. But you have now been officially warned: Hebrews Chapter 2 Verse1: We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. For if the message spoken by angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment, how shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him. God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just remember, what did it take for you to be born and alive today? So, why are you here? This is the devils world. The devils enjoys seeing the children laugh at, judge and kill their own father. However those who believe in his name shall not perish but have ever lasting joy.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solo954
Just remember, what did it take for you to be born and alive today?

Sex.

So, why are you here? This is the devils world.

Doesnt the bible say God created the world?

The devils enjoys seeing the children laugh at, judge and kill their own father.

Humans enjoy it more, thats why they do it.

However those who believe in his name shall not perish but have ever lasting joy.

I will rather perish than live under a God that lets people choose A or B, and if they choose B, they are thrown into Hell. I guess I care for people more than God himself!

You Christians should really get it into your head that good and evil comes from within every single human being, and nobody has only good or evil in them. You are not good or evil, you are a hybrid like everybody else.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

I personally find Christianity laughable. Do you really,truly believe that there is some god floating up in heaven? Do you really believe that after you die you will go to heaven and live in paradise for all eternity? Do you really believe that all you have to do to get into heaven is believe in this one god? Do you think that everyone else will be damned to hell for not bowing in submission to god. And based on these beliefs you think that god "so loved the world"? To me it sounds like a made up story by a few guys who ate to much ergot infected bread.
I am sorry for people who's lives must be defined by the belief in a completely unprovable premise, faith in god,to me, is a refuge for fools.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have seen family quit their job with a wife that has a high risk pregnancy. " But the Lord will provide," they say. Quitting a job in this economy is insane! Who's providing for them now? The Lord? Nope... their mommy and daddy are now footing the bill for a 30 yr old couple and newborn.

Religion is a big part of my extended family, but I just don't get it. I refuse to teach my kids about a fairy tale god that doesn't exist.

I don't need to be born again. I was born right the first time.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
No one else is standing up for the Solo954 so i will i guess.

Now first off i dont believe everything in the bible i believe what makes sense to me and i do believe that we should all atleast think about God and not just be close minded towards him like some of you are.

and maybe solo954 is just trying to open your minds to God is that so wrong he just wants you guys to believe what he believes and isnt that what this website is about.

and yes some people do take christianinty to an extreme level by quitting their jobs when they have a kid on the way but to me that isnt stupidity to me thats extreme trust in God and we should all have trust in God because in the long run its going to benefit us all.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Oh and a note to the OP i do think you should change the thread title because we dont know wether its the truth or not.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
No one else is standing up for the Solo954 so i will i guess.

Now I know how John felt after he was done with his work and he said, 'Who do you think I am? I am not that one. No, but he is coming after me, whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.'

Im sorry guys but maybe you still havent noticed your surroundings. You see the devil wants you to think about God as a physical form. God isnt a person a thing floating in space, He is a spirit and he is everywhere. It might be true sex created man, but if you want to get technical with it, How many sperm cells does it take to produce one child?, and how many sperm cells does a human produce through his lifetime? So what were the odds before you were born? So I can agree not everything inside the bible can make sense. But what does make sense to me is that there is one God. Jesus is the son of God, We are sons of God, therefore who is really Jesus? We cant be God because we didn't create the Earth or the heavens. So I guess Jesus would be a median? Dont you live under freewill as promised by god? Or I guess God made you to hate him. You must seek within the word and yourself and his presence will be known. Take these words only under consideration and I leave how Jesus ASKED me to, If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

You should listen to your own signature.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

Hello

I'm not sure what to say. Personally i believe the Bible has everything we need and is given to us by God.

It teaches about God, his plan and his love for us and how we can spend eternity with him.

I do not have a TV but i have PC and i do watch films and listen to very old music, mostly classical/instrumental

that said, I thank you for your opening post bu please be careful

Romans 12:3 KJV

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Others should not be judged for the things they cannot do, that we, through faith, can.

People should be taught and corrected and give issues to God in prayer. In time our faith is strengthend and God shows us his will and provides the strength to act upon it with the help of the holy spirit.

