It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

everyone should stop worring about 2012 and worry about sept 10th 2008

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
We might not even make it to 2012 once they turn on the LHC cern particle collider. do we really need to know everything? one you do the fun is over

I think we seriously need to start discussing what this machine is capable of and its dangers.

time machine? big bang machine? or i thought this one up maybe in 2012 nibaru or planet x or its brown dwarf star is going to crash into us and maybe this cern machine is actually a weapon against this.. it somehow causes enough
gravity to move it out of the way or like in the movie the fifth element it creates some huge energy particle beam weapon. an ultimate weapon against ultimate evil. iv also heard theory's its a stargate and we are going to use to open up a portal into another dimension.

we must start debating what are the alternate capabilities of this thing im mean really would we really spend that much money and time to figure out something we have already watched over and over again on the discover channel it explains the big bang all the time and shows animations of it im isn't this what they say they are trying to do get a view of the primordial universe well iv already seen it. it just dosn't add up something defiantly fishy here needs to be looked into............

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It's a particle accelerator.. The biggest one in the world.. I don't think it will have an effect on us or the world.. I have more pressing things to worry about.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ye im a little bit worried about the LHC aswell because we actually dont have a clue whats going top happen which is very dangerous

lets hope it all goes well and we make it beyond 2008 alive and kicking and without any scars.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Nothing will happen on September 10th, nothing will happen in 2012, everyone will keep living normal lives for the most part. Except the paranoid people who may come down with some mental disease and need to be committed to a home.

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
Ye im a little bit worried about the LHC aswell because we actually dont have a clue whats going top happen which is very dangerous

lets hope it all goes well and we make it beyond 2008 alive and kicking and without any scars.

Actually, you would have a clue if you read up on it and realized that it is literally impossible to create a regular black hole with LHC.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by OnionCloud]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

I really like your Signature

Yes, It is new and big.. But the principles are the same as it's predecessor.

They hope to Study new and exotic types of matter.. Yes there may be some danger involved in this.. But I feel nothing "Bad" will come of it.. I may be wrong but we shall see. Life is a learning adventure and we have to have our little fingers in everything.. I will be following it closely.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
No one knows if something will go terribly wrong on that date or later with that technology. There are risks. The risks would destroy all life on earth. The real question is whether science has the right to force these kind of experiments down the worlds throat whenever it wishes?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I've always wondered how these "unanswered questions" could justify spending six to seven billion dollars? Could there actually be more to it than just recreating the nanoseconds after the big bang? Makes one wonder. I'm glad they built it in Europe though, just in case it does go haywire.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerpeacemaker and billyjoinedat2k8

If you would actually read up on the LHC you guys would know what is going to happen instead of making assumptions based on fear mongering threads you read on the internet

Jesus I'm so tired of these threads.

No black holes will swallow up the earth, there will be no cataclysmic explosion that will destroy the Earth, the sun won't blow up, no dictator from the future will show up and enslave us. Insert whatever ridiculous doomsday scenario you want to, it won't happen.

Any black holes created can only be seen by a powerful microscope, and that blackhole will exist for about 1/34374834738 of a second before it implodes on itself.

This thing will only benefit us. It will help us understand our universe much better, it may even give us a portal to another dimension. Even if there was a 25% chance that the LHC could doom us all, I'd still support it as the benefits far far outweigh the consequences.

Humans weren't doing that great anyways.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OnionCloud

Onioncloud i seriously think you should open your mind a bit theyre a difference between being skeptical and just plain close minded.

Everyone else here is atleast saying that something COULD happen probably wont but theyre still that little chance.

Tghank you

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
I've always wondered how these "unanswered questions" could justify spending six to seven billion dollars? Could there actually be more to it than just recreating the nanoseconds after the big bang? Makes one wonder. I'm glad they built it in Europe though, just in case it does go haywire.

Ever wanted to know what causes gravity? Well, that's a big part of it. And if it goes "haywire" in the terms that these people are inferring (it won't, the amount of research done is staggering, which people on here don't seem to understand), then we're all goners.

It's not hard to research something. You go to google, type in Large hadron Collider, and read all the science on it. Or, you go to a scientific archive website like this one and search for things on the topics your interested in, and read the research papers. You might not understand the math, but you may understand the concepts.

OnionCloud I seriously think you should open your mind a bit. There's a difference between being skeptical and just plain close minded.

Everyone else here is at least saying that something COULD happen. Probably wont but there's still that little chance.
Thank you

So, you've read the research document and have come to the conclusion that if a micro black hole were created (assuming there are other dimensions), the Hawking radiation wouldn't be sufficient for it to evaporate?

Look, I'm saying that these theories about a real black hole being created are unfounded. There isn't even a chance, because the energy output capable at LHC isn't anywhere close to that level.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by OnionCloud]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Like I said.. It's just bigger then it's predecessor.. The principles are the same..
You will just be able to do more with it. Nothing bad.. No end of the world event.. My God.. The paranoia of my fellow man.. Afraid of the unknown.. But it's not unknown.. Been done before.

So just relax and stop worrying.

link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8

Who's "we"? Careful with your pronouns. I do have a clue about what's going to happen. I have a clue what the LHC is. I have a clue about what experiments are actually going to be done. I don't just listen to a the scary things being said without doing even a little bit of study on my own.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Phage]

link   
agh durggh its only like one is billion chance of somthing bad happening... um has anyone over heard of someone winning the lotto?

sty

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
lol, from the top 50 doomsday scenario , this one is worring me the least. I guess the number one is the atomic holocaust possibility , then the bio-war then environment destruction.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I was watching an episode of X-Files the other night, it was about a physicist who worked for a company called Polarity Magnetics, he was experimenting with a particle accelerator. Somehow he was trapped inside the room where the accelerator was, and was blasted with the beams (They compared it to a super megawatt x-ray) The outcome, his shadow was printed on to the wall, and had dark matter in his body (he was researching dark matter) He now had a new shadow, but a shadow with properties of a black hole, anyone who steps into his shadow would transform into a small puddle of blue goo, melted. Thought this was interesting.

Season 2, Episode 23 - Soft Light

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Ferengi]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerpeacemaker

Do you a source for those odds?
I haven't seen them quoted anywhere.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerpeacemaker

Sigh...

How often have you won the lottery? Or anyone you know?

Of course someone has to win the lottery because theres MILLIONS of people playing the lottery, whereas in THIS lottery, its just us, 1. SO, instead of HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of draws in a lottery, theres just 1 in this one. Do you get it? Please tell me you get it? If I didn't shave my head, I'd be pulling out my hair right now.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I dont think he actually meant 1 in a billion i think he was using it as an example.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I am not so much worried about the LHC spitting God's left eye and ticking him off or whatever...but I do thank the OP for reminding me that not remembering Sept 10 is a worry for me...it's Mom's birthday.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i have done plenty of research on the thing im a member of cerns website. i still thing we are playing with fire.

now what i meant to get out of this thread was other possible uses and disaster scenarios for the sake of conversation.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join