It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martin Short image hovers over synchro swimming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Martin Short image hovers over synchro swimming

www.eveningsun.com

BEIJING—Barred from wearing suits that made them look like waterproof Christmas trees, the Spanish team took a different tack. Gangsta.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I cant find any actual photos of the swimsuits. Can anyone find these suits that are causing all of the uproar?

www.eveningsun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Is it these suits?......

CX.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Synchronized swimming kills me as an olympiad sport. I mean c'mon let's have competitive basket weaving.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Just curious if you have tried basketweaving? It is definitely a skill...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

THANKS! Really don't see the issue here...but couldn't find an actual picture of the 'visual news'...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The russian performance was incredible, I have a new found respect for sychronised swimming. The strength and skill they have is amazing.

CX

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Synchronized swimming kills me as an olympiad sport. I mean c'mon let's have competitive basket weaving.

I have to admit i'm not a huge fan, but you have to give them credit for thier skill and strength to do some of those moves, and then to do that with such exact precision as the team, thats just amazing.

If it was me there, i'd turn it into the synchronized coughing, spluttering and half drowning event!

CX.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That was somewhat ignorant of me. When I see these lithesome gymnasts pulling off their impossible moves I say to myself 'ya, I could do that, lol'. Ok, synchronized russian roulette then.

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by jpm1602

I have to admit i'm not a huge fan, but you have to give them credit for thier skill and strength to do some of those moves, and then to do that with such exact precision as the team, thats just amazing.

If it was me there, i'd turn it into the synchronized coughing, spluttering and half drowning event!

CX.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Ya, they have to be very well conditioned as far as strength and ability to hold their breath for long periods. All the while keeping up with the timing of the moves, it is a very difficult sport. It actually looks cool when a team does a good routine. It's the kind of judging sport where one can actually tell who was the better team, without having to look for tenths of a point deductions and stuff like that.

And that Martin Short skit was hilarious...

[edit on 26-8-2008 by TheComte]

new topics

top topics

join