It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Susan Eisenhower leaves the GOP for Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
www.nationalinterest.org...

I have decided I can no longer be a registered Republican. For the first time in my life I announced my support for a Democratic candidate for the presidency, in February of this year. This was not an endorsement of the Democratic platform, nor was it a slap in the face to the Republican Party. It was an expression of support specifically for Senator Barack Obama.

...My decision came at the end of last week when it was demonstrated to the nation that McCain and this Bush White House have learned little in the last five years.

I respect her courage. Many republicans realize that McCain= Bush, but it really takes guts for such a bold move.
Thank you Susan =)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Thanks for the link. That is definitely interesting to see a devout memeber of any party switch alligence!

I honestly believe the world is a much different place than it was 50 years ago. I'm from generation X and I can already see differences between us and generation Z. Things are changing fast as our evolution speeds up and I think Obama is younger and more in touch with the real world than McCain. I really respect McCain for his services, but I think the 21st century demands someone different.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

The ever changing TheOracle.... ( new new avatar )

Yes good find indeed. I think the Republican party has completely rotted down to its core. I think the Rove era petty sneakery that has become so common practice,
is at the root the GOP's meltdown.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I don't buy into the party junk. As far as I am concerned they are all bought and sold with pacs. The fact a descendant of Eisenhower (the famous military industrial complex speach) has stepped up to the line is however very interesting.
Perhaps the seeds of change are emerging.

I liked Reagan. And I know flame me, I liked Carter. Clinton kept us in prosperity for eight years and left us with money in the charter. Now where are we?

[edit on 8/23/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

As much as I hate saying this I kind of agree with you....A little bit. I liked Nixon and hated Clinton and Carter......But other than that I am 100 percent behind that post

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
www.nationalinterest.org...

I have decided I can no longer be a registered Republican. For the first time in my life I announced my support for a Democratic candidate for the presidency, in February of this year. This was not an endorsement of the Democratic platform, nor was it a slap in the face to the Republican Party. It was an expression of support specifically for Senator Barack Obama.

...My decision came at the end of last week when it was demonstrated to the nation that McCain and this Bush White House have learned little in the last five years.

I respect her courage. Many republicans realize that McCain= Bush, but it really takes guts for such a bold move.
Thank you Susan =)
Whats funny is a lot of democrats love McCain. The only reason they are criticizing him is because of party loyalty, I can find you several bills democrats have worked on with him. On top of that Kerry almost had him as a VP last election, there plenty videos of democrats showing their support for mccains experience (over obama).

One republican shows up saying shes no longer a party loyal and all of a sudden a "many republicans think McCain = Bush". Doesnt really make sense.

But I will also add that in the past the republicans have not favored McCain due to being too liberal and voting against party lines.

new topics

top topics

join