It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-ton La Joya woman indicted in nephew's death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
1000 pounds?! Is that even humanly possible???

I wonder why they set a bond - I don't see her getting on a plane any time soon.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

True. She's already trapped in a 875 pound prison, the waste of breath.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I think they should chop her up and feed her to the poor. Honestly that all she would be good for.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Good Grief she has not even been convicted yet, innocent until proven guilty is just a bunch of BS. The minute someone is arrested and most people assume their guilty. I don't know if she did it or not, a two year old baby is dead either way, I hope the person who is responsible pays dearly.

I wonder how they are going to get her into a court room to have a trial? I guess they will do it by webcam or something like that.

I wonder what the poeple who are taking care of her are thinking to continually serve her amounts of food to maintain that weight? They could cut down her portions and serve her only what a doctor ordered and take her phone, so she could not order any take out. As someone else said there comes a point where someone needs to intervene.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by goose]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBTBE
I think they should chop her up and feed her to the poor. Honestly that all she would be good for.

After a statement like that, guess who is never coming to your house for dinner? LOL

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
A point that has been completely missed here is that people at the extreme end of obesity are themselves ill. Whether it's a mental illness that makes them continually crave food as comfort, or a physical imbalance of hormones....or whatever....to get to this stage of obesity is a huge signal that the person is very sick and needs help....whether of not she actually killed the child.

People in this state can be very manipulative when what they want is more food and will be very good at gettting their nearest and dearest to supply it...I guess it would be difficult not to comply if you're with someone all the time in this situation, and don't know how to fix it. It's a complicated issue, but the poster who mentioned huge amounts of fast food and no activity was entirely correct....this is a modern problem, where it's all too easy to sit and have empty, fat filled calories fed to you. Regardless of what happens about this child's tragic death...which has still to be decided....this woman would not have been the weight she is on vegetables and lentils.

Hopefully the justice system will do it's thing and find our the truth about the baby's death.

Cait

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
1000lbs.
What was she doing in a bed?
A day off from the circus?
And was that kid really 2 or one of the other side show peeps?
Ugh, enough of that.

Seems to me it's common sense not to mix a bed ridden 1000lb chick and a 2 year old.
What was this woman doing, babysitting?
And, I mean, how does a 1000lb woman get close enough to a 2 year old to give it a smack???
What, lure him to her bedside with a Twinkie?

It’s so scary.
I mean that has got to be one of the most dysfunctional scary things I’ve read in quite a while.

Eeekk, I so did not need to know this info.
But it keeps me real.

...need some crackers with that whine...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I say lets just continue to feed her to see how large she will get!!

Make big deal about it. Get Geraldo on the case from Fox, make a Spielberg movie out of it, it would be HUGE!

We can capitalize on this folks!

PS. Yea I thought it said LoJolla as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
How did she ever manage to catch a two year old?? Mine could run faster than I could when they were that age!! ( ....and I was in fairly good shape...)

Are all of the facts in?? Why in the world did her sister leave the child with her in the first place?? ( I believe the article did mention that the mother had been charged as well.....certainly she contributed to the toddler's death....)

Even if she'd been able to get in one blow as the child ran past her, how would she have been able to reach him for the second?? Surely there's more to the story??

[edit on 23-8-2008 by frayed1]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
The glandular issue may have played a role, but when you don't drink anything aside from RC Cola, eat nothing but fast food in obscene amounts, and do absolutely nothing through the course of the day to burn callories, you're gonna end up in a pretty dire situation.

I love how the "glandular" issue enables them to literally suck fat out of thin air.

I think those poor starving African's would benefit massively from a bit of gene-splicing here; if they can isolate the gene that means they manage to put on three pounds for each pound of food eaten, the world food crisis is pretty much solved!

I agree with you completely though, when your weight is being considered in the same league as the animals in your local zoo, it's time to wonder if you are a detriment to society or not.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It was just a matter of time before this happened IMO. Obesity is on the rise and murder has always been the fashion.
What really gets me though is that the U.S.A. is one of the most advanced countries in the world in almost every aspect, yet we don't know exactly how to deal with this. I don't know which is worse, the act or the reaction.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I think La Joya, Texas is in that region of absoluetly ridiculously obese people that includes Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas. Like a Bermuda triangle where all the nation's banned trans fat goes to magically disappear.

