It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to my Kitchen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Im in love with your kitchen Antar!!!

What you aree doing is something i really would love to do at some point, I love fresh food,

I have a big old apple tree in my garden and the apples are falling off, It seems such a shame as id love to use them,

How do i store the good ones? I love making apple pies and things so i would love to be able to store some away for another time,

Thanks for sharing with us, As i really think im going to look up a heck of alot on this,

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Originally posted by Michael Tait

Originally posted by azar
reply to post by Michael Page

yea but you have all those vegetables. I would not wanna drink or eat all that stuff. can you post a picture of yourself and maybe the rest of your house.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Michael Pitt]

I took some new pics yesterday, but don't look for many close ups of my fat bod. I will be happy to share some other pics of my home, just not right now. You think I would look skinny by the way I eat, but you know its that Buddha syndrome, starved when I was young and contemplating my navel, then bang, on it came. I have several outside pics I will share too, the garden needs some weeding right now, everyone dumped me about 3 weeks ago, and 3 weeks is an eternity of weeding. Mostly grass, fescue if you know how that is. You can start on one row and by the time you get to the end you need to start over, lol! Yes I will for you!
but your a chick right?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It really does not matter to you if I am a chick or a roooster right? I am not looking... Are you? Just consider me a tough old bird...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
It really does not matter to you if I am a chick or a roooster right? I am not looking... Are you? Just consider me a tough old bird...
well when are you gonna post some pictures.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Michael Pait

I don't think this is really a great thread for Antar to post their picks
Perhaps if Antar wan'ts to participate, they can post their pics on the Photo of Members thread...

However, there isn't any pressure to add or post pictures of yourself. Afterall, some of us enjoy being anonymous.

And whether Antar is female or male, I don't feel, is relevent to this discussion - or many others - for that matter

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I find Antar to be interesting and would like to sit down on a shaded porch with a glass of home-made lemonade or a common red table wine from the big jug and just talk.

Terrific photos of your kitchen Antar, and especially so the veggies.

I thought I was a reasonably good gardener in Southern and Central California, but it's a whole other ball game here in Sunny Arizona at 3300' altitude.

This year, few tomatoes, one zuchinni if you can believe that.
I thought that God made zuchinni's to show that anyone could grow a garden.

The zukes were a small disappointment since Sweetie makes a terrific zuchinni relish.

Corn, lots of that, boiled most of it and ate it with evening meals.
The gardens been enlarged so more corn can be planted.

Quite a few cucumbers of different types came in - which was a bit of a surprise since my California gardens didn't do well in the cuke dept.

Hot Peppers, lots of them and I need to get out there tomorrow morning and pick them.
We've been freezing them for future use, a pepper or two over the winter.

Looking forward to winter soups and stews.
Nights are cooling off here, but days are still in the low 90's - high 80's F.

I don't plan on a winter garden unless Sweetie insists.
Enlarging the garden as noted, new fences - I have three doxies and one wanna-bee Chihuahua that like to dig - and a little more soil amendment along with plowing it all under including the compost pile.

Sometime during the winter I need to build a shade device and that should help the tomatoes considerably.

Funny part right now is, daughter wanted some watermelons planted and the three little plants that went in about mid-summer have virtually take over.
Lots of melons still on and we need to learn when to pick them.
Two of them were taken off too early.

Lots to learn about Arizona gardening and I'm looking forward to taking in next Saturdays farmers market and talking about gardening, in particular tomatoes . . . my very favorite.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join