It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-ton La Joya woman indicted in nephew's death

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Half-ton La Joya woman indicted in nephew's death

www.chron.com

EDINBURG — A grand jury indicted a nearly half-ton, bedridden woman Thursday in the death of her 2-year-old nephew.

Mayra Lizbeth Rosales, 27, was indicted on one count of first-degree murder and on one count of injury to a child in the death of Eliseo Gonzalez Jr. Rosales previously had been charged with capital murder.

The grand jury indicted her after a full autopsy confirmed investigators' suspicions that the child died March 18 because he had been struck. Investigators believe the toddler was struck at least twice, crushing his head.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Prosecutors have to work out how Mayra Rosales will be detained and prosecuted because she weighs nearly 1,000 pounds. She is unable to fit through a door to leave her home. As of Thursday evening, she was not in custody.

I find it incredible that this woman may very well manage to avoid doing jail time or, if she does jail time, it will be at considerable additional tax payer dollars simply because she is so obese that they are worried she will die if taken into custody. Why is this even a concern? She murdered a completely innocent 2 year old so why should any mercy or concern be shown to her as far as her care goes? Has she done anything whatsoever to warrant such compassion?

Knock down a wall in her house, back a flatbed up to the hole, load her onto the flatbed, and haul her immense butt off to lockup and if she dies, cest la vie, justice has been served.

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
A half ton LaJolla Woman?

I seriously don't mean to make light of this...

But a Half ton La Jolla Woman borders the paranormal by itself

LaJolla is a very well of community, and it's filled with the califronia ideal female, I mean I have hardly seen more good looking women in one locale than in LaJolla

and yeah, she should be draged through the wall, a 2 year old, what did he do run off with a pizza?

Okay Duhr, my aploogies you had it right La Joya

I was thinking LaJolla California and was utterly perplexed...

[edit on 23-8-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Man it would sure suck to draw her as a cell mate

It would be like getting crammed into a broom closet with an angry walrus.

I guess it would also be safe to assume that she will not be getting the top bunk.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Rofl OMG, that was great

Seriously the real question is, how come no one intervened in this womans life before she weighed a half a ton?

That's 1,000 lbas right?

Didn't anyone in her life for one minute ...say when she was 460 lbs say hey, someone needs to get you to a hospital?

I'm sorry somehwere in the 400 to 500 lb range unless your the size of Andre the Giant, there should be some intervention

her mind can't be right either

If someone attempted suicide they would be hospitalized right?
Isn't this a slow form of suicide? or serious halth issue? in both cases a persons life would be intervened on

at what point wasn't this woman an emergency situation to be dealt with?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I think La Joya, Texas is in that region of absoluetly ridiculously obese people that includes Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas. Like a Bermuda triangle where all the nation's banned trans fat goes to magically disappear.

I have no idea how anyone could manage to get that fat. I'm a big guy, over 3 bills, and I can tell you that I can't imagine being 400 lbs and still being alive, let alone 1,000. I'm actually amazed she was able to even lift her arm to strike the toddler, to be honest.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

That is sort of what I was wondering as well. How was she able to even catch a child in order to kill it? Surely at that weight she would be imobile and unable to really do much, most likely bed ridden.

The whole thing is bizarre. Imagine what sort of daily caloric intake would be required to maintain a weight like that. It must be ungodly high. I dont think her weight excuses her from having to serve a sentance if she is convicted of murder, but where and how she would do time is another story in itself.

And I stand by my previous statements

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

lol, it's really that heavy weight there huh?

1,000 lbs is unimaginable, one of my workers was about 300 when we met a year ago and I have worked with him to a place of almost 200 lbs now

and it took alot, long, long walks, food restrictions and over time it worked

even now almost a few years later, the loss of just 100 lbs, he really gets an order in the heat this summer (it's fading) the side effects from that much loss were not easy for him to cope with, lol or me

1000 lbs is unimaginable, my pal had real issues health an otherwise, self esteem etc from being where your at around 300

and honestly, much heavier it's approaching a point where the effort might need professional help to accomplish... If 300 to 200 took a year and alot of effort, I guess over 400 you'd be looking at a situation where, you couldn't work and do anything about it simultaneously

Over 500 lbs I think maybe should require some sort of step in by health officials... you could never help yourself at that point

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Most people this size that do get help end up being hospitalized for 6+ months and are fed only through an IV until they get down to the 300 to 400 lb range, then they go home and almost always end up back on Maury Povich either alive and bigger than ever or with a report they ballooned back to 8 or 9 hundred pounds and died.

