It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN/MSNBC confirms Sen. Barack Obama has chosen Joe Biden to be his VP

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

zfacts.com...

zfacts.com...

Hey I know your are a conservative but I wish you would look at these graphs.

– $ 9,623,572,101,966

So this what we are in the hole...

divide it by

and thats what each man woman and child owes.

I know there is a dislike that exists between right an left.

I am convinced we need to pay our debts down and take responsibility for our actions/spending. This housing crisis and bank failures are a direct result of this.

I am not a hero,,, My day to sign the final paper works for the corps was September 11th 2001. Funny enough is my long time school friend who was my recruiter called me on the 9th suggesting that I should wait another month because "some # was going down" per our other friend in S.A???

What I'm trying to say is we are all in this together,,, we have tried tax cuts for eight years.If you looked at the tax code you would soon realize that the regular joe pays more per dollar then a billionaire. Once I learned this five or so years ago My whole perspective changed. I work damn hard just to be broke by the end of each Friday and people who go without a need unmet pay down less then me in proportion.

you pay about .25 - .30 per dollar and Warren Buffet one man worth $52,000,000,000.00 and he pays .14 to .16 per dollar

cricket51.wordpress.com...

Did you ever wonder what $900,000,000 looks like in $1's...

You may pay less if Mccain is on the level, but if you look at that debt clock on the second link--- well thats inflation, and thats your hard earned buck becoming less valuable, thats the price of eggs going up and thats the price of everything going up.

I was not always a lefty... The right tax code this is a carrot for you and $1,000,000,000.00 for some other cat.

Anyhow thanks for your service! Bless you and yours!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper

I agree with most all you said, which is an unusual find for me here at ATS.
It's a shame people here, including moderators will disagree and flame just for the sake of disagreeing and boosting their ego's. Patriotism and logic are unwelcome guests here. I know I'm going to be flamed just as you were. Good luck and thx.

oh here it comes....
bla bla bla bla bla

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

yeah. Take this and that and this. Bla bla bla bla.

Nah. Just kidding. Is your avatar a picture of you?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Sorry, but this Hillary supporter will not vote for Obama, and most of the Hillary supporters I know will not vote for Obama. Obama is nothing but an ultra liberal, who wants to tax the U.S. to pay for overseas charity, and who will make the U.S. weak, internationally. Terrorist agression will not go away. The war in Terror is very real. Russia is stepping up in their agression, and soon we will be contesting oil rights in the Artic.

The world is not the warm and fuzzy place liberals like Obama want to believe.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So we finally know what the change Obama has been promising will be. For the first time in history the VP will run the country. Biden's been in the senate since Obama was in diapers, and no not the ones he was wearing on his head in those photos. Biden is an excellent choice for someone who doesn't have the experience or legitimate plan on how to run an administration.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Sorry to bring this to you but how long McCain as president will be able to keep cutting taxes until he realized like Regan and Bush Sr that you can not fix a recession created by tax cuts and liberal spending until you raise taxes.

McCain knows this, he is not stupid, he will bring taxes up eventually either than or finish giving away this nation security (there goes the hoax of war on terror) to the same people from nations that we call terrorist sponsors.

There goes the hoax of war on terror again.

Politics in this nation are a joke and the so call taxes cuts and increases are nothing than another way to sham the people.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What I do not see in Biden, that is completely missing from Obama, is something that says he is in the corner of the working class in the U.S..

All of Obama's policies reduce benefits for those earning a modest living, and that is wrong, give everyone an equal share. Don't punish those who are working to get ahead by cutting their benefits.

Biden's policies all seem to go against the working class. Biden wants to give illegals free access.

People don't want to pay taxes, well U.S. workers paying for the protection of International corporations overseas isn't fair either. Nor is U.S. workers paying for medical care of illegals through medicaid, where most of the medicaid money is going, fair.

