It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is you're favorite guitar player ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

Thanks ! Never seen this before. Really great!!!
Yes they almost remove the audio from Prince videos the moment they get uploaded. What a shame...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
yeah man....a lot of people don't realize that prince owns on the guitar...i definately give him his propers

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I confess I haven't read the entire thread. I have to cast my vote toward Michael Schenker..... www.youtube.com...

I don't necessarily think he is/was the BEST..... gotta lean towards Brian May for that, but favorite......... Yah.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I saw the late good Sir six times. He was amazing. I remember the first time I saw him, I won $20 from a buddy who said "there's no WAY that is one guitar" (listening to the tape of Breakfast in the Fields). Yup. Colossal loss. I've been playing guitar for 40+ years. There are only four of Michael's tunes that I can play halfway decently.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Trey Azagthoth
Chuck Schulinder
Jeff Beck
Joe Satriani
David Gilmour
Robert Fripp
Robert Johnson
Jimi Hendrix
Eric Clapton
Jimmy Page
Mike Ammot
Adrian Smith and Dave Murray
KK Downing and Glenn Tipton
Dave Mustaine
Kirk Hammet
Jørn Viggo Lofstad

I think that about covers it.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb at Live8.
With one of the best solos ever played on a guitar

[edit on 18-4-2009 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

The Time solo is much more badass than the Comfortably Numb solo, I never really got why people obsessed over that solo so much. Gilmour has so many better solos.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nick_napalm

I'm curious as how you rate guitar solos. Is it speed, complexity or how the solo fits in with the rest of the song.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I don't look for anything in particular, I generally just want it to fit well with the song. Not saying that the solo doesn't fit with song, I've just always thought that it's an overrated solo in an overrated song. And that Pink Floyd has better songs and solos.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nick_napalm

Great point ! If we all had to agree about having the same taste, it would be boring. Gilmore did play a lot of great solos. Always fits perfectly with rest of the song.
Think that some people consider this solo as bringing them to a level of being "high" in some kind of way.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join