It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk of Russia-Cuba ties seen as warning to U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Talk of Russia-Cuba ties seen as warning to U.S.

news.yahoo.com

HAVANA (Reuters) - Cuba and Russia have stirred memories of their Cold War alliance with recent talk of restoring "traditional" ties in what experts said was a warning to their old adversary, the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I was waiting for this move. Its 1960 all over again. This war of threats is getting out of hand!!

Zindo

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There has been a few threads on this already. In one of them, someone posted a link that said that Cuba would not allow Russia back onto its land as they liked the status-quo. I don't know if its true or not, I'm looking on various search engines right now and can't find anything related to that.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I never heard that Ben. I did see the article where they welcomed their bombers on their soil to refuel. They may not want the Russians setting up nukes there, but they dont need to. Those bombers carry a serious payload. Stealth nuclear cruise missles. 6 of them to be exact in the 100 - 200 kt range. They have a type of optical radar that would allow them to duck away from anything coming at it. They are guided by a gps system that would allow them to hug terrain, such as flying a few feet off of a river. The heat trail is now masked on them as well.

They got the big guns, thats why they havent done more about missle defense. It doesnt affect them. They just know at some point it will.
And they want to be left alone in their region.

new topics

top topics

join