It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmanned Drone flying over Long Island Sparks Terror Investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Unmanned Drone flying over Long Island Sparks Terror Investigation

www.wnbc.com

The investigation began in February of last year, when investigators first learned testing of the drone was underway. Officials said the drone was being designed to carry more than 600 pounds of explosives.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
An Egyptian national under a Sudanese passport. LOL. Walks like a duck...quacks like a duck...

Makes sence...the terrorists use what we use against us. What a great tactic, unmanned drones to fly wherever they want. Basically its a poor mans cruise missile and can be launched from anywhere and remotely controlled....pretty slick

www.wnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wouldn't take much to equip that thing with an on-board GPS navagation system.

Flown to a high enough altitude (to avoid obstacles), you could have a very effective (semi-)automous, point-to-point delivery system.

If its radar signature was small enough (by incorporating non-metalic composite materials for the primary structures), it could be easily mistaken for a hobbist's R/C plane; delaying defensive responses.

Very distrubing, indeed.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Color me unimpressed - he sounds more like a guy trying to make a buck off of the War on Terror defense spending spree than he does a terrorist.

A terrorist would have at least tried to conceal his efforts - this guy appears to have been operating completely in the open.

Even the investigators have said they found no links to terrorism...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Its an experimental aircraft and has no rules attached.
Radio controls need an FCC license.
But who needs one for a self controlled automaton.
JFK JR didn't know how to fly and he had some lawnmower flyer.
Injured his leg and led to his death in a real plane.
Now if the plane was an electrostatic propelled craft this might be an
interesting story.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I thought Headlines werent supposed to be changed...which this one obviously was. The article stated:

In this case, police said there is no evidence any laws were broken as the drone was tested on the ground. Officials said if it had gone into the air without prior FAA approval, it could have been considered a crime.

How is that "Flying over L.I."?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The guy is simply a con man. He has a product called a BattleHog , google for "Battlehog drone story stinks". From the article you will get everything you need to know. I think the most moronic thing is he named his "drone" that has never flown the Battlehog - I think someone spent too much time playing "Halo". He has no experience at engineering, but it is scary that he entered the country illegally.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wow, talk about dealing a taste of their own medicine.

I don't agree with him building this... but then again, I also don't agree with the hundreds of drones built and deployed by the US either.

Something tells me the US and the Middle East are going to be launching attacks back and forth until some major metropolitan city ends up as a huge crater.

Then all hell will break loose.

Should have just left the middle east alone. But nooooo... gotta get them baddies who may or may not have WMD's.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

My first thought was drugs smuggling/weapons/reptillian

sty

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
wow, the machine is really impressive! it could stay in the air for 8 to 10 hours! this point alone makes the "toy" dangerous.

new topics

top topics

join