It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is to be done about Inflation in the Health Care Industry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Last year, the health care industry saw a 10% inflation in prices and costs associated with traditional health care. Now obviously some inflation is expected, but a bubble is not what we want in the health care industry.

And both of the candidates speak to this.

However, I can't seem to find a a fair article which actually explains how McCains Health plan will put a check on Inflation. When I googled for it I found a lot of articles giving their political opinion on McCains plan (Not always good).

Now, Obamas plan seems to be, that by allowing those who can't afford traditional health insurance to have access to it without any restrictions regarding previous conditions, this will put a check on the inflation.

Regardless of Party, this is an issue. Here are some links I did find. I apologize that they are both pro-Obama, however as I mentioned I can't find an article which explains how McCains is supposed to check inflation.

Detailed Analysis of Obamas plan

waternoice.com...

For some reason, I couldn't get the above URL nicely into a URL tag

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Quazga]

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I believe that "Health Care" has become a political pawn "talking point" for both candidates. I do not see either candidates plans being a solution to the problem.

Certainly - both candidates offer temporary patches which seek to provide amicable resolution to some Americans, but it still only covers the wound - it doesn't disinfect it.

I believe you should attack the high cost of health care (not insurance) at its source.

High education costs
High costs of living for the first few years out of med school

If you help lower the costs, or help pay for the costs, of the education our finest Doctors, then you drive down the costs of their procedures, as they will have less bills to pay.

I believe a stronger approach to higher education is in order.
From personal experiences, i can attest that the current forms of Federal funding are completely inadequate

(refer to the FAFSA documentation)

FAFSA seems to exist as a means of acquiring enrollment at a community college, and as a means to begin to help pay for education at a University offering higher, and more prestigious, forms of education.

FAFSA should be expanded and greater funded to include people who make more than the bare minimum. Just because you make 75,000 dollars a year doesn't mean you can afford $300,000 for med school.

new topics

join