It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

zombies, are you prepared for the worst?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i am starting this thread as a rather entertaining way to see what a person(s) would do if a zombie epidemic occurs. the scenario is simple, your hometown is being stricken with a deadly virus that reanimates the dead and what do you have to protect yourself and where would you go for shelter if optional?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Funnily enough I actually do have a plan

My gf used to work at a hunting and camping store, so obviously the first place we would go would be here to gather necessities such as camping gear and crossbows for hunting, killing etc. She currently works as the manager of a knife store which also carries certain items which would be benficial in this situation (mag lites, hunting knives, swords, sharpening blocks etc)

The place we had thought of to stay would actually be at my work (Australian Bureau of Meteorology, Darwin Met office), which is surrounded by a high fence on all sides, with an electronic gate as an entry. The gate and fence cannot be penetrated without a key (which i obviously have
)

The building is extremely secure to. Being in a cyclone prone area, there are two double glazed windows, built to withstand category 5 winds and all doors can only be opened with the same electronic key. The office being a met office and like all met offices in Oz, is sited at an airport. Darwin Internaional Aiport here, which is a combined miltary and civilian airport, so we are in a good place for evacuation

The office also has a wide variety of safety gear, fire extinguishers and medical supplies, as well as a fully functioning bathroom, kitchen and we have one bed in the sick room to.

There is also a room for the on site tech which containsalmost every tool you can think of and the building is set up for communcation via, internet, mobile phone, satellite phone, and cb radio (used in cyclone situations) The cb is also set to the local emergency frequency.

I am sure theres more that I have forgotten so will post some other stuff when I remember

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
All one has to do is kill the Lead Zombie and we have identified who that is.....

Killing him should be easy, as apparently he can only fight in a fully choreographed zombie mob!

So in the case of a zombie outbreak killing Michael Jackson will solve the crisis.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
First things first we need some signs put up.

Rules is rules.

Then some education.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
[edit on 23-8-2008 by dreamingawake]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
y'see, if you live in a heavily condensed wooded area, like the five acre property i live in, i would use my forty foot geodesic dome as a fortress. not only that i would have a twelve guage pump action shotgun, and a katana amongst other traps one could set for wandering undead. i.e. false ground traps, razorwire fence, and a harpoon

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
--OFFICIALLY BRANDED A WACK THREAD BY THE UNION OF WACK POSTERS --

As for a rsponse? What woul I do? Ive had a dream about this once, and I couldnt make it to my car because zombies roaming in the street. I guess I would get some where high up like the ceiling and take it from there....Hopefully situation never comes lol

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
okay now we have a mission and a waiting out plan. i choose to kill the queen(?) zombie. but if the queen(?) zombie does die, what if the zombies are still mulling around and we still have the song thriller in our heads? i choose finding a boat but not a motorboat though because if you see dawn of the dead, you'll know motors can pack in and break down. so i choose to use a sail boat like a yacht with a mast

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
[edit on 4-9-2008 by rockoperawriter]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Sorry about my above reply being messed up...
I like the idea of being out on the acreage, to live and such, also be armed for attack...
:bash:

Also travel to a lab-probably in a currently desolate city inhabited by the monsters due to their wrath of destruction- and try to develop and antidote-I know movie cliche, but hell it works?! While staying in designated bomb shelter-which are indicated by signs in the area- as they would probably best keep the zombies out. I'd have a tank or hummer-running on hydrogen if there's in fact gas shortages. Whilst gathering more supplies on the acreage and farm land, until of course, the antidote is fully ravaging the virii.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I seen a book on this subject at hastings. "The Zombie Survival Guide" 2003

[edit on 11-9-2008 by dreamingawake]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
next subject: weapons! what weapon would you have in this endeavor? wheather you had it or not which weapon would you have during a zombie attack? mine would be a browning automatic rifle with a 180 round snail drum clip and a katana

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

next subject: weapons! what weapon would you have in this endeavor? wheather you had it or not which weapon would you have during a zombie attack? mine would be a browning automatic rifle with a 180 round snail drum clip and a katana

How do you plan to kill something that is already dead?
BURN IT.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
BURN IT

have you seen what a b.a.r. could do to someone? it'll blow a hole in a zombie big enough to use as a coffeecup holder. and if you aim for the head, they're dead. it usually takes a while for a burning zombie to die from flames but if you use a katana, the ammunition issue is gone

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

BURN IT

have you seen what a b.a.r. could do to someone? it'll blow a hole in a zombie big enough to use as a coffeecup holder. and if you aim for the head, they're dead. it usually takes a while for a burning zombie to die from flames but if you use a katana, the ammunition issue is gone
So are those words of experience..or fantasy?
I don't believe in zombies. I was being sarcastic.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
neither. they are the words of an author, poet, and an avid reader who has imagination. you know, a wierdo

top topics

join