When the tax rate of U.S. workers is lower than long term capital gains taxes, then we are approaching tax fairness. Taxes on goods and services that cross state and federal borders should be the primary way that the U.S. government is funded, as that is in the realm of Fed Gov responsibility. People shouldn't have to pay a tax rate on the sale of their labor and ideas at the local level.

Then the question becomes, who will pay the huge debt built up by the neocons? Sadly I don't see either candidate answering this question. At least on a few issues McCain seem to represent U.S. workers, like on immigration.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I agree, I don't like Biden and now that is the end chances that I would change my mind.

Biden is not for the working class, a man that is called Mr. bankruptcy bill that put more hurt of the regular working class in a time that our nation working class is hurting is no friend of mine or neither the workers in this nation.

All for campaign money, Washington is nothing but full of whores.

I wish Obama and Mr. Backruptcy bill comes to ATS and read this.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Not sure if it is smart of the Obama camp, because everytime he goes against the beliefies be ran on he drops slightly in the poles... now you have the McCain ad putting salt into the Hillary not chosen wound again which could stir some negative feelings again...

Anyone see the add...? It was a nice pro Hilary add...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Here is the link...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

thanks for the nice words sister or bro...seriously is that you in your avatar or your wife...if its you then DAMN....if its your wife then DAMN you are a lucy SOB...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If Obama picked a complete outsider, he would have a very difficult time getting legislation he favored through Congress. That happened to Carter. You need someone who knows his or her way around Washington. Much as some people want a COMPLETE change (somebody like Ron Paul, for instance) it would probably be an ineffective administration.

Biden has always been on the side of the working and middle classes. He was my second choice for v.p. I really favored Hillary Clinton but I guess maybe the country isn't ready for two groundbreakers at the same time.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here is the reality, Bill Clinton is the only politician to come up with a new concept in the last hundred years, and it worked great. Make Government work with businesses. Encourage trade, but be fair to the workers. Be tough on foriegn policy, but be willing to extend a hand when asked for.

Rather than respect the enourmous accomplishments of Clinton, Obama has turned a cold shoulder to the most successful democrat since FDR, maybe longer. Obama should be embracing Bill as a mentor, instead he turned to Ted Kennedy and the rest of the liberal elites.

Choosing Biden cements Obama's creditials as a liberal elitist.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by poet1b

I agree, I don't like Biden and now that is the end chances that I would change my mind.

Biden is not for the working class, a man that is called Mr. bankruptcy bill that put more hurt of the regular working class in a time that our nation working class is hurting is no friend of mine or neither the workers in this nation.

All for campaign money, Washington is nothing but full of whores.

I wish Obama and Mr. Backruptcy bill comes to ATS and read this.

I just read up on this... seems his state has a huge stake in the credit industry (Biden, Delaware)

I personally beleive Obama will address Bankruptcy and I think Biden will have to change his tune.I may be wrong...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
For the first time in history the VP will run the country.

Ya if we are in 1999... Mr Chenny

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

If he was for the working class he sure do not show that when he took money from the credit card industry for campaign and change his mind of an amendment that would put restriction to the bankruptcy.

No he is just like any other corrupted politician in Washington that works for big interest.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The Obama/Biden gun grab is about to commence. That requires that I vote McCain now. No question about it anymore.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Since I live in Delaware, Bank of America (Once know as MBNA) is a huge deal to everyone who lives near me. Relatives, friends, friends' parents, and all the way to friends of friends all seem dependent on Bank of America. At the moment, I wish it was not a credit card company but people do what they got to do to survive I guess.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Obama & Biden, rock on! Obama and Wes Clark would have also been good, but we all know what dicks the GOP will be and how Obama will run a different campaign and not be a dick himself. Having Biden there to not only represent National Security issues, but there to be the attack dog does well.

All this crap about him being in Washington for so long and that fact killing Obama's change of the way politics are done is rubbish. It's fine to have Biden, someone who has been in Washington and has a different point of view. That gives Obama another perspective to help make the best decision
in the end.

Good luck Democrats!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join