It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airplanes and other Aircraft out of place on Google Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I wish i could supply a source here, but i'm hoping that someone reading this will remember seeing it and be able to find it because i have looked for the last hour and connot find it again. It's a video someone did of a screen capture while they were using Google Earth, and it shows an interesting anomaly clooection on G.E. that only involves aircraft. It is believed by some that Our sattelites use automatic software to tamper with the photos they send back to us, and that sometimes this software makes mistakes. The video is a good example. I remember it showed dozens of situations with airplanes in the middle of a busy highway, a 747 on top of a building, one parked right in the middle of a forrest, if some type of software does indeed look for anomalous things and change them then it is definately programmed for anthing resembling aircraft, as the majority of the anomalys in the video were near airports and involving rcraft in impossible situations, like the program "misplaced" them. Does someone remember this? i saw it a month ago and should have snagged it then, but fo reasons i don't remember i got sidetracked studying something else. anybody that can help source this would be appreciated, as well as any other strange things things that people have found on Google Earth. Also, i think it would be awesome to challenge skeptics to turn google earth to greyscale, and try to find examples of natural formations here on earth that resemble the many artificcial anamolys we have found on mars, like a feature here on Earth that explains the Giant plant and tree evidence away as "rocks" or sand dunes. This would be a fun project.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Yeah,

I remember seeing that on Youtube a while ago, but can't find it now.

I'll carry on searching, and if I find it I'll post a link here.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.metacafe.com...

[edit on 23-8-2008 by MatrixBaller04]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I was actually looking at some wierd stuff from google earth on you tube last night and remembered seeing this one for sure.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I beat you..But yea..same video...Some of those are kind of strange.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
hehe I be to slow
There are alot of wierd things you can see through google earth that I found amusing but none pertaining to this post. Why would the aircraft be out of place in the first place?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Thanks Guys,

I really enjoyed the vid.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleksander
hehe I be to slow
There are alot of wierd things you can see through google earth that I found amusing but none pertaining to this post. Why would the aircraft be out of place in the first place?

i have no idea
i just thought it was very odd and possibly the result of software failure, strange that it put so many airplanes in impossible places. I need someone with a better imaginatain than i have to state any theories on why or how this happened.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

Some of the airplanes in odd places are exhibits at various aircraft museums. Some are grounded planes used to train rescue workers or fire fighters, some are on display as part of a promotion or as advertising, and some are simply parked and awaiting disposal. It's not a software failure, it's using aircraft in unusual ways.

top topics

join