It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental health issues abound on ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Taledus

Strangely, although you say you are diagnosed with some mental illnesses...I do not get that from your posts. To me, you seem to be extremely aware of subconscious thoughts. As if they do no longer exist. Is that a "mental disorder?" I don't know. It sounds to me, that, to a large extent, certain people are trying to keep you down, or should I say...dumb you down.

I'm no psychologist, but this is what I've gathered from the info you supplied us with. I hope all goes well for and you do what you continue to do best; create. Hopefully all your creations will be used for the betterment and fulfillment of happiness toward humanity.

If you are suffering from some kind(s) of psychosis...you're a mad genius man.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602 I spent days trying to rationalise this searching every corner of basement.

That right there is the difference. You spent days RATIONALIZING it. You did not have one weird experience, and immediately jump to the conclusion that Earth was being invaded by a malevolent race of small shadowy aliens, or that it was one of Satan’s minions set on capturing your soul.

“Seeing” something is one thing, immediately coming up with bizarre complex theories is another thing entirely.

I think some are trolls, and some people are a bit touched. And I am sure this forum attracts them, plus depending on the topic (like demons) they will have tons of people confirming their odd theories and coming up with a lot more within hours of a single incident. The demon stories always get me, the vast majority happen while the person is in bed either waking up or going to sleep, and yet they generate a ton of replies stating it must be a demon with absolutely NO attempt at rational discussion. I guess its a religious thing, but it is ridiculous to the point of extremely annoying.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I was sent from the future to destroy the Toaster Uprising of 2010.

With that being said its just a joke. No issues here

I am amazed to see how many Medications have been marketed since the late 80's and upward I've seen them go from Magazines, then to billboards, to radio. tv, and now Every site that has the Slightest thing to do with a medical issue.

Blows my mine how we have 5 versions of the same thing, yet each one has their pros an cons, if only they'd combine them together an make one all around drug. But yeah there's no money in that. Gotta have a Multitude of Meds for each problem, if for anything else to charge for each Economic class.

Good day Atsers. Enjoy yourselves.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Mmm, Mental health issues.....a bit strong really to state this as there maybe people here who do have issues....but that doesn't mean that what they see is not real to them....I know it was a film but remember the bruce willis one (can't remember the name sry) where the little boy said "I see dead people"
Yes maybe saying that you have been abducted by aliens (but remember in their mind they may have been) or you are being collected from this planet and being taken to another (now that could be a suicide note) some people express themselves this way cos in "real" life they have no one to talk to,they do need help but maybe rather then ridicule them they need to be pointed into the right direction to obtain this help.....just a thought...
Or possibly as it was said kiddies having a right old game in thier summer hols....bored making up elaborate stories cos mum & dad at work and they have nothing better to do....what active minds they have....

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcabII
reply to post by Taledus

Strangely, although you say you are diagnosed with some mental illnesses...I do not get that from your posts. To me, you seem to be extremely aware of subconscious thoughts. As if they do no longer exist. Is that a "mental disorder?" I don't know. It sounds to me, that, to a large extent, certain people are trying to keep you down, or should I say...dumb you down.

I'm no psychologist, but this is what I've gathered from the info you supplied us with. I hope all goes well for and you do what you continue to do best; create. Hopefully all your creations will be used for the betterment and fulfillment of happiness toward humanity.

If you are suffering from some kind(s) of psychosis...you're a mad genius man.

LOL...It is not me who says I am diagnosed, it's the doctors
I look at myself as someone who has ideas "given" to him...from somewhere

I am told I am very manipulative because I can make anyone believe anything I tell them. Not because I can "dream" up some pretty far-fetched stories, but because I approach an explanation with 3 things: truth, logic, and facts. The psychiatrist I was going to quit asking me to validate what I "believed" to be true because he only had an hour with me and did not want to spend the time learning why Einstein's field equations are wrong just because of a vision I am presented with.

If I were to tell people that I was abducted, they would believe me because I would be able to provide some sort of tangible evidience and logic based theory behind it. Now, though I have never been abducted or claim to have been, I do not doubt what other "crazy" people say, just find it hard to believe when the have nothing factual other than thier story.

I have seen one UFO in my area about 13 years ago while driving down the road. Two of my close friends were with me. But this was a true UFO, whereas it was an Unidentified Flying Object...we were unable to acertain exactly what it was even though it was only like 30ft off the ground, moving fast, and silent. It was the weirdest thing we had ever seen...but it was not something like "Unidentified Flying OMFG they are coming to get us, and I saw little green men", etc. We simply think the military facility a few miles off was running some sort of test in our area with a new type of craft.

I don't talk about it much here as back then cell/camera phones were not normal to have just because you needed them, and I never just carried around my 35mm for fun and profit, so I have no proof aside from 2 very close friends...but when you look how friends can come up with something off the wall (the recent bigfoot finding), I would not doubt that we would be seen as "hoaxers".

