It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And None Dare Call It Treason—McCain Advisor's Georgia Connection - Patrick J. Buchanan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I predict MCain will win the presidency with a 98% probability. Why so certain? Presidents seem to be made on the inside..not voted for (sorry to burst the bubble of those that actually think our vote counts..then again perhaps I am wrong. I really wish this were true) Whosoever the CEO is in America, the Chairman of the Board, is unclear. I would like to say it was "The People"...but I am very skeptical now with all the meanderings up and down and back and forth. All this going back and forth "politik" in the media is sad indeed to add to the confusion..like the rally of a football game. Our government should not be elected like a football match, the coaches ringing out the winning team from the inside...those with money on one side and "The People" on the other. Indeed we should all sit down and think this one out rationally. Representitive government by "The People" is granted by our Constitution. Both parties have good candidates, but I fear that the epidermic contrast of the candidates themselves announce only one victor when it should be an even fair play. And it is true that whatever is needed should be change from the old ways of doing things for the better in the long haul.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker WeedWacker, It's Always Been About The Oil . What Was The First Thing That Our Troops Took Control Of ? The Oil Fields And The Pumping Stations .And Just Something Else , Whatever Happened To All The Tons Of Gold And Billions Of American Dollars That Were Found By Our Troops ? Where Did It Go ? Someone Has It . Funny We've Never Heard Anything More About That Isn't It ? I Can Pretty Much Guarantee That The Bush Cartel Got There Greasy Hands On It And Funneled It Out Of Iraq On Our Cargo Jets Back To The States . The Bastards Were Probably Drooling All Over Them Selves At The Sight Of All That Booty , And Couldn't Wait To Divey It Up .

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
I think now with Barak Obama choosing Joe Biden to be his running mate, Americians can see he has picked someone with 30yrs of experience under his belt. And he is damn sure not trying to start any wars or conflicts around the world.

I wouldn't get gushy over Biden just yet...I think he'd be willing to send U.S. to fight to defend Israel. Biden and Obama are just as Neocon-ish as the Mcain camp.

So America it looks like you want more of the same; More Wars, More Deaths, More Spending, More Neocons...This Nov America will make its bed and will therefore have to lie upon it!!

"I'm a Zionist" -Biden

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Actually,

Republican Jewish Coalition Executive Director Matthew Brooks explained that "with the selection of Senator Joe Biden the Democrat's ticket has become an even greater gamble for the Jewish community. Throughout his career, Senator Biden has consistently been wrong on Iran and his voting record on Israel has been inconsistent.

www.haaretz.com...

I guess Republicans will be looking for McCain to have a more Israel friendly VP as Obama choice is not to their liking.

Republicans will be such good sports and will be willing to allow American soldiers to die for Israel fighting Iran.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Gate.....not sure of your point?

Your entire concept comes from an edited piece from YouTube?

Seriously, anyone can edit anything, even if it's Obama or GWB or George Brown.....or Rosie O'Donnell to fulfill a certain agenda.

One could show Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch....and cut it different ways (which certainly has been done....but THAT WAS kinda weird, I admit)

Point it seems....at the end of the editing....looks a lot like Sen. Biden was being a typically Politician, and 'pandering' to his audience....at least what he thought was his 'audience'....the Israeli people.

BUT, at the time he was campaigning to be President. Now, and this is sort of rare, he has accepted the offer to be the Vice-President on the Party ticket.

I read this two ways --- he thinks he can 'bide' (no pun) his time for eight years and then become President in 2016.....or he actually thinks he can help this country in a better way, than he can from his Senate Seat....given his experience in office, and his position of Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee of the Senate.

We al already know that GWB is a figurehead.....and who actually controls him, behind the scenes.

Don't think we'll see THAT scenario in this match-up.....

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Hold the phone,

I find it funny that you post for your argument what Republicans say about Biden, but listen to what the Jews in the Democratic party are saying about Biden.

From the same Website:

Biden has 'solid pro-Israel record,' says head of Jewish Democratic group

The head of a major Jewish Democratic organization praised Barack Obama on Saturday for an "outstanding selection" in tapping Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware to be his vice presidential running mate. "Biden is a strong leader and great friend of the American Jewish community with extensive foreign policy experience and a solid pro-Israel record," Ira Forman, the executive director of the National Jewish Democratic Council said Saturday.

