It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday clock about to tick again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The last update was just this last year, and things seemed to have gotten worse this year than last year. www.thebulletin.org...

I have a feeling that it shall give us another update quite soon, when the hands on the clock will tick closer to midnight, later on in September- October period. Just when the kids and family are back home from their summer vacations. A great way to start the new school year and semester.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This particular thread above though has caught my attention more than the Georgian conflict. When Russia talks to Cuba. It could certainly bring us back into the 1960's. But first, do you think Cuba will accept Russia for using them as Russia's shield? Will the Russian's or the American's fire their missiles this time? Or will they hold back as what they did last time?

I personally don't think that the Russian's will hold back this time, if the U.S makes their move on Iran. Poland's missle shield will be pointless if Russia insists using Cuba to bring Russia's nukes closer to the U.S.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Nuclear war sure does seem imminent now. There's no telling who's going to be first to drop the bomb, but when the do, all hell will break loose.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Won't Russia and the U.S. need to have another arms race first before they destroy eachother?

You know build up the ole arsonal again. Get the factories hummin and the people concentrating on the goal of world domination and destruction.

China's not turning out to be much of a military threat these days. Very disappointing.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Won't Russia and the U.S. need to have another arms race first before they destroy eachother?

You know build up the ole arsonal again. Get the factories hummin and the people concentrating on the goal of world destruction.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by In nothing we trust]

And everybody sleeps safer in their beds. Some negative feedback system or something.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Yeah see who makes the most nukes first. But it really doesn't matter, The U.S and Russia together have a large enough nuclear capability to blow up the world a few times over. I mean having an arms race to create the most weapons is a little over kill.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's still ticking...

How many minutes until 2012 ???

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ravinsomniac

2056320, until January 1st, that is. Until the supposed doomsday, well, just do the math.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Darn, I thought I had an extra minute..

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The amount and the severity of these regional, global conflicts between the years (2008 - 2013...) will be so severe, that billions of people will risk their lives, fighting against one another, fighting hunger/ famine, disease, floods, droughts, fires, economic failures, crop failures, earthquakes, landslides, volcanos, space debris, solar flares, polar shift, and blah blah blah.

If all of these events happen within the 5 year time frame. Earth will be like visiting hell for a day.

I will be suprised if all of those events happened within a year. (Jinx!!!)

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Shrukin89]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

I'm a believer in 2012 (assuming you are), but I'm not going to bet all my money on it. One thing's for sure, I don't think we're all going to die. I think after the fire is out, a forest will grow.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
reply to post by Shrukin89

I'm a believer in 2012 (assuming you are), but I'm not going to bet all my money on it. One thing's for sure, I don't think we're all going to die. I think after the fire is out, a forest will grow.

Very true my friend I will believe that humanity will survive. But great changes must arise to go in tune with the higher frequency and stronger pulse of the Earth's beat. It'll be really a new age. A golden age of change. A change of consciousness. In any case of what may go wrong in this world, keep a positive mind. Everybody is gonna need it.

But anyways, on topic: I'll check back to see if there will be anymore talk on Russia and Cuba. I'll keep you people posted and updated.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Shrukin89]

join