I have no idea how anyone could manage to get that fat. I'm a big guy, over 3 bills, and I can tell you that I can't imagine being 400 lbs and still being alive, let alone 1,000. I'm actually amazed she was able to even lift her arm to strike the toddler, to be honest.

She is most likely overweight because of poor self control. It was probably that same poor self control that caused her to strike a 2 year old child in anger.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
and...

How does a person afford that kind of food?

I have been training and am intentionally fattening up because I don't like to get too skinny and want to do a triathalon one day

and, my personal food bill over 5 days was 109.00 with coupons and alot of them

and I do well but 500 a month for one guy is , ridiculous and pushes my spending limits without compromising other things and, I'm Not training right now, just trying to gain a bit... and i'm down to tuna and eggs already

where does the finance for that kind of weight gain come from?

When you are eating "junk food" its easy to take in many calories at a lower cost than if you were eating healthy food. For example a bag of chips which can contain up to 2,000 calories may cost you 3 - 4 $ but that same amount of money will barely get you 200 calories worth of vegetables.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Are we sure she didn't just sit on him? How can someone be so large...you would have thought the death would have been because of neglect or something

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kj6754
When you are eating "junk food" its easy to take in many calories at a lower cost than if you were eating healthy food. For example a bag of chips which can contain up to 2,000 calories may cost you 3 - 4 $ but that same amount of money will barely get you 200 calories worth of vegetables.

Yeah, but who feeds that to a bed ridden woman who weighs 1000lbs?...who ever was this woman's care taker should be arrested.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have no sympathy for people who get this large and in all honesty they should just put her on house arrest and feed her vegtables for the next twenty years.. if she makes it that long. Since she is bedridden, they can also tie up twinkies all around the house, just out of reach of her bedridden blobness.

I mean.. genetic or not, you do NOT get this fat without eating excessively. For some reason my mind keeps conjuring up images of Jabba the Hut.

And to leave a two year old in her care?!? I am so glad that mother has been arrested as well. How can you leave a child with someone who is unable to watch themselves? How is she supposed to go in the other room in the event the child gets injured? How is she supposed to get up to change the childs diaper? How can she cook the child dinner? How can she do ANYTHING?

People like this are such a detriment to society and should be FORCED to lose weight. They should be denied healthcare until they start taking care of themselves, as well as any forms of life insurance. And to think she is only 26 years old?! She will be dead by the time she is 30.

I do not see any other methods of incarceration other then house arrest though. And to think that my tax dollars are paying for them to cater to her? I am absolutely disgusted.

Lock her away in her house Elizabeth Bathory style and let her rot. And to anyone who thinks I am being cruel - she killed a innocent two year old - I have no sympathy for her kind, morbidly obese or not.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
98% percent of the time I wouldn't say anything about over weight people but 1000 lbs...come on ....Gee, ya think ya might try a diet? Get a doctor to guide you in your intake.
Bashing a child with your 100 lb arm is not smart. Pick on somebody your own size....like maybe Jabaa the Hut.

Now there's a pair for you...Mayra and Jabaa

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
how is it even possible for your body to function with all of that extra weight??

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
A lot of people are asking how some people get that bad. It's not that hard.

I was 185 in December, then I started working at a pub as a cook. I didn't have to pay for food, and the pub wasn't that busy, so I ate a lot.

3 months later it was February, and I weighed 230 pounds. 45 pounds in 3 months. And to be honest I didn't think I gained all that much until I stepped on the scale and saw 230.

I'd never weighed over 200 pounds before I started working at that pub.

Now mind you I am built big anyways, so 230 isn't a lot for a guy my size, but 45 pounds in 3 months is pretty bad.

If you don't watch yourself you could end up like her. You probably wouldn't go to the extreme she went to, but you could go far before you really realize.

Oh, and I agree with burdman. Tear down a wall, throw her into a loader or flatbed or something, and make her stand trial. Obesity should not get you off charges, I don't care how bad you let yourself go.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by ben420]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Is this anything like the guy on death row saying "You can't execute me I'm too fat!"

Hell, lock her house up and don't let any one in. Then say every 2-3 days go in with some vegetables and a pizza and feed her the vegetables while keeping the pizza out of reach.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join