It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The VIBRATION topic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hello all.

For a long time I have been trying to get my head around the idea of Vibrations as a physical and metaphysical concept. I feel it is very central in many ways, and yet at the same time its somehow difficult to construct a "grand unified vibrational theory," so to speak, that ties it all together.

Vibration is connected with the concept of oscillation; the basic yin/yang, on/off binary structure of the cosmos. Different oscillation patterns through time are experienced as different vibrational frequencies. There are also the concepts of harmony and resonance: vibrational frequencies that are different and yet "go together" in some fundamental way.

It seems like vibration is a key to understanding the cosmos on every level: from string theory and quantum mechanics up through chromodynamics. And also in a more "spiritual"/psychological sense: Everyone intuitively understands the concept of "good vibes"/"bad vibes" or of being in psychological resonance. Moreover our senses are the reception of different types of vibration: colors are different frequencies and sound of course needs no further explication. Beyond this even history and social patterns of all sorts seem to move in complex waveforms, as does geologic and even cosmic time.

All of this is clear, and yet...and yet...it seems so hard to put it all togehter in a single theory or way of looking at things that makes sense. I feel like I'm trembling on the edge of getting it together but something crucial eludes me.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

E = MC[squared]

everything is energy. (vibration)

So I was practicing this new way to get into an out of body state and it works. However its different than my normal way and I was just talking to my cousin about this before I noticed this thread.
I closed my eyes but focused on ''seeing'' my room. I projected my consciousness around the room in a clockwise motion all along the exteriour of my room. ''Feeling'' the walls, windows, posters, and closet etc with my attention and moving it around the room faster and faster. And damn...the vibrations in my body made me feel as if I was in a space ship! it was hella crazy, but vibrations they connect us all.

When does starlight become sun shine?

When you fully realize that everything is energy you can then take steps to control your reality and master your time here in the 3-d. Since everything is vibration you can repel or attract anything simply with your thoughts and intent. oops...didn't mean to branch off into magick...

positive vibrations to you

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

It seems like vibration is a key to understanding the cosmos on every level: from string theory and quantum mechanics up through chromodynamics. And also in a more "spiritual"/psychological sense: Everyone intuitively understands the concept of "good vibes"/"bad vibes" or of being in psychological resonance. Moreover our senses are the reception of different types of vibration: colors are different frequencies and sound of course needs no further explication. Beyond this even history and social patterns of all sorts seem to move in complex waveforms, as does geologic and even cosmic time.

All of this is clear, and yet...and yet...it seems so hard to put it all togehter in a single theory or way of looking at things that makes sense. I feel like I'm trembling on the edge of getting it together but something crucial eludes me.

Thoughts?

thoughts?

too many to put down coherently in one spot :-)

I'm like you - I have this feeling that I'm looking right at something - and almost seeing it

like reality is being spoken in something like pig-latin - I understand - but not quite

I've always had some sense that there was more of a connection between "stuff" than we are consciously aware of - or willing - or able - to really analyze

I've always called it "the secret language of things"

everything seems to have meaning on some level - light, color, sound...but not just those things - also their relationship to other things

it's one of the reasons I think there is something to feng shui - it's not just about what something is - it's also about what it's not - and it's relationship/non-relationship to the things around it

and it is all vibration - levels of vibration on levels - coming together, mixing, pulling away - polarity of vibration - conversation of vibration - endless

their are harmonics in everything - chords in music - but I see chords in color, value, texture, light, temperature, etc

but also discord

none of this helps you, I know

but, just had to chime in to say - I feel it too - so close, and yet so far

it's driving me nuts

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well, I wouldnt call it "vibration" myself, but it makes sense that some would.

I think of it as "emotional energy."

What I have noticed is that you are either unconscious of it, and can have your own emotional energy subsumed, or changed by people with negative or angry, or depressed energy or, you can become conscious of it, and learn to "transform" it.

You dont do this by "pushing" at their negative energy. Or even by putting up a "shield" and buffering yourself from it.

The person who explained it to me used a tree as an analogy. You breathe it in, whatever it is, "calm it" with acceptance, and then breathe it back out transformed. You use your own consciousness as a transformer, and it can have observable effects on the "other person" who is the source of the "negative energy" in that instance.

It isnt a thought, or a word that is bad, or impacts us negatively, it is the emotional energy that is behind it. Instead of trying to change our thoughts, or other peoples, this technique asks us to focus on the energy itself and in an accepting and transformative way.

new topics

top topics

join