It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Georgian Conflict Planned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
There is something that just does not compute about the recent conflict in Georgia. First it is apparent that both Russia and the US knew that the attack was imminent. Russian troops had built up in advance of the attack.
worldnetdaily.com...

The US has admitted that it knew the Georgians wished to attack South Ossetia.
US confirms it knew about attack in advance

An attack against Russia by Georgia is obviously suicidal. So why do this? My conclusion is that the US and Russia agreed to this in advance in order to prop up flagging oil prices. When I say US and Russia in this context I am referring to the shadowy elites who really run things behind the scenes.

The folks who manipulate oil to control their private little empires knew that a glut of oil would hit europe if the pipeline through Georgia was completed. Making Georgia a battleground removes that possibility. The players in this game are sitting on unlimited oil reserves. Russia has her own reserves, and the Western oligarchy controls Middle East oil (not to mention reserves in Alaska that remain untapped). They need to make sure that the supply side of the equation remains tight so that they can continue to extract unwarranted windfall profits.

It's just a theory, but I don't see an adequate explanation for the attack. No doubt the US promised Georgia that we would support them in their attack on Russia (yeah right).

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I've thought this from day one and could not have explained it as well as you did.

You also hit a couple of true points. The elite definitely has unlimited oil. And they are using the same technique as they do for diamonds in regards to supply and demand. They really do it for everything.

Good post friend, S&F for you

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I recently read somewhere that the attack also allowed McCain to come back into the spotlight, making political comments about the conflict every day apparently, all while Obama was at his vacation.

How convenient.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I find it difficult to believe that Georgia would have commited such a foolish mistake on their own. It seems that with the whole world knowing their inferiority to the Russian military, this sort of act would not have been done alone, if they truly wished to succeed. They would have turned to their allies for obvious reasons. At the very least, they would have let them know of their intentions well ahead of time. There is much much more going on than what is being presented, in my opinion. Obviously this is all my opinion.
I figured,"Hey, I got one just like everybody else, and who cares if they all think it stinks. So does theirs." But anyway....

So in my estimations, either the OP is correct, and it's a joint venture, or it's not, and the People at the helm wanted to test Russia to see how they'd respond.

It'd be interesting to get the "real" Russian side of the story.
But that would make it too easy.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
the situation was building for quite awhile...even while Chechnya was unfolding...

both south Ossetia and Abkhasia, two breakaway regions in the recognized borders of Georgia, attempting to unite with Russia and get out from under the thumb of the American Puppet President of Georgia M Saakashvili. Saakashvili might be equated with a Saddam Hussein who had secretice ties with the CIA and american shadow government policy.

related; www.vgb.no...

~don't be fooled with a blank page... if you scroll the left column it will reveal the stories/entries, 'Two Morons: Bush and Saakashvili'
the site has a different format than we're used to here in the west ~

thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It's not entirely surprising that it doesn't make sense - territorial gains in modern day society are often seen as worthless.

It's likely that both the U.S AND Russia knew of Georgia's intent, which means that this is something that both sides had no qualms over propogating.

There is one way to explain it that would make sense - an attempt to ensure the price of oil continues to rise.

Think about it - what if this conflict had infact escalated, to a point where Russia or the U.S moved in to take control of the Georgian administration, like we did when we went into Iraq?

It would seem that the players realised they weren't going to get what they wanted, and backed down.

In a way, the cold war anxiety of the past can serve us still - it will prevent New World Agents from working in tandem from both Russian and U.S platforms, because the masses of the world fear the threat of nuclear war greatly.

Perhaps, the climate of fear has worked against the elite, this time.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the situation was building for quite awhile...even while Chechnya was unfolding...

Well actually the buildup is part of the puzzle. Russia had been bringing troops and equipment in large numbers just prior to the attack. The troop movements were not unknown to the Americans and to the Georgians. Why then attack into the strength of the Russian army? Even Hitler wasn't that stupid.

That's why I have to feel the whole thing was quite orchestrated. While you are railing about the NWO puppet Bush in America you need to take a good look at the motives of Putin and his crony's. While Putin has at least advanced the interests of his countrymen (unlike his American counterpart), his motives aren't exactly altruistic. Moreover his actions seem to play into NWO planning just fine as far as I can tell.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
RE: SevenThunders,

I don't really believe that there is a global conspiracy to constrict the flow of oil, what we are seeing today is the exact opposite, the global power blocks are positioning themselves around the largest oil reserves. Look at the squabling that is going on in the Artic between the US, Canada, Norway and Russia.

Both Russia and the US have known since February that there was going to be a showdown in S. Ossetia and Abkhazia because of Kosovo's declaration of Independence from Serbia, in total contravention to International Law and a violation of U.N. Resolution 1244 (which garunteed the Territorial Integrity of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.) This was encouraged by the US because in the days that preceded Kosovo's declaration, the US State Department stated publicly that they would immediately recognize them. This was exactly what happened, with the NATO/EU states following in quick suit. To say the least, Serbia and Russia were Pig Bittin' Mad!

