It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic overload

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have been reading the information here for a year. Today I decided to join because of this post. Since the 1970s there has been a rise in: autism, juvenile diabetes, obesity, and ADHD. I feel this is directly related to environmental toxins. The next generation is having not just their cellular level altered, but their very DNA. I have been living a "clean" lifestyle since the 1970s, and perhaps, being clear-headed and removed from most of these toxins, I am able to see the big picture. Thank you. I appreciate the time it took you to type this post. It is informative, important and essential to survival.

Be Aware and Beware!
Hildegard

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Hildegard_vonyork]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Informational overload indeed!

There's no way I could check out all those links, but fortunately I don't have to. I'm familiar with most of the things you mentioned. Here's how I handle things:

Water: from a well, in the country. Last check showed no contaminants. I use a cooler to keep my drinks cold when I go out for a run, and the ice I bring from home degrades into nice clean cold water.

I do drink soft drinks (Mountain Dew, of all things
), but lately I have been drinking less. Apparently my own body is telling me to back off, and I listen to it whenever it says something.

I now roll my own cigarettes. As soon as I started, I noticed a lack of desire for as many cigarettes, less sinus drainage (meaning less coughing in the morning) and a general healthier feeling. My plans are to grow my own tobacco starting next spring.

I eat garden-grown vegetables and deer/chicken more than beef now (at least when I am home). I am also working on a chicken house, so my chickens will be home-grown and corn-fed.

I am planning a larger garden next year, including more heirloom corn to feed those chickens.

I wish I could get my own dairy/beef cows, but not enough room. Maybe I'll get a shot at buying some more land around here.

I don't use deodorant. I shower (in well water). If that means someone with a hypersensitive nose gives me a dirty look, so be it.

Not much I can do about the diesel fumes (and I have noticed a lack of ability to concentrate due to them; seems to be temporary though). Same with the freon, as air conditioning is an absolute must in the summer in the Southeast, especially when sitting atop a 500-degree motor.

I am craving (and drinking) more well water lately, so I am at least hoping this is cleaning out my system some.

One guy mentioned a very true fact: we cannot isolate ourselves from all toxins. But the human body is resilient, and hopefully mine will be able to handle what toxins I cannot avoid.

Oh, and you mentioned chlorine... did I mention I can actually taste the stuff? Nasty chemical, nasty...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I agree with the OP and I often wonder if it would have been better for humans (and certainly for the earth) if we had never come down from the trees. It's sad that almost every facet of our "advanced" technological lives is detrimental to us and the rest of nature. Besides the toxicity issues, we are one of the few organisms on the planet that does nothing but take and contributes nothing in return.

There are very limited resources on the planet, and all other organisms return their bodily compounds and elements back to the life giving earth (via death and waste excretions) where they can be recyled back into the natural processes. We humans pump our wastes away (via potable water) into sludge fields, destroy millions of acres of land burying our bodies in hermetic boxes (where they are forever locked away from contributing to the cycle etc). Never mind the fact that we strip all the elements out of the earth and then disperse them ubiquitously across the land, seas, and atmosphere where they can never be recovered (and poison the remainder of life in the process). And then we call ourselves smart!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Excellent thread, I especially enjoyed the comments about the dry sauna, something I must try.

I have changed to spring water, ditched flouride, reduced pharmacological intake to pratically paracetamol and codein, taking fibre supplements. Next step will be ditching almost all industrialized higiene products just as soon as I research pratical alternatives. A few herbs in bathwater make for a very clean wash btw, I suspect flower baths with things like rose petals are much more effective than the chemical slush we waddle in. But going to research this a bit more. Another thing I have to defend against will be EM pollution.

Maybe it's time for that tin foil hat, eh?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

Get a salt lamp. About $30.
That helps to counter E-pollution.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
wow, that's terrible. Only problem is that avoiding everything as much as you suggest is impossible for most people. In fact the only way that someone could positively without a doubt be free of chemicles would be to start a farm.

1. grow your own food

2. get cattle

3. make cattle feed from the food you planted

4. eat cattle

5. water... dig a well?

sadly this isn't an option for basically everyone reading this forum. So yeah our demise, insanity, mind control w/e is inevitable so just ignore it.

also will the consumption of salt do anything? (above norm amounts)

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Aron1138]

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Aron1138]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
God bless freedom

Let's poison the earth with it.

