It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Of The Worlds Remake by Speilberg

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Maybe in this one they can keep a little closer to the book than the first. And I have not heard of a musical either

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I know...A musical?? Would it be like the "Planet Of The Apes" musical staring Troy McClure on the Simpsons?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
you can hear loads of samples from the musical version here

entertainment.msn.com...

you will have to allow pop ups on the site to listen though.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I just hope speilberg doesnt go too over the top as he tends too. Case and point was AI - he took one of Stans dark master pieces and some how turned it into a feel good movie at the end.

I agree that Speilberg is a great director, but he sometimes crosses the line and makes movies way too hollywood. This is OK for E.T., but when i go to sit down and watch this flick, he better not try to add a bunch of hold my hand B.S. - I mean come on! We're talking alien invasion here!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The Human race had died out and the Earth was a frozen ball of ice at the end of AI. How was that feelgood?

I do agree that he had better not go ET War of The Worlds. I want the fear that was in the book. No cowboy sh*t either.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I agree with FaceFirst.
I want to feel fear just like those people that listened to the 1938 radio broadcast. I'm not saying fear as in you might get watch a horror flick but fear as you get watching a good thriller.
But alas knowing speilberg he'll make it all ET like and it's end up a with 12 certificate with a nice line in toys for the kids.
So want this to be set in 1898 too.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
it was feel good because the boy robot got to "live with his mother" at the end. I doubt thats how kub's would have ended it. he more likely would have had the child bot watch in horror as those alien things systematically brought back humans and robots to be thier slaves or something.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yeah, I see your point there. Kubrick would have had something twisted that NO ONE would have ever seen coming. It is a shame he passed away. I think he had a lot of movies left in him and he was an absolute mad genius.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
I just stumbled across a new story reporting that Steven Speilberg is going to direct a remake of HG Wells's classic with Tom Cruise staring or producing. I will try to put up a link.

Tom Cruise staring is fine, I just hope they don't have him saying anything, or worse, trying to act.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
After Spielberg made "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" he should have been arrested for crimes against humanity.

He should give up filmmaking and retire. He's done enough damage already.

p.s. lay off the coke Steve

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Criticism is always easy on the net. Where's your movie?

That being said, if Speilberg could put some same intensity of say, the first thirty minutes of Saving Private Ryan into War Of Worlds, maybe it would kick-start the general public into think seriously about the possibility of ET life.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The subject of UFOs/ETs is already sensational enough. Do we have a shortage of hysteria in the world now? I'd like to see more good documentary films made like the one on this website:

dbarkertv.com...

That's how I feel about it.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have always love War of the Worlds - I got the novel when I was 12 from an Aunt and have read it many times.

The George Pal movie from 1952 was a masterpiece of early color special effects, mated with creepy Cold War inspired invasion fear. It won a few Oscars I believe.

ID4 was basically a re-make of Pal's 1952 movie. However, I have heard that the Tom Cruise movie will be true to the original novel, which was based on 1890 Southern England. The Martians used giant 3-legged walking machines equipped with invisible heat rays to destroy mankind, and also used humans for food. It will be interesting to see how true to the book SS tries to be......

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
just posting a couple of links that might be of interest
here is a link to the online book of war of the worlds

www.fourmilab.ch...

and also someone mentioned the re-make of dawn of the dead so for those interested here is a link to a trailer of it.

www.hollywood.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join