It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccine-wary parents spark public health worry

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Vaccine-wary parents spark public health worry

www.msnbc.msn.com

ASHLAND, Ore. - Isabella Parker knows there are two things a big girl needs before she can go to kindergarten: a new backpack and a set of shots so she won’t get sick.
So the brown-eyed 5-year-old doesn’t flinch when nurse Katy Cowan jabs two sharp needles quickly into each arm. Within seconds, Isabella is inoculated against diseases once regarded as the scourges of childhood, including measles, mumps, diphtheria, pertussis and polio.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Okay, here is where I am torn as a father of three. You hear reports of mercury being in these vaccines. Then I see a newscast where the government is trying to have scientists say that mercury may actually be good for you. Then you hear the stories of people who 'played with it their entire childhood and are fine" and then the link to autism.

What are we to believe? I believe that you do develop an immunity to disease by being exposed to it. Simple medicine. However, I have also seen declassified documents where the government has run tests on people without their knowledge. Even after it was declared illegal. (A point that just kills me. Why wouldn't it have been illegal in the first flipping place?)

Now we get more and more parents who are becoming aware of the government putting crap in the vaccines like mercury. They are choosing to make their kids immune to having to have these shots.

This does bring up a good point. If a group of people reaches a certain level of 'non-vaccinated' individuals it does endanger the entire group.

It is a discussion I have had with my wife on many occassions and one that we are still on the fence about.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Have you seen what is in vaccines? Here's a list:

Formaldehyde

Mercury

Antifreeze

Aluminium

2-Phenoxyethanol

Phenol

Methanol

Borax

Glutaraldehyde

MSG

Sulfate and phosphate compounds

Polymyxin B

Polysorbate 20 / 80

Sorbitol

Polyribosylribitol

Beta-Propiolactone

Amphotericin B

Animal organ tissue and blood

Aborted human fetal tissue and human albumin

Large foreign proteins

This is not an exhaustive list. It is, however, a list with disturbing toxic and/or allergenic properties.

To read what these ingredients do, visit:

www.vaccination.inoz.com...

But I would think just reading over that list would make anyone aghast at the thought of anyone trying to suggest that this is good for their kids. As the link above points out, no matter what, a child is damaged by these "vaccinations," and the degree depends on a multitude of factors.

Given that our esteemed government has tried to convince us that sodium fluoride is "good for our teeth," when in fact it does NOTHING to strengthen teeth, and is cumulative and poisonous... Will we believe that the vaccination programs are really for our own good?

So... If I were you, I would fight these tooth and nail. My opinion only. You make your own choice.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
In my opinion, it doesn't matter what studies are performed by who, or what they take out and put in the vaccines. You're still only assuming that you know what is being injected into your children, and everyone is only assuming that they fully understand the effects on the children.

A couple close to my family lost their first born. Within hours of receiving his MMR shot, he was in a coma. He was declared brain dead the following day.

No thanks. Why is it that my children never even catch the common cold, when all the vaccinated kids at school miss upwards of 2 weeks of school a year because they're sick? Catching things like Chicken Pox and Measles, that they were supposedly vaccinated for?

Proper diet, wash hands, stay healthy.

In the videos below, the statistics and facts speak for themselves.
Part 1 of 5. Other parts found in related vids.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8/22/2008 by Unit541]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that the vaccination program is fraudulent, based on bad science and a potential vector for eugenic inspired population control by sociopathic powermongers. My personal opinion is that it needs to simply stop and medicine needs to take a diferent direction regarding prevention. My personal opinon is the efectiveness of the vaccines is overstated and the resistance of the human body is understated, all to serve an elitist agenda.

Take it for what it is worth.

PS: However, we have a saying here, all it takes to die is to be alive. There are no garantees in life, and you may get a bad break either way. That said my bet would be no vaccines.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Zepherian]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I remember living during a time when there was no vaccine to protect against polio.

Most all the people that had polio in my home town are dead now. They either died in an iron lung or were crippled all their life if they survived the disease.

My mothers worst fear was that I might get polio.

When the vaccine first became available my entire family went to the local school and received the polio vaccine. A couple of years later we again were vaccinated against polio.

I have continued having booster vaccines when necessary for travel to third world countries to work.

Last month I had the vaccine to protect against shingles since I had chicken pox as a child. It is suggested that anyone over 60 yrs. get the herpes zoster vaccine.

Within the next few months I will have more adult vaccines.

My children and their children have all been vaccinated against all diseases there is a vaccine for.

I have never known anyone to have a severe reaction to vaccines.

But.............I have seen the results of unvaccinated children. It is heartbreaking.

I took my youngest granddaughter to get her shots for school this summer. Even though I am pro vaccination I still had an uneasy feeling as I saw the nurse administer the injection.

My sympathies go out to all the young parents that are concerned with the safety of the vaccines. If I were a young parent now....I would probably be very concerned about this issue. I'm thankful I don't have to make those decisions anymore.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
My question is simply, why now?

Why the 'outbreak' of autism now, when people have been getting vaccines for decades?

I'm sincerely asking these questions because I have yet to hear the answers.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ok my grandfather HAD polio, recovered, had five kids none of them had polio. The immune system is not like a virus-scan that blocks new threats as perceived. It actually
runs more like a OS, viruses would be detected and the antibody would run rather like an application. Ask yourself. If you as a child overloaded your immune system with every possible threat to the immune system and forced it to create antibodies simultaneously for all of them? Well, on a computer if running every application simultaneously it will most likely freeze. Death is what happens to kids who can't live with reduced capacity for immune load in the future. They just overload right there and then. Sad really.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I say, have fun with that.

My mom had polio and she is alive, kicking and healthy at 78. With proper nutrition (probiotics, organic foods, range-fed animals, etc.) it's amazing how well one can come though epidemics.