Which oil rich country are we gonna free next?

What the hell are you trying to imply here? Freedom has nothing at all to do with the topic of this thread and could only barely be tangentially related to something like food toxicity.

So just what is it? Is this your way of expressing some anti-American sympathy or are you actually trying to say that freedom is bad, slavery good?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Wow. There are ACTUALLY people who care about purity? (!!!)
Downright scary! One of my grim views is the idea that not only do people not know about these things, they just don't care. That is why there is so much widely-drank sodapop; why the McDonald's kiddie meals keep on coming; why there are so many things continually going all the more wrong. Because NObody cares. At least it still seems the masses don't. It's all about what is convenient. It's inconvenient to excersize, to quit eating peanut butter, to hydrate themselves by bringing a little container of water with them. The fountain's right there, and water costs money. Better just drink up those metals! It's there, and it's FREE! Which of course is not to say that just any container of water you buy is that incredibly much better, but~ yeah. The fountain is right there. And the deodorant stops the stink- well, maybe the stink wouldn't be so intense if they weren't so conveniently intoxicating themselves in the first place! The sweat glands are there to regulate body temperature and expel toxins in the first place. If they changed, and let the smelly, smelly poisons out, there wouldn't be such a bad, "stanky" problem anymore.
I may or may not have caught an eye with the mentioning of peanut butter. I'm just going to put this in: I was told, by someone very healthy- pure, non-publicwaterfountaindrinking, non-antiperspirant-needing and such, that peanut butter is a molecule away from plastic. "Eat your PBJ, Jimmy! eat it up, MWWAHAHAHAHAAAA..."

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
God bless freedom

Let's poison the earth with it.

Which oil rich country are we gonna free next?

What the hell are you trying to imply here? Freedom has nothing at all to do with the topic of this thread and could only barely be tangentially related to something like food toxicity.

So just what is it? Is this your way of expressing some anti-American sympathy or are you actually trying to say that freedom is bad, slavery good?

actually, freedom has everything to do with this topic! our (mis)leaders are saying all these poisons we ingest/use on a daily basis are not only ok to use, but they claim most are actually good and beneficial for us!
don't you find that sickening? there's a reason why the Fabian Society, that Tony Blair and Bush frequent, uses a wolf in sheep's clothing as their emblem...

it's just a matter of our government using falsehoods to accomplish their twisted, hidden agendas of mass manipulation. disgusting!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

thank you so much for taking the time to start this thread, mopusvindictus! i only hope more people can read this and spread the word to as many others as they can!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita
Two things:

1) You mean McDonald's expects you to actually eat that?

2) You think peanut butter is bad, check out 'partially hydrogenated soybean oil'. It's in most things you buy, but is especially prevalent in margarine/vegetable spread. It is plastic. They force hydrogen gas under pressure into soybean oil, creating polymer chains (plastic), then take the product, which is dull grey and has the consistency of silly-putty, add artificial flavor and coloring to it, and wha-la! Butter that doesn't have cholesterol (because you can't absorb plastic in your digestive system).

As for me, I like the kind that comes out of a cow...

Come to think of it, don't they use partially-hydrogenated soybean oil in peanut butter? Maybe we're talking about the same thing...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
As for me, I like the kind that comes out of a cow...

But unless your own cows graze your own unfirtilized lands, the cows still eat feed from the farm supply, which would also have its own additives. I mean, if it doesn't have an additive, it just woudn't be very Amerkin would it !! heh.

Serously tho, the only full way out of it is to live away from society, eating only what one can grow.

And BTW - to the OP: awesome post !!! I'm still digesting it .... pun intended, lol

[edit on 23/8/08 by Misfit]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

First off, great post. Very informative read. I just had a couple things:

I know you're focusing mostly on mental health here, but you also touched on physical health. There are a lot of diseases out there to be afraid of, but in America and most of the rest of the world, life expectancy is at an all-time high. This might be a weak argument on my part, because with modern medicine we're able to survive a long time while being unhealthy, but it is something to think about.

As for mental health, I don't agree that there are so many more problems now than there have been throughout our history. I'm not going to say psychiatry is new, but the public's acceptance of this science and the availability of it is relatively new. While, in the past, a child might be called "hyper" or "rambunctious," now they are taken to a doctor and diagnosed, and labeled with one of countless mental disorders. Thus, the stats show a rising epidemic, when in reality it may not be very far above the historic levels of such personality traits.