"Biden embodies the Jewish ideal of practicing tikkun olam ? repairing the world and has a strong commitment to issues important to the Jewish community including, civil liberties, reproductive rights for women, education, health care, the environment, opposition to radical right wing judicial appointees, combating violence against women, and maintaining a strong wall between church and state," Forman said. Advertisement Obama's selection of Biden balances his ticket with an older congressional veteran well-versed in foreign and defense issues.

www.haaretz.com...
I rather enjoy how the democrats, like to fool themselves and not look at reality. If it hisses like a Necon, slithers like a Necon, then it's a Neocon...

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Edited?

Just how is, "I'm a Zionist" edited? This interview was done by Israeli TV. and not doctored in anyway; it was a positive piece done by Israeli TV in order to highlight Biden's policy towards Israel.

If Biden refers to himself as a Zionist then obviously favors a policy, which is in support of the state of Israel. If support for Israel is the continuation of removing Palestinian settlement and protecting the Jewish state from perceived threats, regardless of American interest then according to Biden...so be it.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Gateway, not accusing you.....you found this video, you aren't responsible for it, of course.

I'm saying it was edited, you can clearly see edit points.

What I'd like to know is, what is the full context, of the interview?

EDIT here, since I can, and it's plain to see

The video ENDS with Biden's comment about being a 'Zionist'....

here's the funny thing....as far as I know, he's actually a Roman Catholic, when considering his 'faith'

SO....this coment either was edited around, and taken out of context....or he actually renounced his 'faith' as a Catholic???

OR, was just speaking, off the cuff, so to speak, to relay a friendly gesture to an Ally of the United States???

What do you think Diplomats do....??

He is, after all, the Chairman of the Foreign Relations Council, in the US Senate. Was he supposed to insult his Israeli hosts?? Yeah, it was political....but, hey, what isn't nowadays??

[edit on 8/24/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Gateway

Gateway, not accusing you.....you found this video, you aren't responsible for it, of course.

I'm saying it was edited, yo ucan clearly see edit points.

What I'd like to know is, what is the full context, of the interview?

No no... I do understand what you are saying. But it's difficult to argue that Biden is a person who is not in support of Israel and its policies. Let me put it to you this way...

According to his rhetoric and some of his voting stance clearly Biden is closer to Neocon-ish philosophy then say...a Jimmy Carter's philosophical views.

Jimmy Carter has never said, "I'm a Zionist". He has come-out clearly against Israel policy, and even as to boldly call it for what it is, "Apartheid". The statement made by Biden cannot be twisted from what it means. It is a statement that carries a lot of weight, should not be taken lightly, and is very telling on what he ultimately supports and no matter how you slice it, his statement cannot be downplayed.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

I hear your point Gateway...yet I would venture to say the Neocon and Zionist agenda has prospered more than ever during the past 8 years.

Personally I find it difficult to believe the majority of Jewish people support the Neocon agenda in the US or Israel. I could be wrong but my Jewish friends assure me that " we are NOT all Zionists!". Besides that these Neocons give me the CREEPS!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
reply to post by Gateway

I hear your point Gateway...yet I would venture to say the Neocon and Zionist agenda has prospered more than ever during the past 8 years.

Personally I find it difficult to believe the majority of Jewish people support the Neocon agenda in the US or Israel. I could be wrong but my Jewish friends assure me that " we are NOT all Zionists!". Besides that these Neocons give me the CREEPS!

You hit the nail right on the head. Most Jewish-Americans do not support Zionism and the policies that go with it. Unfortunately, these people are not making themselves known. AIPAC for the lack of a better word, "Sets" the JEWISH agenda and that Agenda is that of the LUKID party back in Israel. So AIPAC comes here to the U.S., and says to the Jewish community, "This is what Israel needs and must have your support". The power elite here or the Jewish money men, if you will don't question this policy, but abide by it and thus continuing to fund it. It is a cycle, the policy is set in Israel, and the Jewish power elite here, abide by it....

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Very interesting, and a thought-provoking concept, from someone who has a different perspective.

Frankly, I don't have a full understanding of many of these cultural concepts....but as I've pointed out, on another thread....Nationality and arbitrary 'borders' are gong to be the end of humanity, until we learn to throw those old notions aside.

AND, I accuse....(j'accuse) religion, for mixing it all up!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Gateway

Very interesting, and a thought-provoking concept, from someone who has a different perspective.

Frankly, I don't have a full understanding of many of these cultural concepts....but as I've pointed out, on another thread....Nationality and arbitrary 'borders' are gong to be the end of humanity, until we learn to throw those old notions aside.

