It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a-10 ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

you die.
This has nothing to do with lasers.
If you know how a maglev (aka:floating train) works, then you should understand the basics of this weapon.
Its just magnets and a computer controlling there positve and negitiveness by electricity. A magnet will pull the projectile towards and when it gets up to it then the next magnet in line pulls it, all by using electricity to harness their push/pull power. then wave a wand and say "abra-cadabra", and POOF, you have a electromagnetic gun (aka:EM Gun or Railgun).

well actually there are manny diffrent types of rail guns.
the rails dont use magnets since they ARE the magnets. its like a copper wire. put some current through it and you get a megnetic field, a very crappy one but still a field.
now a rial gun puts electricity THROUGH the rails and there fore createing a magnetic field.
the maglev is similar and works almost the same.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
yes, the A-10 is still one of my favorite planes...... as Mad Max as a modern day aircraft can get......

I can't think of any other air design that shows potential to give longer service......(the B52 does not count!!!!!)

I have a horrible feeling that it will be a huge factor when the US and China finally decide to have it out.........

<< 1  2  3   >>

join