After this overt provocation of a Russian ally, Putin promised the US that it would then do the same with S. Ossetia and Abkhazia, and that the US has set a new standard for international law-- Might makes Right!

Monday the 25th of August, the Russian Duma will convene an emergency session to vote on the immediate recognition of Abkhazia's independence and possibly allow S. Ossetia to be absorbed into the Russian Federation.

This is a direct retaliation for the US's breach of Resolution 1244. Thus if the US can flagrantly ignor the territorial integrity of a Russian ally, Serbia, then Russia can do the same with a US/NATO ally, Georgia. Tit for tat!

But we must still remember that it was the Georgians who first went on the offensive by attacking and surrounding Tshinvali, S. Ossetia. They used US made MLRS Rocket Launchers, armed with the DPICM (Dual-Purpose Improved Conventional Munitions) anti-personnel/anti-materiel grenades, ie. cluster munitions, to shell the city of Tshinvali. This killed around 1600 civilians-- if this doesn't constitute a war crime, then please tell me what does! When the Russian forces finally arrived in S. Ossetia, they saw the catastrophic damage that these missile launchers had caused and then began to deploy counter-battery RADARs to track the origin of these launchers, and of course they were located further to the the south near the Georgian town of Gori. Remember that these MLRS launchers have a 20 mile range, the ER MLRS (Extended Range MLRS) has a range of 28 miles (45 km.)

Now, the apriori objective of the 19th Motor Rifle Division was to neutralize both the Launchers and the storage depot that stored the rockets. This was the objective of the drive to Gori, not to cut the country in half, simply to deny their enemy of the capacity to shell them from long range.

Both the US and Ukraine helped to arm and train the Georgians for this offensive. The US provided the MLRS rocket Launchers and 150 Special Forces troops to train the Georgian army.

Now, let us look a little closer at the reality of these events, the US was the main instigator behing the move to seperate Kosovo from Serbia and again the main instigator in a provocative and bloody assult on a territory populated with Russian citizens. It seems that with these two events combined with the outright distortions portraying these events by the US/Western media and US State Department, that the US is trying to pick a fight with Russia. The US just signed an agreement with Poland to move missiles less than 200 km from Russia's border. I feel that the US is truely up to no good. I would not be suprised if Russia withdrew from the CTBT and resumed underground testing of nuclear weapons. Article IX, sect 2 of the CTBT allows Signatory members to do so

"if it decides that extraordinary events related to the subject matter of this Treaty have jeopardized its supreme interests."

Russia has promised that this will spark a new arms race.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rotwang

Well the whole Serbian intervention was a disaster instigated by the Clinton administration. Apparently they thought it was a good idea to help Muslim Albanian terrorists bomb christian churches into submission. Later, our reward for helping the Muslim advance into the heard of europe was the 911 attack. But that's another story.

There is no doubt that the US has been provoking Russia, especially over the last few years. However there is no doubt that Russia has been drifting back towards an authoritarian regime. The Georgian situation is a perfect opportunity to expand the Russian empire. It still doesn't explain why the US is essentially encouraging this expansion. They knew full well what the consequences would be if they attacked South Ossetia. Why do it ?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
RE: SevenThunders

Well, honestly, I feel that the US wants to draw them into fighting the "Big One" before the Russian military has the chance to get caught back up after such a long period of near fatal neglect of their armed forces. If you had to pick a time to fight the "Big One" with Russia would you do it now, or wait for them to deploy warheads on their Ballistic Missile Submarines, disperse their mobile TOPOL-M launchers and possibly deploy attack satellites into low-orbit?

The end game here is not wether or not the US will launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike on Russia, it will, it's about establishing a probable cause. The only way to win a nuclear war is to strike first. Now imagine how bad that would look in the eyes of the world and in historical retrospect, if the US just up and attacked Russia for no other reason than it was afraid of loosing it's strategic edge. Boooooo - bad Americans!

Now, if we can paint a picture of a horrific, blood thirsty totalitarian regime on the rise again.... running amuck all over it's peace loving little neighbors, well, think about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rotwang

That's sounds almost plausible, and I wouldn't put it past the shadow government to try such a scheme. Moreover a rational American policy would be to try to forge closer ties with Russia since geopolitically, in terms of shared threats, they should be natural allies as they were prior to the Soviet Union.

I never could understand the belligerence on the part of the so called American leadership. However human nature being what it is, the schemers who rule the world courts, Russia included, are black-hearts by nature.

Yes Bush is the puppet-head of a dastardly neocon-NWO juggernaut, but Putin has got some dirty laundry of his own. He's KGB, he's probably snuffed a few dissenters, even in recent times, oh and by the way just exactly how did he become a multi-billionaire on a state salary?

