It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-ton La Joya woman indicted in nephew's death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

I say not even vegetables, just rice cakes. Unflavoured rice cakes.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Ok....so now you're all just being silly...as tempting as it might be to feed her unflavoured rice cakes....Ben, that's just wicked...not even I would enjoy that!...the point is here that the child's death may well have been an accident that she couldn't prevent, and she is ill enough herself to need treatment. Yes, it's terminal laziness and hellish food, but she and many others need treatment and re-education. At 1000lbs, she probably can barely move, and if the child got into something he shouldn't have, there would have been very little she could have done...we don't know the facts yet, so mocking her for being ill isn't too grown up. It's all too sad.

Cait

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
27 years old and weighing in at 1,000 pounds. What has this obese chick been doing besides eatin fast food non stop. How could something this big even swat a kid in the head. Maybe she had a bat or club because using her open hand or mighty big hams would be out of the question.

There was a big obese judge recently on tv who was being removed from the bench cause she made her bailiff rub her feet and other bizarre things. This burgermeister motored around in a power chair with oxygen to her nose.

How do people get like this and why are they not under some type of medical regiment to lose weight.

Unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Good Grief she has not even been convicted yet, innocent until proven guilty is just a bunch of BS. The minute someone is arrested and most people assume their guilty. I don't know if she did it or not, a two year old baby is dead either way, I hope the person who is responsible pays dearly.

I wonder how they are going to get her into a court room to have a trial? I guess they will do it by webcam or something like that.

I wonder what the poeple who are taking care of her are thinking to continually serve her amounts of food to maintain that weight? They could cut down her portions and serve her only what a doctor ordered and take her phone, so she could not order any take out. As someone else said there comes a point where someone needs to intervene.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by goose]

Goose- I have seen documentaries on these 1000+ lb people and it is really hard for the family to deal with them. Up to the point they were bedridden they were able to go out and buy the enormous amounts of food themselves. Once they are bedridden they torment the family and cry and wreak havok until they get their way. Its like drugs and the relationship of the enabling family members who provide the "fix". To get peace, they give the person food so they can go on with their lives. They also might be faulted with negligence if they abandon someone who is bedridden. It sucks all around for everyone involved.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

That post was more tongue in cheek than anything

reply to post by raven bombshell

Right you are, food is literally a drug to some people.

One episode of Intervention featured a morbidly obese man and his addiction to food.

Everyone has their drug of choice. For some people eating gives them an escape from reality.

People suffering from bulimia go through the same thing. They gorge on insane amounts of food because the food gives them a mental high while they eat, as well as an escape. The only difference between bulimia and morbidly obese people is that bulimics throw up the food after they're done binging.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by ben420]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012

She explained away the injuries by saying she had slipped, landing with her right hand on Eliseo's head while trying to pick him off the floor, and that he fell off a chair.

A few small questions in the reasoning behind her stated "defense"...As already pointed out, if she's bedridden, then how could she get up to try picking him up off the floor...And then how could she then get the child into a chair for him to fall out of later? Which happened first, the child falling out of the chair or her trying to pick him up? Was she reported to have called any medical emergency services for the kid? Even bed-ridden, it would only be prudent to keep a telephone within reach anyway.
I mean...really now...How could that defense hold up in court, I have no idea...I can't even figure out how the floor under her bed holds up.

Since she can't fit through her own doors, why not set up a 2-way video connection direct to the courtroom to conduct her trial?
If convicted, she's already effectively imprisoned in her own house...But the judge could commute the sentence to include home-visit personal trainers & other medical experts in weight loss (sic Richard Simmons on her--I swear, that man is so irritating that she'd probably lose the weight just to get him out of her house) until she gets skinny enough to fit through her door & finish her sentence in jail.

I swear, lawyers & judges are supposed to be smart just to get through law school, but evidently not smart enough to solve a problem like this...Legal minds are sometimes the most hide-bound mentalities that can't cope with the really "heavy" issues.

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Man it would sure suck to draw her as a cell mate

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you...They may have to rent the elephant pen at the local zoo...

Originally posted by goose

Originally posted by BBTBE
I think they should chop her up and feed her to the poor. Honestly that all she would be good for.

After a statement like that, guess who is never coming to your house for dinner? LOL

Sort of lends new meaning to a question asked by the hostess at a house party..."Would you like some finger food?"

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
I love how the "glandular" issue enables them to literally suck fat out of thin air.