I would rather risk disease than assure toxic/allergenic foreign creppola in my veins.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
My question is simply, why now?

Why the 'outbreak' of autism now, when people have been getting vaccines for decades?

I'm sincerely asking these questions because I have yet to hear the answers.

Actually... It isn't "now..." When the vaccination regime went up from 5 to 20ish in the late 1980's, that's when a sudden upwards climb of autism began.

It is only now that the outrage had peaked to the point that the MSM can no longer ignore the issue.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well, even people like me who are severely skeptical about the whole program do admit the possibility that some vaccines have had a positive impact.

I think it's part of the con, bait us in with good medicine then overload us with bad. But of course I'm a CT. There is also the possibility that the very diseases that were said to be defeated by vaccination were themselves a result of bio warfare. We live in a world where we have synthetic diseases, like AIDS now seems to be, and we there are historical records of biological genocides going back to plague victims being catapulted over city walls. What is held as truth by the group mind might not be an exact reality, and imo it is good to be cautious over the use of vaccines.

And then there is the question of general effectiveness of the program: I got the flu vaccine and I got the flu. My aunt went on holiday to S. America, likely got vaccines, yet managed to catch, and defeat, Dengue feaver. And there are probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of such cases. Should we trust the official numbers? In a world where key health system positions are occupied by people working against humanity?

This is a complex issue where I side on the line of caution.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I am thankful your mom survived and is doing well. She is a rare case.

The memory of the iron lungs and many, many people on crutches and wheel chairs is forever etched in my brain.

The vaccination issue seems to be a damned if you do and a damned if you don't issue.

My heart breaks for young parents faced with the issues of vaccinations today.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

What do you mean when you say, "Have fun with that"?

This is a very serious issue. Not funny at all.

If I were a young parent in 2008 I would more than likely refuse to get my children vaccinated. But I'm an old woman and have seen the ravages of many communicable diseases in my country and abroad.

I am concerned for the young children also. I don't want to see sick children nor do I want them to be hurt by vaccines.

I'm on the side of the children and I assume you are also.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
This does bring up a good point. If a group of people reaches a certain level of 'non-vaccinated' individuals it does endanger the entire group.

That I don't understand. It should only affect the group who have not been vaccinated. The ones who have chosen to be vaccinated, should be immune. Or maybe I'm wrong?

The truth is, exposure to diseases does make the immune system fight the disease much better if exposed again to it in the future. This is why so many think vaccines are a good idea.

But unfortunately, the evil elite have taken advantage of this, and people's fears, and have added various other substances into the vaccines, to support their own agenda. This is why vaccines are no longer a good idea.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The pros of vaccines vastly outweigh the cons imo...yes there are reactions in some children,but the vast majority of children are fine and immunized from lots of nasties...You should make a carefull decision,but like i said the benfits outweigh the risks.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My step son is autistic and my wife believes that autism is probably caused by some type of outside source that has been introduced into our society. Vaccines are one of the leading theories as to a contributing factor. If autism is hereditary, then where are all the 50 and 60 year old autistic people, and why is autism more prevalent now than ever?

steven

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I can only offer to you one solution but that will depend on your personal needs and personal time.

Home school your children

They will get the best schooling ever if you chose to teach them in an open minded and balance curriculum at home.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Are there any Doctors on this thread that care to give their Opinion anonamously? I am definitly "on the fence" and am scared.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
And for more spin: "If you didn't vaccinate your kids, you too could find yourself partly responsible for the resurgence of a disease thought eliminated in 2000."
www.sciam.com...

Of course there is no mention of the estimated 5 million illegal Mexicans in the United States who have never been vaccinated. Its only the thinking parents who have done the research and decided not to inject their child with mercury or antifreeze that are putting the rest of the population at risk.

Hildegard

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have had first hand experience with a child that had reactions to immunizations.

She reacted to the first set of baby shots with fussyness, fever and slight tremors...informed her ped of this and got, "you are an over reactive mom, she's just fine. Give her some Tylonol and see you next time" And like an idiot, I listened and got her second set of shots, there were to be three in all.

We weren't home more than an hour and she started with a high pitched wail and then NOTHING. Imagine a 2month old baby, turning blue, and shaking uncontrollably on her back in her crib. I picked her up and called my neighbor who was a paramedic. By the time the neighbor arrived, less than 3 min. (and at this time I lived 30 miles from the nearest 911 access) my daughter was coming out of the seizure (it was a grand mal)and acting like a normal child, although she was was a bit groggy.

While we waited for the Sheriff's ambulance to get there the neighbor witnesses another seizure, more mild. No more seizures between the house and the hospital. She waited for another 45 minutes under observation, and still no seizures. The doctor accused me of having Münchhausen's because I was livid and making a scene due to my daughters condition, when all of a sudden she was hit by another grand mal.

Bottom line, she was fine before she was being immunized, a normal healthy 9lb 11oz baby(yep, she was a big one) but after the immunizations, she had seizures, which btw never happened again once I decided not to get her MMR, DPT, Mumps again. She did have a brush when she was older with the HepB vaccine because it was required in public school, got 2 of those shots too and got very ill as well. Never again, and she's been fine...even had the Chicken Pox, bad case, did well recovering on her own and was home schooled.

Long term problems are however notable. She has Asburgers, a type of high Autism, she was diagnosed with ADD, and she began her menses at the age of 10...no genetic backround from me or her father should support any of these outcomes.

My opinion is there are NO OPTIONS to weigh, and no fence to sit on. It's a matter of personal choice, and if the so called "vaccines" are such a good idea, then those that choose to use them on their kids don't need to worry about those of us that have chosen not vaccinate, because their kids are being taken care of by those "wonderful big brother Judas goats" that they so blindly follow.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join