It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you call this, need help....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
My husband in his sleep usually wakes me up almost if not every night with talking in his sleep not only that but in his sleep he is acting out his dream in his sleep? He literally does the actions of what hes dreaming about. Even though his talking drives me crazy this kind of creeps me out because he always does weird things. I have to wake him to snap him out of it. He does not sleepwalk however.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
my brother used to do this aswell. Apparently there is a part of your brain that stops you acting out your dreams. This can be affected by things like alcohol & temperature. If i remember correctly anyway!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
My last girl-friend told me I did the same thing. I asked her what I was saying and she said it was mostly mumbling, but I got the feeling she heard something and didn't tell me for some reason.

Notice, the past-tense form of girl-friend, for all I know I was vocalizing the details a vivid Alien-Orgy fantasy!...

Heck, I may still do it, but as long as I don't wake-up covered in blood, with an over-night unexplained gruesome murder in my town, I'm not going to worry about it too much.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This happens to me all the time. People can't stand it.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
OK there was many times he did say things that make me want to break up with him. But then i realised people do have dreams where they cna do anythign and be any wierd thing they want so i dismissed it. They are usually of sexual nature.
If i told him n=most of them he would definately be embarassed but then again we all have weird dreams like that.
One time he was gay in his dream telling this guy bob he loves him.
Another time he was mentioning a girls name asking her gestures ahem probably an ex.
Other itmes were just plain wierd and harmless. Even though those 1st two are alarming.
LOL well now i know what guys who think they are macho dream about hahahaha.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Vivid REM
Some of these people when they trip in their dream you can see their body trip etc...

Al you can do is make sure that before he goes to sleep he writes down a list of things on his mind & tell himself to sleep in peace, before he actually falls asleep.

If that doesn't help.

Go to match.com and look trough available husbands there. That might help too. Good luck!

* Let him see a doctor and make the dude some Valerian tea before bed

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Stagesamurai]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
My girlfriend does something similar to this. She never remembers anything she says or does, but she can give you a full description of at least 5 dreams a night the next day. It gets a bit annoying when she's battling demons or being chased by someone or something.

Anyway, does anyone know of any possible treatment for this kind of thing?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
My hunny does this, I can even ask him questions while he is in this state and he answers although the answers don't usually make any sense. I laugh my booty off about it though. Some of my most entertaining moments have taken place listening to him!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
LMAO space cadet i do too. Somettimes when he talks sometthing, i aquestion him and he will answer nicely or get angry.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by meadowfairy

One time he was gay in his dream telling this guy bob he loves him.

...LOL well now i know what guys who think they are macho dream about hahahaha.

You realize the Wrath you have wrought upon yourself if this thread is discovered by said partner, right?

top topics

join