Ephesians 4:11-15 KJV

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

love those and pray for those weaker than you. lift them up, teach them, but don't be a stumbling block. We do see more and more Christians doubting the truth of the word of God, however, give praise to the Lord for this shows his words ARE TRUTH] for it is the prophecy of Paul the Apostle fulfilled. An indication of the times.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
1 Timothy 4:1

do not be saddened, re double your efforts and preach the gospel my friend

All the best

david

[edit on 15/08/2008 by drevill]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Doesnt the bible say God created the world?

good and evil comes from within every single human being, and nobody has only good or evil in them.

God did created this world. However Lucifer, who provoked the thought of Eve by transforming, made this world full of sin. Sin only exists in darkness where the Devil is in control, the devil then throws a whole arsenal at you for example stuff like FEAR, terrorism, greed, ignorance, temptation worries and so on so he attacks you by using Idols, things that are man made, Like Money, Credit Cards, Finances, careers, science, technology, ignorance and so on. With all these Idols in your mind fighting for control, the light does not shine. thats what separates us from the animals. Have you ever wandered why babies are so innocent?

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Solo954]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Personally I believe that religion is nothing more then a system of control for people that do not want to think for themselves and love to stick there noses in other peoples business rather then mind there own and look into themselves for there own problems and fix accordingly. Spirituality is not religion and believing in something greater then yourself is not religion that is Spirituality. If anything religion should at least be considered a stepping stone into finding out who you are and and why you are here nothing more.

I'm sorry OP but when i read your post it made me laugh, no offense as i feel people should be allowed to worship whatever and whoever they please but is it really necessary to push those beliefs on other people? My fiance was dumped onto the streets when she was 12 because her mother found Jesus and wanted to tell other people about Jesus, then borrowed a lot of money from a family friend to sell bibles in china which I understand didn't go all that well and still to this day has not repaid the money borrowed. She even sold her house she dumped her 3 kids out of and gave 3/4's of the money to her church and moved into a shody(spelling?) apartment. Why on earth would Jesus approve of that huh? What kind of caring all mighty god approve of such actions? I guess the kind that gets jealous. It's all crap in my opinion and yes that is my opinion take it or leave it that is all it is.

It also kills me that people put so much stock in a book rewritten how many times? and wrote most likely by a human that had a good idea on how to control people that didn't have the time or energy to think for themselves. FEAR is a universal motivator as well as pain but pain teaches a better lesson and doesn't make one shrink and hide in there own mind.

If I was a god that created a race I would rather that race figure out how to fend for themselves and see what there made of. I would want to see that there worthy of my presence by there actions not there worship. Them human race has a brain why do they not use it? I know that was a broad statement as some or a lot of humans do it's just the holier then thou few that make the loudest noise.

I see nothing wrong with religion other then it always starts violence, mistrust in your fellow man and gives one the apparent right to stick there nose where it does not belong. Then again some christians I know are not like that and generally want to help people maybe there not reading the same book? I never bothered to ask.

sorry for adding my 2 cents to your topic as I have been a hermit of sorts for the last 10 years or so due to my view on society. It makes me sad to see the things people due to each other. Rather then make an intelligent choice some would rather pounce on others in the name of the lord or the sake of just being mean cause there life is not as meaningful as it probably should be. Nowadays people are to concerned with themselves and self absorbed to care about anyone else, and the people that seem to care for others are just trying to control them and make them do things the way they think they should be done.

If you are a devout god worshiping religion maniac and would like to preach to others just look within yourself and see what kinda person you are and there is your god and that is the god you mimic. Are you a caring person? Or self absorbed self serving think others should be doing what you think they should do kinda person? I would most likely listen the the first one.

Flame me if you like as this is my personal opinion and would never think of pushing my beliefs on others. I just ask people to use there heads and think before you jump.

I apologize in advance for any bad punctuation as I have never been good at that but will start learning as it is relaxing to post on forums.

OP I did enjoy reading your post thou.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

Lucifer, Satan, the Serpent, and the Devil, and the Dragon, are all different entities in the Bible. It is the Serpent who tempted Eve, Satan, who is an Angel in Heaven who plays the role of Accuser in Job. The Dragon is the evil in revelation, the Devil refers to many evil beings residing in men. Why is it that these very different beings have all been lumped together to be the same entity?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

It's because different roles have given them different names, Old Hebrew names have meanings like Old English names like Smiths and Butchers as names and so did the names of the ancient times. So if the devil possessed a serpent and fooled Eve he will be known as that. If he says he is the morning star he will be known as that role, but Jesus took that morning star pride of name away from Satan as his defeat when Jesus rose from the grave. The Dragon and Beast are different aspects of Satan like a Satanic Beast Empire and the Dragon as his individaul name for the end times.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

reply to post by spookjr

You should listen to your own signature.