But I do think sometimes like others here that some people are bored and lonely, simply wanting others to recognize thier presence here on this earth. But usually when I cross a post that does not adhere to my "Crazy people seeing things with factual evidience" theory, I just pass it along as helpless people just want others to feed them. Even a crazy person like me can decide what is worth my time to converse about when there is much more that I can beneficially take part of. Some of the people I was around in the institutions wanted to be seen as crazy, just so thier checks would keep coming. As I have no monthly check coming in the mail, I have no reason to talk about "unfactual non-sense."

I am not trying to take away from the original OP with my discussion. I simply want to point out that even though mental illness has increased with the US population in the last 10 years, and I have been diagnosed with too many disorders associated with my name, not all mentally ill people come here to post illogical nonsense. After my posts on this thread I do not doubt that people will take my opinions seriously since I admit to being mentally ill...I just hope that the evidience I would provide with any claims I state to be the truth would be taken into consideration.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This place has mental issues? NEVER...........

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thank you for the kind words Sonya. As I said. I don't/didn't expect 'anyone' to believe me. It was a major head shock for someone who is clinical by nature and employment. You have every right to belittle me. I would not believe such a tale myself. But...it happened, to me.
'Immediately coming up with bizarre complex theories' sonya. No. I simply stated my experience. Which was highly disturbing. If you wish to make light of this, by all means do. But don't make up stuff that I never said.

[edit on 8/24/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Lately though I have found that there are an awful lot of people with mental issues on here. These people claim to be abducted by aliens, see things in photographs that simply aren't there, claim to see things or be things that are impossible and a lot of other claims.

Sounds an awful lot like prime time American TV, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
If you wish to make light of this, by all means do. But don't make up stuff that I never said.

Wow...you are defensive! I was NOT making light of it, I said the difference is you RATIONALIZED the incident and you looked into various possibilities (by searching your basement). You stated that you and your dog definitely saw something (which I completely believe based on how you told the story) and you investigated, but you don't know what it was.

My point was many on here would NOT bother, they would run and post it and within minutes (with no other possibilities even being discussed) they would have come up with some over the top whacko theory about the incident, and conclude that "it" must have an agenda and "it" probably has a bunch of friends and then they would be asking for excorcism tips.

For the record I once had a supernatural experience too, as it happens it was independently verified by another (same night same experience, no stories shared). I know it happened, without a doubt, but I have no idea what it was, so yeah I do believe you.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

I've noticed this as well. I don't think the majority of posters have this problem but there is a significant minority who post complete nonsense and push it as fact.

I hate to say this but my thought is that they came out of the woodwork with Mr. Lear. In my opinion, his wild, completely unsubstantiated claims, allowed for others to feed off and modify them for their own reasons.

I believe the primary reason for making these fantastic claims is to make that person feel special. To put that person above the crowd and give them a sense of being needed because of what they know.

Of course this is all just my opinion based on observation. Take it for what it's worth

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Now I get it Sonya. It was not easy to explain this happening for me. Sorry I became defensive. But I'm sure you can understand. I am the last person in the world that would make up some freakoid incident.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Now I get it Sonya. It was not easy to explain this happening for me. Sorry I became defensive. But I'm sure you can understand. I am the last person in the world that would make up some freakoid incident.

Though I will say, the part about it sitting next to the door and asking to be let out, that just screams domestic animal (cat maybe) to me. Perhaps a cat lived there and passed on?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Very possible. However the timeline with Noory on c2c saying he was seeing shadow critters everywhere is suspect. A warp in the physicality of the world? I have no clue. But I will never forget it.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Define mentally ill. Most think Im mentally ill but when you think about it. These are the very ones that think they have a part in the American Election process and will most probably be at the polls voting Nov 2008.

Yes I'm talking to you...Remember Skull vs Skull ? Bush and Kerry? Yet you participated..... kinda like a mentally ill person

[edit on 24-8-2008 by fastwalker23]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Very possible. However the timeline with Noory on c2c saying he was seeing shadow critters everywhere is suspect. A warp in the physicality of the world? I have no clue. But I will never forget it.

If Noory said "critter" that maybe a clue. It sounds very animal, and the fact your dog chased it like it was an animal is another clue. If it was something super scary and dark your dog would have growled and tried to warn it off.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I never saw that dog take off on something like that in my life. He definitely wanted a piece of it. I spilled half my coffee down my shirt. It was surreal.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Fastwalker...we are all mentally ill to a lesser or greater degree. Voting for Bush would put you in the greater realm.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Please say it isnt so ..Is it catchy ?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
LOL. Shake my hand. Honest, I'm not contaminated in the least. You won't feel any pain.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

OH!
Good to see you here and posting about your thread.
Awesome thread that!
I wanted to direct the OP to your post, but, being new here, well, was going to wait around a bit first.

Thanks again

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join