AND, I accuse....(j'accuse) religion, for mixing it all up!!!

Possibly. I do have hope for the future and think the Jewish people here in the U.S. will soon have a louder voice to compete against AIPAC's aggressive Israeli foreign policy. Now that "J Street" has been created, maybe the American Jewish Money men will fund or support a more peaceful foreign policy.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I'm voting for a third party candidate, I urge everyone else to do the same.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Since when did becoming a war hawk translate into being a traitor. Randy Scheunemann is a war hawk, he was for the invasion of Iraq, and doesn't pretend differently, now that the war is unpopular. Obviously he supports Georgia. He called Obama delusional towards terrorism. Maybe he is right.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

I did because is two sides of the coin in the Jewish saga the ones that support the Republicans and the ones behind the Democrats, occurs the Jewish Democrats will support anything from their party.

One of the beauties of been open minded and no supporting any of the two main elite corrupted parties in this nation is that you can see both side with equality.

And for the Anonymous post he is right in America we the voters mean nothing anymore.

I agree with him McCain is more attractive to the agendas of the elite that Obama will ever be.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Nice post.

Your orig post references an article, which also references this article:

www.sourcewatch.org...

Randy Scheunemann

Randy Scheunemann was the President of the Committee for the Liberation of Iraq,

which was created by the Project for the New American Century (PNAC), of which he is a board member.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Gateway I don't think you know what Neoconservative actually means. It's a nice buzzword to throw around, but assuming someone is neoconservative because their foreign policy isn't isolationist is pretty dumb, no offense.

Biden and Obama are both extremely far away from neoconservatism. The irony of it all is that the real neocons grew out of the Trotskyian left until they left to join the Republican party in the 1980's, there are very few Democrats who can truly be described as neoconservatives today (Joe Lieberman is the only one who comes to mind).

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

I'd call Obama and Biden liberal elitists, who are just as bad as the neocons. Liberal elitists have no respect for the U.S. working class, and if anything look down upon the working class, especially the white male working class as bible thumping, gun toting, bigots.

The Liberal elitist want to take our taxes and pay for world wide charity programs and reparations for crimes that we did not commit, in a naive view of the world.

For a long time it has been quite evident that these world wide charity programs are no more effective than military activities in third world nations, in fact, probably worse, because the charity money just winds up in the hands of the cherry picked representatives of IC's. This leads to more wars, and more oppresion in third world nations.

Sadly, neither Obama nor McCain offer any new direction on U.S. foriegn, or domestic policy. Bill Clinton did, and Hillary probaby would have, and Obama has no respect for Bill, when he should be treating Bill like the mentor that he desperately needs.

Obama's choice of Biden cements his liberal elitist roots.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by counterterrorist

Scheunemann isn't the only lobbyist working for McCain's Presidential campaign!

I followed this link, John McCain/relations with lobbyists on the source/webpage you posted and it stated this about the McCain campaign.

During the 2008 U.S. presidential election, John McCain's relationship with lobbyists came under criticism from his Democratic opponents. The McCainSource.com website (which opposes McCain), stated on May 19, 2008 that "There have been as many as 118 lobbyists working for or raising money for McCain's campaign. To date, 3 lobbyists have been resigned their role due to conflicts of interests."[1]

There is a whole list of the lobbyists on that page.

It actually referenced another website for this list, this website also listed exactly who these lobbyists clients (bribers) were.

Here are a few of the lobbyists worth mentioning!

McCain Has Had At Least 133 Lobbyists Running His Campaign & Raising Money For Him

LOBBYIST ----------------------------------- CLIENT

Bonilla -------------------------------- Bangladesh, Panama

Burgeson ---------------------------- Government of Kurdistan

Edwards -------------------------------- Bangladesh, Panama

Loeffler ------------------------------------ Saudi Arabia

Molinari --------------------------------- Bangladesh, Panama

Pfautch ----------------------- Japan Fed. of Construction Contractors (?)

Powers -------------------------------- Islamic Republic of Pakistan

So Georgia wasn't/ isn't the only foreign entity "lobbying" McCain!

Should foreign countries or companies be allowed to influence our elected officials by lobbying or be able to donate money to their campaigns to try to influence our elections?

I say wholeheartedly, HELL NO!

They are SUPPOSE to represent us, the people who elected them, not some foreign interests!!

There was also ALOT of oil companies (BP, Exxon, ...), and companies that are looking for government bailout (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, ...).

[edit on 8/24/2008 by Keyhole]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join