It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Picks Bayh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
According to Drudge, Obama has picked Bayh from Indiana as his Veep candidate.

According to Drudge, a company in Kansas City has been printing Obama-Bayh posters.
If this is true, what do you think about Obama's pick?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
He's already lost, so does it really matter?

The choice will help him little, in my view.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Doesn't matter who he picks at this point - cause poor old wrinkled white haired McCain doesn't stand a chance. Lots of his supporters will be dead before the election because they are so damn old.

Obama Mama.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Wow, I'm glad you are both so certain as to who will win. I guess I don't have to bother to vote in November.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Gotta love discrimination. Wonder if this forum would allow people to call Obama the 'N' word openly?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
In response to that, MSNBC reprted that campaigns usually have several printed graphics options in the works at this point in the process. Who knows. I am not satisfied with Bayh - it does nothing to enhance the ticket.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It's amazing how liberals seem to tow the line when it comes to discrimination against certain minorities, but they seem to have no problem discriminating against people because of age. Perhaps they're not aware that people over 40 are a defined "protected class" against discrimination in the workplace.
Isn't it funny that the liberals never say such things about Ted Kennedy, who is FOUR years older than McCain. They should have been screaming four years ago, to have him resign his Senate seat.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

From a geographic point of view, picking 2 candidates of adjoining states doesn't seem wise, does it?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
According to Drudge, Obama has picked Bayh from Indiana as his Veep candidate... If this is true, what do you think about Obama's pick?

I think he will be the first Democrat to win Indiana presidential election since FDR.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Here is a good argument for why that bumper sticker circulating is likely fake, I mean besides the fact that it's an awful pick:

donklephant.com...

I agree that Obama would likely choose a graphic that was similar to his current style. Marketing.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yes, that is what CNN is saying, namely that the style doesn't match his other materials. On the other hand, the style is identical to many past candidates' signs at both conventions. Only Obama knows for sure.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
It's amazing how liberals seem to tow the line when it comes to discrimination against certain minorities, but they seem to have no problem discriminating against people because of age.

Indeed. The inconsistency drives me nuts.

With respect to the selection, I actually think this is a red herring. Nice post, kosmicjack.

I guess we will know soon enough.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I saw a bit of the local news in Kansas City and the news anchor said that the bumper stickers are being sent to Denver, for what it is worth.......

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Obama-Bayh? It sounds like a joke for sheeple. I think I shall wait for him to announce it rather than the word of Drudge. I mean Obama- Bayh... Just say it out loud a few times.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Drudge NOW says that Bayh and Kaine have been informed that they are NOT picked.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
NBC Nightly News stated for the most part it was Biden. Andrea Mitchel did the report and was pretty smug. Guess we'll need to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'll tell ya, I hope and Glad it's not Bayh.

Obama and Clinton would be the best ticket at this point for the Democrats. With the number of people that came out to vote for those two I don't think McCain has a chance if they decide to come out as they did before.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I still say it will be Al Gore

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It would be an interesting pick. He certainly would shore up the blue class vote, which is Obama's weak flank. However, Biden has a propensity for putting both feet in his mouth. One thing I have to say about Biden; you always know where he stands on an issue. I think he's the bluntest member of the Senate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join