Actually, that could be a viable reason...In some cases. My Dad suffered from an over-active thyroid gland & wound up loosing too much weight. The doctors put him on some treated iodine pills & he eventually regained enough weight to put him back where he was supposed to be. Also, my Sister had an under-active thyroid problem & got pretty wide-in-the-beam, but similar treatments haven't worked for her.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I really want to sit just out of reach from her and eat buckets of KFC, bags of burgers, chocolate cakes, and pretty much every tasty bit of crap that she would eat, unplug her phone so she cant order in, and just do this every day for a few years, rotateing the people eating all that crap though, dont they end up like her, only give her water, there must be enough fat on her to keep her alive for at least a decade.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Struck by I wonder what... It's crazy how a person that obese can even lift something. I take it that people that large, bedridden or not are naturally very angry at the world. It must have taken some extreme anger and force for it to lift something to smash the child. Not saying it didn't happen, because I know of a women almost La Joya ladie's size who smashed a dog with a coffee table, claiming "it always gets in the way oh well." The dog has petit mal seizures but somehow is still alive. It's extreme animal abuse but she got away with it.
Lawyers will try to get the La Joya out of prison due to size, but I figure if put on a diet long enough, she'll eventually fit into a cell or maybe they would put her in a mental ward. That is of course, in the case of being guilty.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by dreamingawake]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
The glandular issue may have played a role, but when you don't drink anything aside from RC Cola, eat nothing but fast food in obscene amounts, and do absolutely nothing through the course of the day to burn callories, you're gonna end up in a pretty dire situation.

I love how the "glandular" issue enables them to literally suck fat out of thin air.

I think those poor starving African's would benefit massively from a bit of gene-splicing here; if they can isolate the gene that means they manage to put on three pounds for each pound of food eaten, the world food crisis is pretty much solved!

I agree with you completely though, when your weight is being considered in the same league as the animals in your local zoo, it's time to wonder if you are a detriment to society or not.

Please read up on the thyroid gland and what happens to a person who has low thyroid (hypothyroidism) as opposed to high thyroid (hyperthyroidism). The body needs to function at a level that is considered normal, so when this tiny little gland goes haywire the results of it's influence on the body is shocking, considering how small the gland is.

Ever heard of a word called metabolism? Well the thyroid influences this greatly and I am sure you have seen those people skinny as a rail who can't sit still, can eat tremendous amounts of food and never gain an ounce, they are sometimes suffering from hyperthyroidism.

Others are at the opposite end of the spectrum, can eat less food than most and gain weight, they are not moving all of the time they are sluggish, tired, and depressed, these people are suffering from hypothyroidism.

All of this is caused by a tiny little gland called the thyroid, and I have not even gotten to how it can influence the overall health and if not treated by medication, observations kept on the levels to get someone on the right level and keep them there. I suffer from hypothyroidism and my doctor has assured me if I go without this particular medication and don't take care of this, it can kill me.

So while glandular problems seems like an easy out and an excuse, it is not, it is a real medical problem people suffer from.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell

Goose- I have seen documentaries on these 1000+ lb people and it is really hard for the family to deal with them. Up to the point they were bedridden they were able to go out and buy the enormous amounts of food themselves. Once they are bedridden they torment the family and cry and wreak havok until they get their way. Its like drugs and the relationship of the enabling family members who provide the "fix". To get peace, they give the person food so they can go on with their lives. They also might be faulted with negligence if they abandon someone who is bedridden. It sucks all around for everyone involved.

I realize this, but at some point someone has got to be strong enough to let that person yell and scream and rant and rave and close the door and turn the tv up loud until meal time.

My poor brother was an alcoholic, (lost him at age 45 to cancer) he came to me in the middle of the night begging me to take him for treatment. I called and got him accepted and took him to a treatment center an hour and a half away and me and hubby took him.

About four days later, (we had to wait, it was required) me and my mother drove there and took him some extra clothes and gum and stuff like that, he was happy to see us, he looked like he was doing well.

Then as we left he told me he was going home with us. My mother was all about taking him home (enabler). He is practically in tears begging me to take him home, I said no. I left him there to get treatment and help.

My mother fussed at me and called me a cold hearted person. He hitch hiked home a few days later. But bottom line, I made the right decision (for us all) because someone had to be strong enough to do that. Did it hurt? Yes, of course, it did, but I knew it was the best thing I could do for him.

So could I close the door and ignore someone, screaming and crying and begging for food? As long as I knew I was making sure they had nutritious food that would bring their weight down and improve their health, you betcha.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by goose]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by goose

Goose,

That's a really sad experience with your brother...my heart goes out to you. I completely agree with you though....sometimes "cruelty" and not giving in is the kindest thing to do. In terms of this woman's weight, when she first got to the point where she could no longer move, or chose not to move becasue people were looking after her, and allowing her to get away with it....if someone had been strong enough around her to say enough is enough and no you can't have al you want to eat lying in bed, then her life would be different, but I'm sure she would have learned pretty quickly how to get her own way with all kinds of emotional manipulation. Nutritional education isn't all it's supposed to be either...possibly her family were eating the same kind of food as her and not having a problem, (although I guess in different amounts.), and just didn't have the information to make sure she lost weight.

Maybe she is as guilty as sin over this, but there are still too many unknowns, to make that call.

Cait

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I went to the linked story and saw her photo.... Weird, but I think I felt some sort of "will" emanating from her picture trying to over power me.. I had difficulty looking her picture in the eye...
It must be just the expression on her face that was doing it... but sometimes I wonder if there's more to this reality than we usually suspect.

Anyway, my daughter is two, so I would have difficulty being objective in this case. Suffice to say, I really don't care for Mayra Lizbeth Rosales' well being...

[edit on 25/8/2008 by Recouper]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join