It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musings about Massachusetts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Wow..What an awesome thead, Maybe the most interesting thread I have come across so far, I wish I was able to snoop around at the places described. Who knows how far the tunnels may actually go, Its like the rumors of a tunnel that connects Mt Weather to the Pentagon and White House.Great thread and I hope to read more interesting postd from you....

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

These posts may have helped answer something thats been bothering me for over 8 months.

I also live in Central Massachusetts. In April of this year my brother and I revisited a camping area that we frequented while we were kids and teens. We hiked the area for about three hours. (deep woods, a lake, swamppy areas and some open areas).

The strange thing is that we didn't see one animal the whole time. Absolutely nothing. This is an isolated area (600 acres) well off the beaten path. When we camped we would see hundreds of chipmunks and squirrels. We would also see deer, fox, flying squirrels, rabbits, all kinds of birds and an occasional snake.

The other intresting thing is that this place has a live on premisis full time ranger. He is a retired State Police Officer and was security or bodyguard to a former Massachusetts Governor. He was spotted twice while we were hiking the grounds. He may have been following us the whole time, but I thought nothing of it at the time.

Just last week my brother recalled how "weird" it was that we didn't even see a bird the whole three hours.

Could this place be a rabbit hole? Any other ideas?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I can add a little more to this thread.

BOTH my cats went missing 3 weeks ago. I was told there isnt one cat left in Marstons Mills or Hyannis and surrounding villages. (ayup. villages)

I was taking care of my sons cats and now i dont know what to tell him and the kids.

Its kind of strange, but the last time they went out, as they did daily, they both jumped on my lap, something they never rarely did, i hate to say it, and i'll be blasted for this, but i am not a real cat lover because i do have allergies, and they were very loving and i kissed them both and thought, they are so wonderful after all........ and they never came back...

Maybe this is the rabbit hole.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I can add a little more to this thread.

BOTH my cats went missing 3 weeks ago. I was told there isnt one cat left in Marstons Mills or Hyannis and surrounding villages. (ayup. villages)

I was taking care of my sons cats and now i dont know what to tell him and the kids.

Its kind of strange, but the last time they went out, as they did daily, they both jumped on my lap, something they never rarely did, i hate to say it, and i'll be blasted for this, but i am not a real cat lover because i do have allergies, and they were very loving and i kissed them both and thought, they are so wonderful after all........ and they never came back...

Maybe this is the rabbit hole.

This situation and your cat's reaction can be much more plausibly explained by the large presence of coyotes on the Cape. Living just north of that area, I have seen them on my property in broad daylight, just a stone's throw from my house.

Keep you cats indoors if you live near a wooded area.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ironwolf

missing animals and insects are a common thing near and around underground tunnelling as experienced in ellijay, georgia - "rabbit holes - searching for alice" thread; structural damage to homes and uplifted trees are as a result as well.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thanks folks for still holding an interest in this. Since I no longer live in the Cape Cod area and want to try to research this without telling the world, much of what I need to do from now will have to be done in person. I am certainly making the trek down to the Cape in the springtime to do some more poking around. I will share my findings with you all. I have nothing significant to report yet.

By the way, none of this is near Marstons Mills, though I do realize the toxic runoff from the base affects things in the town, as well as who-knows-what else in the area.

EDITED TO ADD:

I am a resourceful person, but not familiar with doing research in regards to land ownership transactions and whatnot. If anyone can assist me in perhaps using an online database or pursuing this from afar, please post here or U2U me with some suggestions.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by therainmaker]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

as for gilmer county (ellijay, ga) i access the tax commissioners/assessors office and do a search by address, property owner, land lot number, etc. as w/gilmer county it shows parcel number and may w/adjacent properties. thought you might be interested. theresa

top topics

<< 1   >>

join