I see it as something similar to the sexual revolution that started in the 60's. Before that time, society as a whole was thought to be sexually reserved, mostly because it wasn't socially acceptable to talk about such things. When Dr. Kinsey did his research, however, he found that it was actually quite the opposite. And once people started getting it out and it became okay to talk about sexual things, the general image of our (American) society started changing.

Similarly, now that it's okay to talk about mental problems, we're starting to see that everybody is a lot more screwed up in the head than we once thought. I don't really think this is a modern ailment, but just a condition that comes along with being human.

All that said, I'm not discounting the points you've made in your post. I think that most of these toxic things that we surround ourselves with are a problem and a health concern that should not be taken lightly. However, I don't think it's nearly the epidemic that you paint it to be.

EDIT to add:

You also mentioned the correlation between fast food and education. I think this has less to do with something in the burgers making kids stupid, and more to do with our society moving away from family values and parents not having time for their children, where a quick meal at McDonalds is easier than a home-cooked meal with the family, and parents are either failing to understand or failing to emphasize the importance of a proper education for their children.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Wintermute]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Anomen

yeah you're right.
there isn't much we can really do at this point haha. with the water, what else do you drink?
regarding the air pollution, theres not much you can do with that either.

exercise always helps and eating healthy does a lot too.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Eating local honey makes you immune to local allergens so that makes sense. Has anyone heard of the new so called desk rage videos circulating? This could be attributed to economic stress as well...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Good thread and lots of info. Thanks OP for this thread.

I like to detox myself on a regular basis as I feel the need and I listen to my body as others have said. I like to use an Ozone Sauna as part of my detox protocol. It requires some cautions as indicated in the link I provided above.

That and lots of filtered well water that I remineralize with liquid minerals and as much organic produce as I can afford. I grow my own salad greens and sprouts as well. I try to only eat natural meats and eggs which are one of the biggest common toxic load medium. I bath in filtered well water also. That is about all I do and I seldom even catch a cold and have improved my eye sight since I started this program.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
some dude in a clown suit is going to come shoot me with a big oversized gun isn't he?

but I must spread the truth

And we have that very same icon promoting the Olympic games. Isn't it a terrible thing that a sporting event of this size can promote probably the most unhealthy food on the planet?

And I feel this post isn't contributing much without something actually useful in it. So I would recommend oats to everyone here, especially whole grain if possible. The stuff makes a good breakfast, and it will lower your cholesterol just by consuming it. Make your bread from it, it's wonderful crunchy dense bread. Really good with home made vegetable soups, which can be made by simply boiling vegetables and a stock cube, add milk or cream and blend it up.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
So lets just burn down all the factory's that make all this crap. Burn em all.
For every one person who wants to rid the world of this toxic soup theres 10000 people happily soaking it up like a sponge.

And for the most part its simple willful ignorance, and they cant deny it.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You are spot on with this OP, we are all being poisoned to a slow and painful death. Just the hormones in the meat that we ingest is enough to do all sorts of nasty things to our bodies.

Then factor in the deoderants, cleaning agents and aerosols that we use on a daily basis, as well as the flouride issue, and you have the makings of a doomed lab rat.

I smoke in spite of every single awful thing that I know about what cigarettes contain and what horrible impact it has on my health. I will quit for good one day soon, it is not easy but it must be done. Paying $4.00 a pack to commit suicide is insane, I know this.

I have stopped drinking all soft drinks and do not intend to start back. The kicker for me was when I saw what happens when you place a nail into a glass of Coke and let it sit for a while. The nail goes bye bye. If it can eat through a nail, I figure it really cant be good for the human digestive tract and the kidneys.

Sorry I dont have any positive solutions or answers to the problem, but you are doing a great service by bringing all of this to peoples attention so that they at least will know why they feel so terrible.

Star and flagged

[edit on 8/23/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You forgot to mention all the radio waves we are bombarded by all day long from personal radios,communication devices cordless phones,cell phones and cell phone towers.
Add in CRT's from televisions and computers.High frequency sounds from jet engines flying over your heads, Trucks and construction equipment with turbo chargers.
Florescence lights and other artificial lighting.Being inside buildings and other structures that have electrical wires encased in the walls.
Yes living in a modern society has it's benefits, but some times I just want to pack a small bag and go live in a cave.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join