It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats living in our Ocean and Seas???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I was just thinking about the space projects that we have been doing for a long time. I ask you this,why are we able to walk on the moon and put robots on Mars but we have yet to find out what the deepest point in the oceans and seas hold???? The technology we have developed to make space exploration possible tells me that we are capable of going to the Bottom of the water bodies, so why haven't we?? I have seen pics of some weird creatures. Its seems like the deeper you go the more exotic the fish become.. Can you imagine whats living on the bottom??

Whats to say that there isn't aliens or something to that effect down there??? Maybe another species similar to humans?? What do you think
I think we should be a little more concerned with finding out what we have here on this planet before we go running to investigate Mars. I do love space and planets, but I'm starting to get a little curious about whats in the water, here lol..

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Actually... we've been pretty deep, and there's a pretty good deal of studying being and been done.
Sure, new species get discovered, studied, fairly often still. But it's not for lack of research.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I hate those fish..........anyways, isn't the deepest part of the ocean the Marriana Trench? I think I'm wrong. Don't know, but have we been able to go all the way down to the deepest parts?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yes...i dont think theres anything crazy that we still haven't discovered...50 meter sea monster for example...but there will probably be alot of things thought uninhabitable i should think...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

The technology behind space exploration is very different to that of submersibles. The main problem with deep sea exploration is the extreme pressures involved as you get deeper and deeper, caused by the huge volume of water above. In space there is a lack of pressure as there is nothing in the vacuum that exerts a force on the craft.

Some of the creatures found at depth are incredible and look so strange.

The ocean is one of the most unexplored aspect of Earth and I wonder what mysteries are still left to be found.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
As far as I know we haven't been able to get anything all the way down to the bottom of the ocean (the real deep parts), yet. As in a person, or piece of technology like a camera or a microphone. The pressure at those depths pops everything we're capable of building, currently. Of course if anyone has any links or data to prove me wrong I'd be really excited and interested to see it.

Perhaps we could do it if we could build something nebulous and flexible. Like some kind of cyborg-bio-mechanical...thing. Or perhaps we could build something strong enough to withstand the pressure outside of our atmosphere. Like if they built it on the International Space Station or a shop on the Moon.

Edited: to add final paragraph.

[edit on 8/22/08 by Malynn]

[edit on 8/22/08 by Malynn]

new topics

top topics

join