The one thing I do admire about Putin, believe it or not, is his unabashed patriotism for mother Russia. That's right, I said it, patriotism can be a good emotion. In his case there is no doubt he is an able administrator who has advanced and improved the lot of the Russian people and their prestige in almost every arena.

I contrast this with Bush who was quoted saying that the US constitution is "just a piece of paper". Bush moreover continues the Clinton and Bush senior policy of shipping all US industrial capacity to China. The NWO could care less about the US population. They are just cattle to be used in their foreign intervention schemes.

Other than that I have no strong opinions.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Some good thoughts SevenThunders. I think that we may be like minded on this topic. I'm a Folklorist/Weapons Analyst by academic and profesional training, so I usually have an odd slant on most topics. I'm really intrested in hearing how you define the term NWO (New World Order.) As the mechanics of this forum only allows 4000 character posts, this might prove an interesting exercise in conciseness.

For me NWO just means Anglo-Saxon-Capitalist.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Short answer: yes.

Long answer: I think the Bush administration (and the military-industrial-oil complex that put them in power) has seen the writing on the wall, and that they were not going to able to scare up the kind of military budgets they want fighting a bunch of religious fanatics living in caves.

Russia, on the other hand, is a "threat" that actually has some teeth.

So we've been pushing NATO up to the Russian border, and browbeating the Europeans into going along, in order to get the Russians to do something scary.

Georgia turned out to be the best bet - but it could have been the Ukraine, or the Baltic states.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Ah man, I love your quote from Mark Twain. Anyway my kids are coming over in a little bit, I post an honest reply to your last post tomorrow evening. In short, I do agree with you on that option also. The NWO/ASC (if I may invent my own acronym-- force of habit-- ex-military) is making a hell of alot of money off it's "oil for weapons diplomacy." I post again tomorow evening.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rotwang

The NWO leadership has some notable Anglo-Saxon 'capitalist' representation (e.g. Bush), but is by no means exclusively Anglo Saxon. By all rights the chief center of power probably lies with the Rothschilds, who were German Jews. Some of the other banksters of note, the DuPonts are French, Vanderbildts are French, and Rockefellers are German-Americans.

In fact I'd say that the bulk of their power lies in continental, western Europe, where the Rothschilds started, though of course the London and New York financial centers wield enormous influence.

In general I view the NWO as a cabal of international bankers who wield power via wealth, the control of currency, natural resources, technology and occult practices.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I think you are pushing it a bit.
Russia and the USA dont agree on many things in foreign policy and I dont think they planned this together.

However

I believe the US engineered this, wit or without the knowledge of Georgia, to push the deal on the missile defense to Poland and Cechs. Also the US wanted to hurt Russias bid to join the WTO and give more low blows in the propaganda war. It was also a test of might, see how far the new leader would go. They waited for after the russian elections and Olympics on purpose.
Had Russia not responded, Georgia would have been able to join NATO down the line, after occupying the provinces and Russia would have appeared weak.

Oil price actually fell so your conspiracy isnt quite valid. If they wanted the price to go up, I think they have other and more effective methods. The georgian pipeline wasnt bombed even.

The botto line is NATO/US are afraid of the rise of a new and stronger Rusia and are trying to cause conflicts in the region to slow this progress.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by TheOracle]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
There is something that just does not compute about the recent conflict in Georgia. An attack against Russia by Georgia is obviously suicidal. So why do this?

Every war is planned. Ever heard of business is war? An old Japanese saying? Money makes the world go around? An old American saying?

Do you think the planet Earth would have sympathized with the US attacking Iraq for oil (obviously, we didn't really care about the tyranized Iraquis that much, to go free them? and then have a food for oil deal? ha!)
There was a time when Hussain just like Hitler were very good friends of the US.
How do you think the world would look at USA, without the towers attack?
It had to happen so we could go and do what we did in Iraq. Else it looks like an invasion of another country and that's against all UN rules, right? Every war is planned. Everything is about public opinion, even if the public doesn't count. You're just a worker bee. The queen bees call the shots!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Oil is in a temporary pull back. However during the Russian occupation of Georgia it briefly spiked upwards. If the pipeline through Georgia was built however there would be even more downward pressure on oil.

The real shock will come when they realize that Saudi Arabia has only a fraction of the reserves they claim. But that is another story......

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Wasn't Rove over there just prior to the invasion? Coincidence? Yeah, right. Rove, the oil and arms industries' butt-boy, engineered this to scare up a new boogeyman to keep military the contracts flowing and destabilize the region to keep oil prices high. That and to help McSame get elected. It's all so obvious. Of course the mainstream media won't touch this.
My God this administration has done so much harm to this country. Clinton gets impeachment hearings for a freakin' blowjob while the Bush regime breaks half the laws on the books, starts unjust wars and rapes the poor and middle class!! I wish this administration would be investigated and held accountable. Frankly I think they are treasonous.

join