As should you

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
i think its nonsense, you say you have no fear but you live in fear of a god and his retribution if you dont live the way he wants you too. Religion deserves my respect no more than any other fanciful tale, look at something like scientology and you will see what your religion really is, a way for the few to dominate the many and maybe make some cash in the process, its entirely fear based. I was at a point were i envied people of faith now i just pity them. please dont interpret my tone as harsh because i dont mean this in any sort of malicious way its just the truth how i see it personally.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solo954Have you ever wandered why babies are so innocent?

I don't need to wonder why they are innocent. They are innocent bc they have not been corrupted with guilt and shame. The adults around them made sure to corrupt them by not allowing them to focus and learn in the moment through experience.

We have made sure to confuse them and keep them in confusion with our many interpretations of the world, the afterlife, morals, punishments and rewards.

The innocence of a baby is that they are in the moment. They are not concerned with "believing" a certain view or behaving a certain way to gain reward points for heaven. They are not concerned with whether their crying for food or bc their diaper needs changing will be seen as selfishness and worthy of everlasting torment.

Morals imposed that cause guilt and shame have corrupted their innocence and their ability to focus on the present experience and learn from that instead directing their attention away from that experience and lesson using rewards and punishments.

Satan doesn't take away their innocence... It is when we make them aware that they should be ashamed that we have destroyed their innocence. We have surpassed satan in his evil deeds

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That is the reason why the Word says, we will be born into sin. That is why Jesus died for me. Imagine this world if we all lived in the moment without knowing what evil is. There would be no such thing as religion. No such thing as evil. No such thing as corrupt minds. We would all be innocent and perfect (As were supposed to be). But were not, isnt that why Jesus died for? But there all I can do is show you the path, Im not pressuring my belief on any one. It is up to you to choose to pick up the word and understand it in your own view. I dont believe in taking the word literally because the bible wasn't written under our modern day IQ (Hence the many versions of the bible). You can only read and understand the bible for yourself. Not society. The mistake with spirituality is that people try to understand the bible with a group or under a society or religious influence. Thats wrong in my opinion, Jesus died for those who WANT to be saved thats why you have to look deep in you. Not those who choose to ignore the word. That's why some people find it difficult to understand the reality, because we are corrupt and trained to obey materials from birth. Otherwise their wouldn't be no true meaning behind "Faith". This is the reason why I know we live in the devils world. I wanted to provoke this kind of reading and conversation because I know someone will be reading everyones reply and the evidence will appear before themselves.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I feel if you need to be saved you shouldn't be screwing up in the first place. People know what is right or wrong yet they make the choice anyway. I also believe that asking for forgiveness is a cop out anyway...Like I'm going to mess with my neighbors wife and knock off the local Circle K maybe shoot the guy in the face for not giving me the money fast enough and then ask some fictional guy to make it OK so i can get into a fictional paradise, its all there to control the people that don't want to think for themselves they don't want to own up to there actions and be accountable for them. The word is treat people how you want to be treated. Think before you act.

again my opinion good post thou.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

Thank you for your opinion of what is to you the truth.
However, this is only the truth to you, so maybe you should have wrote a more appropriate title to your post, Something along the lines of "what I believe is the truth" for example.

Perhaps it would have been more appropriate for you to beging your preching career by posting on a christian message board.

If your desire is to let everyone know how the world is the place of the devil and were all going to hell as the end is imminant.
Cool , all us none believers have got the message, you should be very happy as your jesusgod is on his way to destroy everything including me . So you no longer have to concern yourself with world events as you and your fellow christians are saved and can go on with your soon to be ended lives.

Please dont say your just trying to save us non believers, just get it through your christian skulls "WE DONT WANT TO BE SAVED" by you, thanks anyhow so please leave us alone.

If by some miracle (LOL) your Jesusgod happens to be real, when he's done destroying the earth and all none believers, he's supposed to be judging us, well we can have a chat then.

Put on your tin foil hat jump in your bunker and party on as these should be happy times for you. Sorry I forgot, christians dont need tinfoil hats or bunkers .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join