I personally knew a woman, or at least knew her boy friend & the father of her kids, who was in the 600 lb range. (ironically enough with the name "Tina") Twice, after the births of two of her kids, the doctor stapled her stomach following her c-sections. Both times she ripped the staples out within a matter of days because of gorging herself upon returning home. The second time she didn't tell anyone until her moth asked about why it smelled like death in her room where she was basically bedridden and she discovered she had a severe infection from a wide open wound into her abdomen. When she went in to have that fixed, the doctor ended up performing what he called an emergency tubal ligation to prevent her from having any more kids, something which she was quite furious about.
Last I knew, which was 6 or 7 years ago, she had managed to get past the 600 lb plateau, but in the wrong direction, and was larger than ever and fully bed ridden... her oldest child was also showing serious signs of morbid obesity by then at about 10 years of age, as well. Very sad.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

She must have thought it was Chicken running by

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

The child too?

They didn't discover any kind of hormonal imbalance? I know that after pregnancy a woman can create new fat cells...

But the child? It sounds genetic

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

That is just wrong

On about 10 different levels

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
and...

How does a person afford that kind of food?

I have been training and am intentionally fattening up because I don't like to get too skinny and want to do a triathalon one day

and, my personal food bill over 5 days was 109.00 with coupons and alot of them

and I do well but 500 a month for one guy is , ridiculous and pushes my spending limits without compromising other things and, I'm Not training right now, just trying to gain a bit... and i'm down to tuna and eggs already

where does the finance for that kind of weight gain come from?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I don't have that issue and I doubt I'd ever see 200 lbs. I'm a shade under 6'5" and about the lightest I've been since Junior year of high school is 260. I've actually packed on some additional muscle since then (as well as quite a bit of fat, to be honest.) I'm 340 right now and have been within 5 lbs of that for at least 3 to 4 years now. I think if I really watched what I ate and added some cardio into my workout I could probably get down into the 275 range. No self esteem issues, no health issues aside from messed up joints from playing football, and B.O.
yeah I gotta use some powders & such during the summer, but that's because I sweat rivers on humid days.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

yeah my pal was only 5' 9 so it was big, you obviously have quite a frame

remind me btw the way if we ever get into one of those miserable calling each other out arguments on a thread...

Not to call you out!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
what is wrong with you people. i thought this was a place about TRUTH. here you are condemning this woman without knowing all the facts of the case. are you on the jury? are you the judge? been following the case closely have ya? you don't know that little jerk didnt have it coming. 2 year olds can pull some pretty evil stuff. it could have been completely justified.

-no i am not serious.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Three words: McDonald's Dollar Menu. Seriously, I saw him once pick up food for his family and it was several large bags of burgers & fries for 3 small kids, one woman, and himself (and he was maybe 120 lbs soaking wet. Very skinny man.) They also recieved quite a bit of welfare, WIC, disabillity, etc and that was the reason they had never married. She'd have lost her benefits. The glandular issue may have played a role, but when you don't drink anything aside from RC Cola, eat nothing but fast food in obscene amounts, and do absolutely nothing through the course of the day to burn callories, you're gonna end up in a pretty dire situation.

The kid, at least in my opinion, got so fat because when he was very young the mother would finish her food and then start picking at food on his plate. I've observed several parents doing that when I was younger and without fail every one of their kids ended up quite fat thanks to them feeling like they had to wolf down their food and then some or else they'd start losing the food to whichever parent finished their meal before they did.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Facinating, I have actually noticed how in some big families kids tend to eat very fast so they can get leftovers or enough etc, etc... same sort of effect in running for the bathroom
You very well might have that pinned down

But staying on topic. I almost feel like this woman has an insanity plea

I work via computer and, tend to procrastinate, I have before and LOL tright now sitting her chatting am building up a monster work load that will leave me stuck in the house a good 10 days

It can aside from weight and everything that goes with it, you can get pretty nuts home alone for long periods of time, I watch myself honestly and actually the reason i'm in shape has alot to do with using the gym as an escape so I don;t do negative things like run to the bar

I'd be curious how long exactly this woman has been confined to her house, she probably isn't all there anymore

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
As a criminal you're not really a productive member of society.
At 1000 pounds you're not really a productive member of society.
At 1000 pounds, you've shown that you only live for yourself and your habitual eating.
As a killer you've shown no regard for the lives of others, and a child???

Euthanasia.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

In this case it almost seems like the humane thing to do.

The upside would be that the court to put her under house arrest and not even need an ankle bracelet. Its not like she would get up and go anywhere.

The worst punishment they could give her would be to leave her right where she is. Being 1,000 lbs would probably be punishment enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join